• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Big brake upgrade

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Hey, brand new Integra owner. Liquid carbon with red interior. And looking at the Wilwood front brake upgrade.

Is there a cheaper option? What options are there for rear calipers as Wilwood only has a front option?

I love the color combo, but ascetically i feel like the calipers need a change. Wilwood offers a brake kit at about 2k USD but only for the front. Im only using the car for street use, so im curious as to everyones thoughts. Im not a fan of painted stock calipers.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

flyinglumpia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Aspec 6mt
Well, it looks like the options are 27won, Wilwood, Spoon and a piece together brembo using a caliper from a Genesis with Nissan 7 passenger Rouge rotor or DC5R with a s2k rotor. Unless you can get a company like R1 concept build one. I know Dia's has stoptech but that will be over 2k. One other thing, the CTR and Type have stock rear calipers.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Car(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
Bumping an old thread, anyone running the 27won bbk, what are you thoughts or reviews on it?? Thinking about giving it a shot on the daily , I am worried if it would clear my stock wheels. My new wheels are 8 months eta and I’m thinking about getting a bbk while I wait. If anyone is running a bbk with oem stock Aspec wheels and could post photos . Thanks

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just an update , I am running the 27won BBK with 20Mm spacers and everything fit perfect. I’m only posting this if future people that may want to rock a bbk with oem wheels.

IMG_7284.jpeg

IMG_7287.jpeg

tomoose

First Name
tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 acura integra
Just an update , I am running the 27won BBK with 20Mm spacers and everything fit perfect. I’m only posting this if future people that may want to rock a bbk with oem wheels.

IMG_7284.jpeg

IMG_7287.jpeg
looks so good, did you need spacers for the new breaks? is that what you meant when you said you’re worried about it clearing the stock wheels? looking to do something like this for mine just unsure

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
looks so good, did you need spacers for the new breaks? is that what you meant when you said you’re worried about it clearing the stock wheels? looking to do something like this for mine just unsure
Yes you’ll need the spacers, I have 20mm spacers in the front, with out it the bbk will not clear.

tomoose

First Name
tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 acura integra
Yes you’ll need the spacers, I have 20mm spacers in the front, with out it the bbk will not clear.
okay thanks for that, i was thinking about getting different rims and tires in the spring will the spacer size have to be different depending on the rim?

Brenster2223

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 BNP Civic Touring, 2024 Integra
Anyone try the DC5 Creations BBK? I'm about to give it a shot, looks like it would fit perfectly considering the integra shares the same platform as the 11th gen SI.

Taking delivery of an A-spec Tech at the end of the month, hoping it'l bolt right up no prob.

Edit:

BBK I'm referring to: https://www.dc5creations.com/products/big-brake-kit

Last edited:

1.5L_Enthusiast_DE4

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Anyone try the DC5 Creations BBK? I'm about to give it a shot, looks like it would fit perfectly considering the integra shares the same platform as the 11th gen SI.

Taking delivery of an A-spec Tech at the end of the month, hoping it'l bolt right up no prob.

Edit:

BBK I'm referring to: https://www.dc5creations.com/products/big-brake-kit
Any update on fitment? I’m also considering the upgrade for hpde events

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Hey, brand new Integra owner. Liquid carbon with red interior. And looking at the Wilwood front brake upgrade.

Is there a cheaper option? What options are there for rear calipers as Wilwood only has a front option?

I love the color combo, but ascetically i feel like the calipers need a change. Wilwood offers a brake kit at about 2k USD but only for the front. Im only using the car for street use, so im curious as to everyones thoughts. Im not a fan of painted stock calipers.
Just to be clear, what is the point of the BBK for you? By the sounds of it, it's mainly aesthetics since as you say, your not tracking it.

If it's only for looks, have at it. People put money into their cars to make it look the way they want and if that's the case, find a system you love and get them but otherwise it's a gigantic waste of money. Stock brakes are more than enough to lock up tires and engage ABS, a BBK won't really help you stop faster.

What it does do is combat heat soak of repeated hard braking but how many back to back emergency stops will you do on the road? If you want to squeak out a shorter stopping distance on the road, get better tires and that upgrade will be the best bang for the buck.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
That's good advice. Even at the track the brakes are like the last thing holding our platform back. Tires, brake pads, fluid, suspension, and driver training make all the difference. However, I agree with the looks thing. If it makes you smile and you can afford it, enjoy!