• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Boost Pressure

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Out of curiosity, I plugged in an OBDII reader I had to see what boost pressure the engine made after reading from other users, it was lower than the advertised maximum.

The reader reads the MAP sensor value. I saw a maximum of 7psi at partial throttle and 5psi at WOT in 2nd and 3rd gear in both "normal" and "sport." I verified the map value with the reader as the absolute value (uncorrected) never went past 20PSI at WOT.

I contacted the reader manufacturer (never had an issue in the past; had a mini Cooper s that ran 17psi that read correct on the same device verified by a mechanical gauge) and they stated it is simply reading the map signal.

Am I missing something? Or has my new integra had a boost leak since purchase that my butt dyno somehow missed?

OP
OP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Thanks for the response, KTuner. Makes sense how tunes can raise torque +20% with marginally increasing peak boost.