• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Brake System & Parking Sensor Errors

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
As everyone can probably assume, after 21 hours home, my integra was back to errors. It got dropped back off at the dealer today at about 12pm. The loaner I got this time was a SHAWD RDX that is very dirty. The inside bothers me with all the fingerprints and scratches to the point that I will likely clean it myself. My previous post shows a potential software issue with this loaner as well which would mark 3/3 modern honda/acura products ive driven with software problems. At least this one doesn't have the door light issue the previous one had that I didn't bother to detail here.

At this point I am extremely disappointed in Acura/Honda products as well as how these could come to market without the proper R&D.

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Spoke to the once again annoyed sounding service advisor today who could not answer a single question I had without deflecting.

Basics of what I know: they believe it wasn't the module the first time and is being triggered by something else. Honda engineering doesn't have an answer and may be sending a field boy out to look at the problem child.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Is it lemon time?

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Is it lemon time?
I have a feeling that's what they are trying to avoid. We are at repair attempt 2 of 3 before qualifying as a lemon and at day 11 of 30.

CB750 rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 06 Five-Hundred, 2011 Express
I have a feeling that's what they are trying to avoid. We are at repair attempt 2 of 3 before qualifying as a lemon and at day 11 of 30.
What a pain! It really sucks to spend so much on a vehicle and not be able to enjoy it.

I hope the engineer can run down the issue for you. I wonder if it's hardware or software?

Thanks for sharing the bad and the good of the different vehicles!

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
What a pain! It really sucks to spend so much on a vehicle and not be able to enjoy it.

I hope the engineer can run down the issue for you. I wonder if it's hardware or software?

Thanks for sharing the bad and the good of the different vehicles!
It's software. After my conversation with the dealer today, they reached the same conclusion I was at so I unleashed all the issues I had experienced with the software that I had previously kept to myself. I did not want them searching through it to prevent the "repair" time but we are both mutually understanding at this point that either it gets fixed and I'm driving this stinky rdx during said repair or I am going to start the lemon process shall we meet that window. Unfortunately, I bought the car in Indiana so there is quite a lot left that the dealer can do before I have the right to start the process.

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Since I bought the car in indiana:

We are at 7 of 30 business days and 2 of 4 repair attempts within 18mo/18k of purchase.

Why do we not have standardized federal lemon laws? Lobbyists maybe?

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Well it appears that the dealer didn't listen to a word I said. Called me today to let me know they believe something is going on with the rear bumper parking sensors causing the software to freak out.

I do not have the access to the tools they do regarding this but I do have experience programming servos and plcs in a manufacturing environment and do know that an improperly set parameter or even a single line of code with a typo will wreak havoc. A sensor issue will only affect one area..

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Still saying they think it's a sensor but want more time to diag. Not getting my car back this weekend.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
My brake issues have not came back in over two weeks… don’t know if it’s just luck or software update fixed it?

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
My brake issues have not came back in over two weeks… don’t know if it’s just luck or software update fixed it?
Did they software update yours??

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
Did they software update yours??
They possibly could have, although they diagnosed my car with a “faulty left parking brake sensor”. They didn’t say whether they did a software update or not.

I am leaving the car with them to fix the sensor and diagnose a rattle (think it’s the wastegate), on the 20th as I travel!

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
The dealer is back to not knowing what is going on and we are now waiting for a field engineer to arrive to look at the car. Dealer also noted Acura may want to take my car to the HPD center for further diagnostics...if it comes to that point they'll be buying it back.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Wow. I kind of hope that happens. Not only do they need to fully diag this car to prevent future issues, but I doubt you’ll ever be fully confident with it after the issues you’ve seen. The opportunity to buy a fresh one sounds ideal.

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Wow. I kind of hope that happens. Not only do they need to fully diag this car to prevent future issues, but I doubt you’ll ever be fully confident with it after the issues you’ve seen. The opportunity to buy a fresh one sounds ideal.
I fear my previous post may have been a little misleading. They haven't stated they would buy the car back. Those were my words.

I really don't want to go down that path because I truly enjoyed driving the car in the time I did and if we do end up in a buy back situation I won't be getting another Integra because I won't trust it. I'll probably go get the nowhere near as fun mazda 3 m/t and wonder what could have been in an alternate universe.

If it's in Acura's care for another 17 business days, the process will more than likely get started...