• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can I install door logo projectors on base spec Integra?

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra, 240sx
I’m looking to get these fancy door logo projectors but I want to make sure I can install them on the base spec integra. I checked below the driver door and there’s no pre existing light or markings where holes could be drilled to install lights. Has anyone had experience with installing these and know if it’s possible?

gregbutler_20

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Acura Integra, 22 ILX (sold).
AHC has a a video of the whole install on their youtube channel.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'd check with your dealership to make sure the wiring harness is compatible with the Base Integra and that the Base has an open plug connection for the projectors inside the door--I just attempted to install the OEM pattern projectors on my FL5 today and it was a huge hassle because the wiring needs to be spliced in as there's no open plug for install.

In any case, you'll need to drill into the bottom of the plastic door trim once it's removed, but that's by far the easiest part.

OP
OP
Big Duck

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra, 240sx
I'd check with your dealership to make sure the wiring harness is compatible with the Base Integra and that the Base has an open plug connection for the projectors inside the door--I just attempted to install the OEM pattern projectors on my FL5 today and it was a huge hassle because the wiring needs to be spliced in as there's no open plug for install.

In any case, you'll need to drill into the bottom of the plastic door trim once it's removed, but that's by far the easiest part.
Didn’t see this initially but there’s an install manual for the 2024 model, looks like it goes over how to take off the door panel. I might give that a try before biting the bullet to make sure there’s a compatible wiring harness like you said. Also gonna try to find a few videos on the topic so I don’t screw anything up

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
found the install video. Door panel looks a lot easier to take off than I was expecting
Yeah these are very easy to take off, just be gentle about it--get yourself a good panel pry tool, and start along the window (with it down) once you have the window control panel off/disconnected and the set screw removed.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
08V27-3S5-200 Acura Pattern Projector Accessory fits all trim levels 2023 - 2024. Yes, drilling into the door PANEL is part of the install.

-G

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big Duck

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra, 240sx
08V27-3S5-200 Acura Pattern Projector Accessory fits all trim levels 2023 - 2024. Yes, drilling into the door frame is part of the install.

-G
Just to put other at ease, it’s not the door frame but the door panel (the plastic part)

OP
OP
Big Duck

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra, 240sx
finally ordered the parts and installed them today. I followed the video and everything went smoothly. I didn't have to disconnect the battery for this one thankfully.

1703900959371.png