• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Canada ordering

OP
OP
ElpacoSV

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
It's all lip services, our regulatory entities have little to no power to enforce anything in Canada. That's why Canadians are being gouged with everything from banks, telecom, car buying. I would say anything we have to shop around is because we are gouged by someone.

6k fine to the dealer is a slap on the wrist when 1 of 100 people complain while the other 99 just pay and keep quiet. Many just can't lose their allocations.

The other issue is when you report that dealer chain, you should expect to be banned from that chain in the future. With dealerships are getting exclusive, you have to think hard before burning that bridge.

ADM in car dealerships is pretty engrained in the US, and yet nothing is happening other than Tesla doing direct sales and Ford just "warned" their dealerships. I hope the manufacturers would man-up and say "must sell at MSRP or you lose our licenses" or the government would step in and say like, "you break the rule, your customer get the car for free".

With cars are now on back-ordered rather than sold on the lot, "all-in pricing" doesn't quite apply.
I do understand your valid point. If we do not scale up this issues, they will not get resolve and the only way is to get them notice.

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3
I do understand your valid point. If we do not scale up this issues, they will not get resolve and the only way is to get them notice.
CBC and a few other media brought up this issue yet very little has been improved on the macro level. Like many of these article says, the victims either got their refunds or kept the vehicles.

I vote with my money these days and I walk away from shady dealers.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
What I’m seeing/hearing:
- ADM varies per province, not legal here but when I got the Si, mats/trunk tray/mud flaps were already on the BoS. I wanted them so didn’t argue, got them to take a couple hundred off the options though.
- I’m hoping for no surprises on BoS if I happen to get an allocation and will request a copy to be emailed so I’m not caught off guard when I’m at the dealer.
- Dealer has 7 allocations and as they get colors of those allocations confirmed they’ll go down the wait list. Those near the bottom of the list will get whatever colors aren’t taken by those higher up the list.
- Looks like the finance rate is 6.7% iirc but loyalty will drop it down if you’ve had a loan through Honda within 2 years.
- Deposit is $1k.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
What I’m seeing/hearing:
- ADM varies per province, not legal here but when I got the Si, mats/trunk tray/mud flaps were already on the BoS. I wanted them so didn’t argue, got them to take a couple hundred off the options though.
- I’m hoping for no surprises on BoS if I happen to get an allocation and will request a copy to be emailed so I’m not caught off guard when I’m at the dealer.
- Dealer has 7 allocations and as they get colors of those allocations confirmed they’ll go down the wait list. Those near the bottom of the list will get whatever colors aren’t taken by those higher up the list.
- Looks like the finance rate is 6.7% iirc but loyalty will drop it down if you’ve had a loan through Honda within 2 years.
- Deposit is $1k.
How do they know their allocations already? I’ve been messaging my dealer regularly and have been told there is no official news yet.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
How do they know their allocations already? I’ve been messaging my dealer regularly and have been told there is no official news yet.
I’m in the US & one of my dealers said they will be allocated only 5 for the rest of the year. My other dealer is much larger & confirmed they will & always receive the most allocation but did not give a solid number. I think news allocations from Acura began happening between the dealer press conference in Phoenix AZ in the states & Wednesday when he called me. So by this I can only assume that dealers are starting to be notified, slowly but surely.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
I’m in Vancouver, and placed a $1000 deposit down months ago (end of October) and was already ~30th on the list. Since then, I’ve moved up slightly to 20-something since some people have dropped off and gotten their money back. Sales guy (manager?) said people have put deposits down ever since the Integra name was revived. I’m so far down the list, so they won’t take my colour preference yet. I’d probably be okay with any of the colours except Tiger Eye, with white, grey, and blue being my top choices in that order.

Anyway, the wait doesn’t bother me since I’m second on a list for a 2025 Civic Type R. That allocation is far from guaranteed as that smaller dealer may only get 1 or 0 FL5s per year. I’d rather have the amenities of the Type S, but I’m 100% taking the Type R if I get the allocation (both for the rarity and for the lower MSRP). Tough conundrum if my Acura dealer calls me next year informing me it’s my turn for my Type S allocation, but I don’t hear from my Honda dealer yet.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
I’m in Vancouver, and placed a $1000 deposit down months ago (end of October) and was already ~30th on the list. Since then, I’ve moved up slightly to 20-something since some people have dropped off and gotten their money back. Sales guy (manager?) said people have put deposits down ever since the Integra name was revived. I’m so far down the list, so they won’t take my colour preference yet. I’d probably be okay with any of the colours except Tiger Eye, with white, grey, and blue being my top choices in that order.

Anyway, the wait doesn’t bother me since I’m second on a list for a 2025 Civic Type R. That allocation is far from guaranteed as that smaller dealer may only get 1 or 0 FL5s per year. I’d rather have the amenities of the Type S, but I’m 100% taking the Type R if I get the allocation (both for the rarity and for the lower MSRP). Tough conundrum if my Acura dealer calls me next year informing me it’s my turn for my Type S allocation, but I don’t hear from my Honda dealer yet.
30th ??? Really ? Thats some crazy numbers… i’m impressed… guess theres more money in Vancouver than in Quebec …

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
30th ??? Really ? Thats some crazy numbers… i’m impressed… guess theres more money in Vancouver than in Quebec …
As someone who’s definitely NOT part of the uber rich club here: Can confirm that yes there’s a ton of money in Vancouver. Lots of people here who grew up as Type R fanbois and going the Integra Type S route due to the scarcity of the FL5.

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3

I am going to be vague with dealer names here, since I had a bad incident where certain dealer cancelled my preorder when I suggested certain dealers are shady.

Which dealer is it that has 30+ wait? Is it in Burnaby or Vancouver? The one in Vancouver didn't bother to return my email.

The one in Richmond said trade in mandatory and won't disclose any fees and packages until details are out. The rep says he won't not waste time if no trade in.

The one near Surrey said no details until next months, and the one in North Shore said maybe this year.

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3
As someone who’s definitely NOT part of the uber rich club here: Can confirm that yes there’s a ton of money in Vancouver. Lots of people here who grew up as Type R fanbois and going the Integra Type S route due to the scarcity of the FL5.
I am not joking.

As an immagrant since the 90s, people in Vancouver is generally "equity rich". People like myself who works 2 jobs is able to make ends meet with some savings and a manageable mortgage. A 60k car is no where cheap (my car is 30k new) but I enjoy driving and the mechanic, this is the last chance to buy a legendary platform. I can of course buy an Elantra N for much cheaper and more fun but it just doesn't feel the same.

Also, people like myself would see the hot hatch as investment and would depreciate very slowly or even appreciate when people gets sick of digital driving and wants analogue back (Vinyls, CD, cassette).

The niche car market is hot in Vancouver when there are collectors like my friend who make money fixing and flipping used good cars. Not to mention the back orders of Porsche, Porsche won't sell a sport car unless you are loyal and bought many cars... So go figure.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
I am going to be vague with dealer names here, since I had a bad incident where certain dealer cancelled my preorder when I suggested certain dealers are shady.

Which dealer is it that has 30+ wait? Is it in Burnaby or Vancouver? The one in Vancouver didn't bother to return my email.

The one in Richmond said trade in mandatory and won't disclose any fees and packages until details are out. The rep says he won't not waste time if no trade in.

The one near Surrey said no details until next months, and the one in North Shore said maybe this year.
My deposit is at the Vancouver dealer. So far, my sales guy has been friendly and professional, and kept me in the loop. Details are scarce right now, but he’ll inform me as soon as they get their first unit in for me to check it out in person.

No timeline given for my allocation, but considering how far down the list I am, I’m going to need to be patient. Hopefully it doesn’t take 2 whole years though.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
Also, people like myself would see the hot hatch as investment and would depreciate very slowly or even appreciate when people gets sick of digital driving and wants analogue back (Vinyls, CD, cassette).
I hear ya, and I’ve been driving manual cars since the 90s here too. Can’t imagine NOT having a manual car in the stable while I’m still physically capable of driving stick. You’re right, the Type R and Type S are by no means inexpensive given the cost of the living in Vancouver. I’d want to own them for as long as I could, so it’s possible I’d keep my daily beater and keep the mundane commuting mileage off of either the FL5 or DE5.

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3
My deposit is at the Vancouver dealer. So far, my sales guy has been friendly and professional, and kept me in the loop. Details are scarce right now, but he’ll inform me as soon as they get their first unit in for me to check it out in person.

No timeline given for my allocation, but considering how far down the list I am, I’m going to need to be patient. Hopefully it doesn’t take 2 whole years though.
They might as well cancel you or roll you over for 2025. That's the same with FL5, some dealer just over sold and ended up refunding on people. What a waste of time

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
They might as well cancel you or roll you over for 2025. That's the same with FL5, some dealer just over sold and ended up refunding on people. What a waste of time
Yeah I’m not holding my breath for a 2024 model, and even the 2025 seems far fetched unless a bunch of people drop off the list. Backup plan if I don’t get a Type R or Type S might be a new Miata sometime down the road.