• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Brake System & Parking Sensor Errors

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I am starting this thread to document the issues I experienced regarding the brake system and parking sensors. This also to stop high jacking jcombs91's thread.

On 11/21, when backing into my driveway, my car threw 3 errors along with a "brake system" warning light at 1601 miles. Pics of the errors are attached.

The next time I started the car, the errors were gone. About 1/4 mile from my house, while sitting at a stop light, the errors popped up again. At this point I called the dealer and scheduled an appointment for 11/25.

The errors did not occur at all 11/26 nor in my morning commute 11/27. At about 1:00pm 11/27, the errors reappeared. This time, power cycling the car no longer cleared the errors.

I showed up for my scheduled appointment with 1694 miles on the car to my closest dealer. I left the car running with the active warnings and errors to ensure they could see my complaint in its active state. They tried to get me a loaner and send me on my way immediately. I opted to wait 1 hour to see if this was something simple like a software update. I noted the odd behavior I sometimes have with the infotainment system to the service advisor as well citing I believe there is a software issue with the car. (Sometimes will not boot up when the car is started, taking 5-10 minutes before powering on & connectivity issues with Android auto forcing me to factory reset the unit.)

1 hour passed and the service advisor informed me the car was showing that the automatic emergency braking/parking system was not initialized. They tried to initialize the system and the car was not taking their inputs. Essentially the module was bricked.

I waited another 15 minutes because I truly do not want to drive a loaner and would prefer to drive the car I bought. Now, both service advisors that were on staff come to talk to me together stating that there is nothing they can do at the dealership and they need to contact the Acura (Honda?) Engineers to move forward. They also informed me that there were no available engineers until Monday 11/28 due to the holiday weekend.

After this, I got sent home in a 2022 RDX A-Spec loaner. I will update this thread once more information is available to me on what has failed. Hopefully this will help somebody else when this issue affects another car.

Screenshot_20221125-182023_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221125-182018_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221125-182004_Gallery.jpg

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
Interestingly, I got my integra on Monday. Every once and awhile, I get a “low speed braking” unavailable warning. It went away till today, I backed out of my driveway and as I went over the small lip, it triggered a bunch of braking warnings that have now went away…

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Mine never said anything was unavailable besides the parking sensors when I was in reverse. I didn't take a picture of that error but it was always accompanied by the errors in my original post.

Interestingly, I got my integra on Monday. Every once and awhile, I get a “low speed braking” unavailable warning. It went away till today, I backed out of my driveway and as I went over the small lip, it triggered a bunch of braking warnings that have now went away…

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Forgive me for the off-topic rant, but this is my thread so I'm going to do what I want. Disclaimer: I am passionate about vehicles. Do not take my opinions as fact. Caveat: I have realized how much I like my integra now that I don't have it. I was placed in a 2022 RDX A-Spec Tech while Honda tries to determine what failed in my integra (my guess is module failure, time will tell).

After 2 days with this RDX loaner, I can't wait to get my car back.

First of all, the missing features: exterior door handle lighting - how is it that the "entry level" vehicle has this feature but a 48k suv does not?

Remote start? Nope - with the integra this was forgivable being m/t (especially since the a/t version gets it).

Automatic wipers? Not here. But you can get them on the integra! On the RDX you can get a wiper stalk that hasn't changed since 2009! Retro!

Second: the sound - what is that disastrous noise this k20c-whatever is making? It might be the pumped in noise, but wow, the L15 is leaps and bounds above in terms of engine noise. I know the K20 should not sound this bad as I had a K20A3 in the EP3 civic I drove a decade ago.

Third: the TouchPad- what in the actual fuck? Not only should the infotainment be a touch screen or have knobs to navigate in this day in age, but if you decide to use a touch pad, make it work the same as the laptop we have to use at work. The 2018 Sierra I came from before my integra allowed me to use knobs or the touch screen and did not force me to use either. GM is killing you here, Honda.

Fourth: the transmission. I have heard so much hype over these new 10 speeds. I have one question: are you all on drugs? The 10 speed auto has the worst features of an automatic plus the worst features of an automated manual. Shifts are disruptive, due to the low stall converter, takeoffs are low rpm (nvh) followed by immediate shifting. The shifts take way too long for this level of disruptiveness. They remind me of the way my 2018 Sierra (8spd gm - worst rated transmission ever) acted. I am disappointed anybody has anything good to say about this. #savethemanuals. The paddle shifters also have a 0.5s delay so they do not help any of my grievances.

Maybe Acura will fix some of these issues with a new RDX due to the aging platform, but, let's be honest it will probably be an EV (don't get me starred on that subject).

I have not driven Acura's main competition in at least 10 years (German vehicles) so I cannot compare if they have continued along the same disappointing path that they were in at that time, but if they did, I can clearly see how we landed in this depressing automotive world.

Here's to hoping the newly grads that Marysville sends over have enough info on the systems to fix my car ASAP...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lnf

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Good data, I was interested in your thoughts on the RDX. How does the steering/handling seem?

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Good data, I was interested in your thoughts on the RDX. How does the steering/handling seem?
The steering in comfort and normal is too numb. There is no weight to it and no feedback. There is more precision to the steering than, say a full size truck, but it is no better than the wife's '21 Acadia that we got new for 20% less than the MSRP on the RDX. I havent pushed the vehicle because it is a loaner (and at 400 miles - I do have mechanical sympathy even for loaner vehicles) but the handling feels bloated like a full size SUV/truck. I believe the loaner is fwd. I havent crawled under to look for a rear diff but there is no "SH-AWD" badge on the back.

I forgot to touch on the seating position in my rant. I am 6'2 220 and I can not find a comfortable position. The drivers seat does not move far enough back nor low enough. The back bolsters are nice, but the butt bolsters could use some refinement. The "lumbar support" is too much even in the minimum setting. For reference, my 18 sierra let me sit closer to the floor than the RDX does and that truck had more space to move back. The bolsters in the integra are actually spaced wider than those in the RDX. Positive for the seats in the RDX - the "auto" heat/cool function is really nice. No messing with heat or cool, it hits the right target every time.

I also missed another point in my rant. The exhaust tips. Why are these things so massive? I could stuff a baseball in those things and exhaust could still escape around it.

As I added to the disclaimer in my rant, I am very opinionated about vehicles; I am not trying to be overly negative, but critical of what I am not a fan of.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mine never said anything was unavailable besides the parking sensors when I was in reverse. I didn't take a picture of that error but it was always accompanied by the errors in my original post.
2C91FFE3-6EF4-433E-881C-2D7B277CD3D5.jpeg

4406DFC0-53B2-4C13-8353-D5D6C2D9B4FF.jpeg

Finally had the ability to capture the errors I get! Dealership is looking into it on Thursday. Fingers crossed… lucky you got a loaner, they said it would be a month till I got a loaner.

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
2C91FFE3-6EF4-433E-881C-2D7B277CD3D5.jpeg

4406DFC0-53B2-4C13-8353-D5D6C2D9B4FF.jpeg

Finally had the ability to capture the errors I get! Dealership is looking into it on Thursday. Fingers crossed… lucky you got a loaner, they said it would be a month till I got a loaner.

Definitely different from mine. I didn't have any SONAR warnings.

Funny you mention the loaner. I didn't request one. As soon as I showed up they were throwing the paperwork at me for one. Maybe they're hoping to offload some RDX? They had 2 ready to go in service when I showed up.

INTEGRA UPDATE TIME:
Dealer communication leaves some customer service to be desired, but what else is new?

I called the dealer 4 times throughout the day and finally got a person at about 4pm.

Engineering first suggested replacing the brake control module. This was done and did not fix the issue. Now they are tracing wiring (again, they did this on Friday they said) at the direction of engineering. They stated I should receive a call tomorrow with an update. (I will be calling again tomorrow.)

RDX update:
I find myself hating it less day by day. The soul crushing monotony of the drive seems to be fading.

Actually had to dig into the throttle to merge today and on boost its got some go to it.

This thing has a boost gauge (sort of) it shows a little sphere next to the word "TURBO" in "Sport mode gauge." It shows purple for vacuum and red for boost. Not really a boost gauge but it is better than the nothing they put in the Integra.

Last edited:
OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Just got off the phone with the dealer. We are now waiting for a "parking sensor control unit" to arrive in 2-3 days. No commitment from the dealer on if that would actually fix the car or not, just that they "believe that to be the fix."

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
RDX update:

While driving home from work the infotainment screen left the chat. Music kept playing with no screen. Power cycling the vehicle brought it back. Really getting concerned with Acura electronics now...

20221129_170011.jpg

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Oh boy! That model has been out for 4 years now - no excuse for something like that to happen.

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Oh boy! That model has been out for 4 years now - no excuse for something like that to happen.
Im beginning to wonder if I'm radioative or giving off ionizing radiation with how these newer electronics act around me.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am starting this thread to document the issues I experienced regarding the brake system and parking sensors. This also to stop high jacking jcombs91's thread.

On 11/21, when backing into my driveway, my car threw 3 errors along with a "brake system" warning light at 1601 miles. Pics of the errors are attached.

The next time I started the car, the errors were gone. About 1/4 mile from my house, while sitting at a stop light, the errors popped up again. At this point I called the dealer and scheduled an appointment for 11/25.

The errors did not occur at all 11/26 nor in my morning commute 11/27. At about 1:00pm 11/27, the errors reappeared. This time, power cycling the car no longer cleared the errors.

I showed up for my scheduled appointment with 1694 miles on the car to my closest dealer. I left the car running with the active warnings and errors to ensure they could see my complaint in its active state. They tried to get me a loaner and send me on my way immediately. I opted to wait 1 hour to see if this was something simple like a software update. I noted the odd behavior I sometimes have with the infotainment system to the service advisor as well citing I believe there is a software issue with the car. (Sometimes will not boot up when the car is started, taking 5-10 minutes before powering on & connectivity issues with Android auto forcing me to factory reset the unit.)

1 hour passed and the service advisor informed me the car was showing that the automatic emergency braking/parking system was not initialized. They tried to initialize the system and the car was not taking their inputs. Essentially the module was bricked.

I waited another 15 minutes because I truly do not want to drive a loaner and would prefer to drive the car I bought. Now, both service advisors that were on staff come to talk to me together stating that there is nothing they can do at the dealership and they need to contact the Acura (Honda?) Engineers to move forward. They also informed me that there were no available engineers until Monday 11/28 due to the holiday weekend.

After this, I got sent home in a 2022 RDX A-Spec loaner. I will update this thread once more information is available to me on what has failed. Hopefully this will help somebody else when this issue affects another car.

Screenshot_20221125-182023_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221125-182018_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221125-182004_Gallery.jpg
While driving through an intersection today my car gave the exact same errors as your's. :headbang: Power cycle "fixed" the error.

The dealer gets the car tomorrow. They have been top notch since the purchase, so hopefully I can get good service. You're not alone!

God save our Integras

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
While driving through an intersection today my car gave the exact same errors as your's. :headbang: Power cycle "fixed" the error.

The dealer gets the car tomorrow. They have been top notch since the purchase, so hopefully I can get good service. You're not alone!

God save our Integras
Hopefully your dealer knows more than mine. It appears as though my situation is the first being fed back to Acura at the moment. New brake control module. No Bueno. New parking sensor control module? We'll see the results before the weekend!

They don't know the problem and are throwing modules at my car currently. I get it, but at the same time if they spent the time/money doing a root cause analysis they could improve their product faster. Unfortunately, suits don't seem to understand this and here we are.