• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Brake System & Parking Sensor Errors

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
Hopefully your dealer knows more than mine. It appears as though my situation is the first being fed back to Acura at the moment. New brake control module. No Bueno. New parking sensor control module? We'll see the results before the weekend!

They don't know the problem and are throwing modules at my car currently. I get it, but at the same time if they spent the time/money doing a root cause analysis they could improve their product faster. Unfortunately, suits don't seem to understand this and here we are.
I mean, honestly and hopefully it's the parking sensor control module. As random parking sensors throw this code.

This was the first code to be thrown in my car till all the errors came.

1669862528691.png

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Hopefully it's the same for both of us. I'll at least have some info soon as they said the module was 2-3 days for me. Being SW Ohio I'm assuming I'm on the low end for parts receipt with the Marysville plant.

Reactions: lnf

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hopefully it's the same for both of us. I'll at least have some info soon as they said the module was 2-3 days for me. Being SW Ohio I'm assuming I'm on the low end for parts receipt with the Marysville plant.

Dropped off the car this morning. They're thinking it is a faulty parking sensor that is causing these issues with the brake system. They're going to try disabling the parking sensors and seeing if that fixes the issue.

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Dropped off the car this morning. They're thinking it is a faulty parking sensor that is causing these issues with the brake system. They're going to try disabling the parking sensors and seeing if that fixes the issue.
Sounds like a simple fix if that's all it is. Pray they have the parts in stock though!

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sounds like a simple fix if that's all it is. Pray they have the parts in stock though!
3-4 days for the part… we shall see! Sounds like we are racing to the finish hopefully…

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Did they say what part was defective on yours?
3-4 days for the part… we shall see! Sounds like we are racing to the finish hopefully…

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
The annoyed service person I talked to today said my car should be done by lunch tomorrow. They'll continue to be annoyed.

Times they've called to update me: 0
Times I've called them(and spoken to somebody): 4
Total days at dealer: 7

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Got the car back today. Notes indicate they replaced the parking sensor control unit.

There are no notes on what else they did, however I can tell something was done software wise as everything was reset. "Trip A" had 152 miles on it with "11.1mpg" and "41 minutes"

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got the car back today. Notes indicate they replaced the parking sensor control unit.

There are no notes on what else they did, however I can tell something was done software wise as everything was reset. "Trip A" had 152 miles on it with "11.1mpg" and "41 minutes"
Fingers crossed this is the last of your issues…

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Final notes after my week with the RDX. The 280lb-ft torque was quite noticeable on on-ramps with significant torque steer (especially short inner city uphill ramps). It was satisfyingly easy to exceed the speed limit before hitting the end of any on-ramp without wringing it out. Swapping back to the integra, even with the reduction in weight, there is noticeably less torque.

An ITS even with the IHI charged K20C4 (272hp/280tq) would be so much fun. I wish I could justify the purchase once the ITS is released but I never would be able to do that unless somehow car prices significantly drop.