Sponsored


Best (for a DYI'er) Scan Tool For 2024 Acura Integra Type S

First Name
MP
Joined
Jun 29, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Location
Massachusetts
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S
Hi All,
I'm looking to replace my rear brakes on my 2024 ITS...and need a scan tool to retract the emergency brakes.
Which one should I get?
TIA
MP-In-The-Wind
Sponsored

 

akoza

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
283
Reaction score
205
Location
Illinois
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I second this. Autel AP200. The setup is a little confusing the first time you use it. You have to download the MaxiAP200 app, which makes you download a second app specifically for Asian vehicles. Then if I remember correctly, there's no Integra option so you either have to choose Civic or one of the other Acuras like the TLX (I'm sure someone can chime in here with the correct answer). But I had no issues retracting and re-setting my parking brake with it when replacing the rear brakes.
 

acurax

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
266
Reaction score
94
Location
USA
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
I have a TopDon RLink J2534, which is a little more costly ~$230-$270, but still not as much as some other options. Setup was easy on an older laptop that doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run Windows 11, but I installed Windows 11 anyway, and it works with iHDS.
 

DK 24LC ITS

Member
First Name
Doug
Joined
Apr 15, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
20
Reaction score
9
Location
NY
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Also, you don't. There are two different methods to wind them gently in manually. Not discouraging the scanner route, just saying it's a nice to have, not a need.
 

Sponsored

Dvs1270

Senior Member
First Name
Jeffery
Joined
Sep 23, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
72
Reaction score
79
Location
Midland, Ga
Car(s)
2025 Integra Type 2, 2025 BMW X30 X-drive
Autel, but I have other cars. I splurged a little on a MK900BT.
 

acurax

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
266
Reaction score
94
Location
USA
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Also, you don't. There are two different methods to wind them gently in manually. Not discouraging the scanner route, just saying it's a nice to have, not a need.
If you go this route, you should get the gear motor service kit (43012-TBA-A01) since it's inexpensive and convenient while you have the motor removed to wind them back. Unfortunately, I don't see directions on AllData like I followed for my TLX years ago, but you will need an allen wrench for the screws that hold the motor to the caliper and properly sized torx bit, unless they've changed that, and as you turn it you will want to watch to ensure it is retracting, if not just switch direction until it is fully retracted. On reassembly, I recommend some lubricant on the O-ring, but I would check with Acura regarding what they may recommend since I don't recall what I used. You could wind them back out once you have the pads reinstalled, but if it works like my TLX that was unnecessary as the system adjusted everything on the first application of the parking brake and any warning indicator passed after cycling application of the parking brake.
 

boosted_canoe

Senior Member
Joined
May 3, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
131
Reaction score
46
Location
NC
Car(s)
'23 Civic Si
i wouldn't say it's the best, but if you want cheap, get the Xtool Anyscan A30M. best bidirectional scan tool I could find under $200. Does everything I need it to, including rear brakes.
 
 





Top