• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Canada ordering

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3
I got a couple more dealers asking for color preferences, looks like Acura is taking in orders now. They don't have MSRP to share. They believe the car would be around 60K as well.

Are you guys willing to be forced to take a trade in or pay the ransom in thousands of dollars just to get this?

To anyone may asks., ADM is LEGAL in Canada when they are listed in the "all-in" pricing, except AB and QC I believe. I refer "ADM" as to anything optional above MSRP that you must take with the vehicle. ADM can be in the form of fees, accessories, packages outside of anything that is required like PDI, Freight, and levy.

Last edited:

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
In Quebec, pretty sure the car will end up sitting in a few years… a couple of FK8 sat… I personnally think 60k is too expensive for what this is… I don’t see an added 10k in value vs an FL5.

ChiroCale

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
In Quebec, pretty sure the car will end up sitting in a few years… a couple of FK8 sat… I personnally think 60k is too expensive for what this is… I don’t see an added 10k in value vs an FL5.
I get ya. I think I’d prefer the Type S, but is it 10k better (assuming that’s MSRP) than the awesome FL5? I don’t think it is.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
I get ya. I think I’d prefer the Type S, but is it 10k better (assuming that’s MSRP) than the awesome FL5? I don’t think it is.
Ohh I totally understand that you would prefer the type S… . But they are too close of a car to pay 10k more for one… I understand FL5 are rare and all… but this should not impact MSRP of the type s. For me, I would prefer a 55k price… and if you consider the price gap between a tlx aspec and a type S, or a sport touring civic and a type r… price should be around 10k more than a integra aspec… so… 56k… still steep if you ask me … Also, pretty sure nobody pays msrp for an Integra Aspec… in a year, I only have seen one integra where I live (Quebec city). cant wait to see !!

Last edited:

ChiroCale

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
Ohh I totally understand that you would prefer the type S… . But they are too close of a car to pay 10k more for one… I understand FL5 are rare and all… but this should not impact MSRP of the type s. For me, I would prefer a 55k price… and if you consider the price gap between a tlx aspec and a type S, or a sport touring civic and a type r… price should be around 10k more than a integra aspec… so… 56k… still steep if you ask me … Also, pretty sure nobody pays msrp for an Integra Aspec… in a year, I only have seen one integra where I live (Quebec city). cant wait to see !!
55k (CAN) and I’m in!

Last edited:

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3
55k and I’m in!
That's what I am hoping. My mental calculation of FL5's 53K + 10% Acura branding = $58K is my prediction. That is still within my budget.

I made deposits around town, for those who have not shopped a car for a while... this is to guarantee I can get a preference of my choice since dealers are guaranteed allocations but not preferenced. If you want grey, but the dealer you deal with only has blue allocated, what are you going to do? Since the dealers are like riddlers, I can pick the dealers I want to work with.

With crazy time like this, keep a clear head and know the numbers and willing to walk away is the key. I try to avoid dealers in general and I won't play their games since I don't love this car to a point that I will pay any price.

I am hoping some day the manufacturers would get their ducks (dealers) in a row, the dealers are hurting the brands when they are allowed to take advantage of this artificially inflated economy. I hope the experience with Acura is better than with Honda or Toyota. Car buying now is so unpleasant.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Car buying has never been pleasant but it’s about as bad as it’s ever been right now.

Manufactures artificially limiting inventory to increase prices and revenue per unit.

That plus high cost of borrowing… I’m not sure an ITS is in my future or not. A Spec is so much more than a Civic Si I’d be tempted to get another Si or Prius Prime. If any can be found…

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3
Car buying has never been pleasant but it’s about as bad as it’s ever been right now.

Manufactures artificially limiting inventory to increase prices and revenue per unit.

That plus high cost of borrowing… I’m not sure an ITS is in my future or not. A Spec is so much more than a Civic Si I’d be tempted to get another Si or Prius Prime. If any can be found…
Exactly, it's gotten worse since inventory was tight. I asked Toyota and Honda HQ in the past about their dealers practice. Both basically said dealers are independent business owners and they have no control over how business is conducted and asked me to contact the manager if I have concerns or choose another dealer. I am speechless.

I am also surprised with interests at 7%, people is still buying/leasing. Many people should be priced out of many vehicles when even the economy cars are 30k+.

Then I understand as dealers, as long as it's legal to do, even it's it's morally wrong or socially irresponsible, it's all good since there's always another sucker. As smaller dealerships are being gobbled up by larger dealership chains, it's no different when they are asked to shop around. IMO, this is to a point the government should step in like AB and QC with better consumer laws. I also brought this topic of ADMs etc to CBC, I have not heard back at all.

Heyho69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX
I'm in Calgary and I just placed a $500 deposit yesterday at my local dealer. I was told I was around 8th but they would get back to me to confirm. They did ask my top 3 color choices

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
I'm in Calgary and I just placed a $500 deposit yesterday at my local dealer. I was told I was around 8th but they would get back to me to confirm. They did ask my top 3 color choices
Pretty significant list ! Seems to have quite the interest after all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ElpacoSV

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I got a couple more dealers asking for color preferences, looks like Acura is taking in orders now. They don't have MSRP to share. They believe the car would be around 60K as well.

Are you guys willing to be forced to take a trade in or pay the ransom in thousands of dollars just to get this?

To anyone may asks., ADM is LEGAL in Canada when they are listed in the "all-in" pricing, except AB and QC I believe. I refer "ADM" as to anything optional above MSRP that you must take with the vehicle. ADM can be in the form of fees, accessories, packages outside of anything that is required like PDI, Freight, and levy.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/al...t's called "all,taxes and any financing costs.

If the dealer ask for "add ons" we should report them if you live in a province where law protects the customer.
The law is the law.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
which dealer?

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/all-in-pricing-kia-west-edmonton-1.6733761#:~:text=Alberta has what's called "all,taxes and any financing costs.

If the dealer ask for "add ons" we should report them if you live in a province where law protects the customer.
The law is the law.
It's all lip services, our regulatory entities have little to no power to enforce anything in Canada. That's why Canadians are being gouged with everything from banks, telecom, car buying. I would say anything we have to shop around is because we are gouged by someone.

6k fine to the dealer is a slap on the wrist when 1 of 100 people complain while the other 99 just pay and keep quiet. Many just can't lose their allocations.

The other issue is when you report that dealer chain, you should expect to be banned from that chain in the future. With dealerships are getting exclusive, you have to think hard before burning that bridge.

ADM in car dealerships is pretty engrained in the US, and yet nothing is happening other than Tesla doing direct sales and Ford just "warned" their dealerships. I hope the manufacturers would man-up and say "must sell at MSRP or you lose our licenses" or the government would step in and say like, "you break the rule, your customer get the car for free".

With cars are now on back-ordered rather than sold on the lot, "all-in pricing" doesn't quite apply.