• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Canada ordering

AC22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hi, yes, small world! Great choice in colour - LCM. Yes, the white one was likely mine. I was on a waitlist (number eight)and an extra Type S came up. Said they would only sell it to someone who had a trade-in. Two people on the list backed out. I got a good price for my trade-in - did some comparisons prior to negotiating. I am very happy with my Type S! You will be as well. Lots of people are saying its expensive/why not buy a german car for not much more. I have owned an AMG and driven other German sports cars - Type S is special. - Also low depreciation/possible appreciation with the limited availability.
Absolutely, I`m sure I'll hear some of the same comments. Having had a CLA in the past I value the minimal depreciation, low maintenance costs/parts and Honda reliability. Glad to hear that you are enjoying yours, I`m hoping mine arrives by the end of July as planned.

How do you like the all-weather mats? I was debating between the oem mats and Tuxmats to possibly get some extra coverage this time (I`ve got young kids). I do however love the type s logo on the mats from the pics that I`ve seen.

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
That's good thinking - I have a young son. I usually go with weathertech, but I could not resist the Type S logoed mats. Coverage for the Type S mats (Front and Back seats) are not as good coverage-wise. Back seat mats do not cover the centre part of the floor. The rear cargo mat is no different than weathertech for coverage.

silphscope150

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CLA250
Did anyone by chance get a discount on their car? Or is that a long shot?

Red

N4nn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS
Ended up working with a dealer today to secure a black ITS but unfortunately, they would not budge on interest rates or the added items and protection packages. I’m wondering if I should just back out and put a deposit on a dealer out of town to get msrp on a later model year lol. Probably won’t do that but feels nice to think about it lol.

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
Ended up working with a dealer today to secure a black ITS but unfortunately, they would not budge on interest rates or the added items and protection packages. I’m wondering if I should just back out and put a deposit on a dealer out of town to get msrp on a later model year lol. Probably won’t do that but feels nice to think about it lol.
i dont think you can just negotiate on the interest rate.. dealers cant just discount interest rate on a whim can they?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
i dont think you can just negotiate on the interest rate.. dealers cant just discount interest rate on a whim can they?
Not Canadian, but if the dealer is offering (or requiring) in-house financing, then the rate would be negotiable. Not all places allow dealerships to mandate the financing piece--maybe @N4nn3r will share more on the financing terms?

N4nn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS
Not Canadian, but if the dealer is offering (or requiring) in-house financing, then the rate would be negotiable. Not all places allow dealerships to mandate the financing piece--maybe @N4nn3r will share more on the financing terms?
They didn’t mention finance being a requirement as I was already looking at that option vs lease so I assume it might have been. It’s an open loan so can pay back right away anyways when cash is available. With respect to interest rates, the sales guy did it through Acuras in house financing, called it AFS or something on his calculator. They said it offered a lower rate (in this case 7.29%) than what the banks are going to give you (heard it was 7.99+ and bank sites aren’t even advertising it). There was essentially no negotiations available on the rate, he essentially said my hands are tied, this is take it or leave it. Same with the add-ons, take it or leave it. I was under the impression there would be some leeway to make things work whether it was accessories in place of protection shit but my sales only alluded to it and never made it clear until I was in his office. The only thing he did as a plus was offer me a touch up pen.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
They didn’t mention finance being a requirement as I was already looking at that option vs lease so I assume it might have been. It’s an open loan so can pay back right away anyways when cash is available. With respect to interest rates, the sales guy did it through Acuras in house financing, called it AFS or something on his calculator. They said it offered a lower rate (in this case 7.29%) than what the banks are going to give you (heard it was 7.99+ and bank sites aren’t even advertising it). There was essentially no negotiations available on the rate, he essentially said my hands are tied, this is take it or leave it. Same with the add-ons, take it or leave it. I was under the impression there would be some leeway to make things work whether it was accessories in place of protection shit but my sales only alluded to it and never made it clear until I was in his office. The only thing he did as a plus was offer me a touch up pen.
That’s the Acura corporate financing program, and he’s right, they have no control over those rates. It may be hard to find an Acura dealership that’ll offer in-house financing where they technically can set the rate, but I wouldn’t expect it to be better than most bank rates—dealership financing is more commonly offered for folks with bad credit that’d have a hard time getting financing from traditional lenders. The dealership isn’t in the lending business, so they’re going to expect some pretty nice returns (high interest) to justify taking on that risk.

As for the mandatory add-ons and willingness to negotiate, that’ll vary from dealer to dealer, and sometimes even between salespeople at a given dealership. If they tell you, “This is how it is, if you don’t buy the car with XYZ and this price, the next person will,” they’re probably right. At least for now. So they don’t have much incentive to negotiate.

N4nn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS
That’s the Acura corporate financing program, and he’s right, they have no control over those rates. It may be hard to find an Acura dealership that’ll offer in-house financing where they technically can set the rate, but I wouldn’t expect it to be better than most bank rates—dealership financing is more commonly offered for folks with bad credit that’d have a hard time getting financing from traditional lenders. The dealership isn’t in the lending business, so they’re going to expect some pretty nice returns (high interest) to justify taking on that risk.

As for the mandatory add-ons and willingness to negotiate, that’ll vary from dealer to dealer, and sometimes even between salespeople at a given dealership. If they tell you, “This is how it is, if you don’t buy the car with XYZ and this price, the next person will,” they’re probably right. At least for now. So they don’t have much incentive to negotiate.
Ah that makes sense, thanks. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but the bank rates here in Canada aren’t actually that good for any loans compared to what Acura has offered. Although I didn’t check with some local credit unions lol.
Yea it just sucks about the add-ons haha. I figured his hands were kind of tied.

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
Ah that makes sense, thanks. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but the bank rates here in Canada aren’t actually that good for any loans compared to what Acura has offered. Although I didn’t check with some local credit unions lol.
Yea it just sucks about the add-ons haha. I figured his hands were kind of tied.
im in BC and i inquired CU (Coast Capital), they quoted mid-7%s. my credit score is 800+ so bank/CU here sucks. They did say the rate would change once the details of the car is given (i,e, VIN) but still Honda is offering 7.29% on CTR .. OAC.
idk why banks here cant be like US.