• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Brake System & Parking Sensor Errors

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Even though this is unrelated to my first post, this has somewhat become my experience thread so I will share this here. I posted in the relevant thread yesterday.

With our first weekend above freezing with no precipitation, I decided to detail the car. While doing so, I found a paint chip that was not present prior to my dealer experience. While I could blame the dealer, I fear it would turn into hearsay. The chip had been present long enough to begin rusting. I used the Acura touch up paint I received from the purchasing dealer to prevent further rust following the instructions. After picture doesn't include the clear due to the sun setting and having other responsibilities.

On the bright side, it is in an inconspicuous location and a small chip. This is the same door that would have been used for the tools I found left in the car on the floor after I picked it up the first time. Obviously not happy but I don't think there's anything else I can do without going full Karen.

20230108_164331.jpg

20230108_155315.jpg

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Received a call from Honda of America about 2 days ago regarding my claim. They stated they would expedite the process and make sure this was the final fix.

Received a call from the dealer today wanting my car all day Friday because Honda is sending a field engineer that day to supervise the install of the parts.

Oddly, in the time I've had it back since the last trip, I haven't had the issue appear once.

I'll post an update of what happens later this week when I know more.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
That’s tough man. What if the new parts are bad like we’ve just recently seen and the problem comes back? What if it isn’t really gone?

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
That’s tough man. What if the new parts are bad like we’ve just recently seen and the problem comes back? What if it isn’t really gone?
I've got more questions than answers right now. I'm going to take it in to see if I can at least get some answered.

The problem having gone away for the past month with no work performed other than diagnostics by the field engineer is the most troubling part. Why did it go away? Will it come back after they replace the parts? Why did it take 1600 miles to show up in the first place?

The car has been for the most part great since I've had it back.

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Dropped the car off today. I asked the SA my questions, the only answer he was able to give is they did "a reset" when they were finished with the car at my last visit.

With all these loaners in varying colors and interior trims, I definitely feel that the PWP/ebony is my favorite. I guess I lucked out on color combo.

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
What loaner did you get this time?
23 MDX Aspec.

Blue exterior with red interior.

The pumped in noise sounds similar to the RDX loaners I had. It's clear that this is varied by package. It's not as bass-y trying too hard as the non a-spec mdx was.

Only 1600 miles and 2 phone registered to android auto but it told me there were too many devices registered and I needed to delete one to connect my phone. Pulled up a different list and I was able to delete one of the different devices than those previously listed and connect my phone. Idk if I misread and it just said bluetooth or connected devices or if it glitches. There's a possibility I was not paying attention since this was short notice and I went straight from work.

This dealer seems to only do SUV loaners preferring A-spec. I really wanted to try a TLX but they had this MDX and another MDX this time.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
It's seems backwards the A Spec would have less pumped in sound than the less sporty models. Good observation! Hope you get your car back soon.

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Well I got the car back with a replaced rear bumper harness.

The dealership appears to really want to win me over at this point. Maybe involving Honda corporate scared them. They washed the car, filled its tank and told me not to worry about gassing up the loaner this time.

Until next time. ✌

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
It's seems backwards the A Spec would have less pumped in sound than the less sporty models. Good observation! Hope you get your car back soon.
Best way i can describe the difference is this:
The base MDX noise sounded like it wanted to be a Tahoe. The A-spec sounded like a V6. Both were about the same intensity of sound.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Thanks for the detailed documentation! Lots of us are following your experience.
I currently have a loaner and it is an Integra, Blue over Black. The service writer seemed to say that they had a couple of manuals in the service pool but they were both out. That surprised me. I haven't driven it much, but it is interesting to compare the loaner CVT to my 6MT.

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Thanks for the detailed documentation! Lots of us are following your experience.
I currently have a loaner and it is an Integra, Blue over Black. The service writer seemed to say that they had a couple of manuals in the service pool but they were both out. That surprised me. I haven't driven it much, but it is interesting to compare the loaner CVT to my 6MT.
What's going on with yours?

Hopefully my saga has ended regarding this issue. After getting the car back last month and the issue having not occurred since, I am still fairly sure there was an issue that was corrected at that time off the books and the harness was an additional safeguard. Maybe they damaged it the first time? Who knows, I'm happy to move on.

I also had them look at the rust permeating from the rear center caps while they had it. They stated it was normal, as I had already been 95% sure of. Strange, but it was the first salt the car saw on its new brake rotors.

The AA connectivity is still annoying but that got the could not replicate from the dealer. It seems to be an intermittent across the board issue as the latest MDX did the same thing. Or maybe it's my phone, but I'm less inclined to believe that since others have had the same issue.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Nothing serious like yours, Sean. Imma post once I get a resolution, but it's related to piped in sound.

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Nothing serious like yours, Sean. Imma post once I get a resolution, but it's related to piped in sound.
I definitely want to hear about that! Pumped in sound is 100% new to me with this platform

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
I'd be curious to know any differences outside of the engine and transmission response in the CVT Integra?