• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Autocross megathread

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
I did 3 runs with the VSA half off because it was cold and I thought it could help with traction. First run with it fully off I ran nearly 1.5 seconds faster. Even in colder temps (50-55) it's better to run with it turned off completely.

I ran into a set of FL5 take-offs on Facebook marketplace. I can't seem to find any good 200tw options for the 19" unless I go to 305/30. Anyone running a tire this wide on a factory offset?
Agreed, I had the same experience in the rain, pedal dance might not always be faster, but it was never slower.

People have fit 305s,, but you can't mount 305s to a 9.5" rim, 285 is max and even then most places prefer sticking to 275 if on track. Why not run the RT660s? 275/30/19. Otherwise, you have more options if you step up to 35s but that's likely going to hurt times on auto-X.

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
04 4Runner V8 Limited, 24 Integra Type S
Agreed, I had the same experience in the rain, pedal dance might not always be faster, but it was never slower.

People have fit 305s,, but you can't mount 305s to a 9.5" rim, 285 is max and even then most places prefer sticking to 275 if on track. Why not run the RT660s? 275/30/19. Otherwise, you have more options if you step up to 35s but that's likely going to hurt times on auto-X.

I looked at the RT660s but trying to stay away from spending $400/tire. You can get the Khumo V730 for $250/ish in 275/35 r18. I'm with you on 35 series in 19"s, too tall.

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I looked at the RT660s but trying to stay away from spending $400/tire. You can get the Khumo V730 for $250/ish in 275/35 r18. I'm with you on 35 series in 19"s, too tall.
Yeah- beggars literally can't be choosers lol. It's not entirely fair to say "there aren't any options", when you have the qualifier "below $400".

200 TW tires are expensive, except for the Kumhos- but they're out there. Cup2s are the only ones that come in factory sizes but thems the breaks. RT660s are cheaper than cup2s and you should be fine with 275s on the OEM wheels. Those are your options. Unless you want to go 18s, which- I can't see any reason not to unless you're like me and just visually like 19s more on this car. If I had a Civic I'd drop down to 18s but I don't like how they look on this car... plenty more options with 18s.

305s are overkill unless you're competing for a title IMO.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You're best bet, assuming you are staying in BS is to step down to a 18X9.5 rim with OEM offset +/- 7mm. You will have far more options on tires and likely be faster. Otherwise the Falkens are the only competitive option for 19s IMO. I really want the RE71s but it's not to be :(

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto

We've had problems with the 660 de-laminating on our race car. Apparently it's a general issue, per the Tire Rack advisor. I went with the 615s for my partner's track car, better safe than sorry.

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Toyo R888 is a great, grippy tire, and available in size. It miserable as a street tire, quite noisy, but it sticks. It needs a little heat in it, so maybe not ideal for auto-x, maybe better for track days. I tried to get them for my partner, but it seems they deleted the size for her fronts. So I got the 615s.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Toyo R888 is a great, grippy tire, and available in size. It miserable as a street tire, quite noisy, but it sticks. It needs a little heat in it, so maybe not ideal for auto-x, maybe better for track days. I tried to get them for my partner, but it seems they deleted the size for her fronts. So I got the 615s.
Can not run anything below 200TW for street classes with SCCA so those are a no go. Also, as you stated, most of those tires won't get hot enough for street/Auto-X use.

With regards to the RT660, I have seen that quite a bit, mostly on track use though. Having them heat cycled first seems to help a lot. Know a few folks that went to Nationals on them without issues, but is a consideration for sure thanks for bringing it up.

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can not run anything below 200TW for street classes with SCCA so those are a no go. Also, as you stated, most of those tires won't get hot enough for street/Auto-X use.

With regards to the RT660, I have seen that quite a bit, mostly on track use though. Having them heat cycled first seems to help a lot. Know a few folks that went to Nationals on them without issues, but is a consideration for sure thanks for bringing it up.
Yeah, you gotta pick your poison, but we've lost two. It's a bigger issue with higher torque cars, but I think the ITS qualifies.

I think Cups. Do it and don't look back.

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You're best bet, assuming you are staying in BS is to step down to a 18X9.5 rim with OEM offset +/- 7mm. You will have far more options on tires and likely be faster. Otherwise the Falkens are the only competitive option for 19s IMO. I really want the RE71s but it's not to be :(
Yeah, you gotta pick your poison, but we've lost two. It's a bigger issue with higher torque cars, but I think the ITS qualifies.

I think Cups. Do it and don't look back.
Right... what's wrong with Cup2s? They're not available in 275? Would 265 vs 275 REALLY make that much of a difference?

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Right... what's wrong with Cup2s? They're not available in 275? Would 265 vs 275 REALLY make that much of a difference?
You can run the Honda specific 265 Cup 2s since they are 240TW, but most Cup 2s will push you out of street class (180TW). Issue with Cup 2s is mostly price, but also they need a good amount of heat, so they aren't super competitive for Auto-X and shouldn't be a good match for street use if you like keeping your license. Great track tires though.

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can run the Honda specific 265 Cup 2s since they are 240TW, but most Cup 2s will push you out of street class (180TW). Issue with Cup 2s is mostly price, but also they need a good amount of heat, so they aren't super competitive for Auto-X and shouldn't be a good match for street use if you like keeping your license. Great track tires though.
You know, I've heard similar reports... but they're also OEM tires on many cars. I've heard they're not the greatest street tire but figured they'd make for a tolerable summer tire and double as helping squeeze a few more tenths (or seconds...) out in autocross. I do need to be able to confidently drive on them in the rain though. I didn't think the Honda versions were all that much different. I guess I need to do more research... although I'm really not all that worried about maintaining street class because I just ordered a set of Apex VS5RS that are in +45 anyway. I'll be using my OEM PS4S until they're toast this season, and probably revisit everything again over the fall/winter for next season.

I wasn't really planning on going up to 275 but maybe I'll give those Falkens another look.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You know, I've heard similar reports... but they're also OEM tires on many cars. I've heard they're not the greatest street tire but figured they'd make for a tolerable summer tire and double as helping squeeze a few more tenths (or seconds...) out in autocross. I do need to be able to confidently drive on them in the rain though. I didn't think the Honda versions were all that much different. I guess I need to do more research... although I'm really not all that worried about maintaining street class because I just ordered a set of Apex VS5RS that are in +45 anyway. I'll be using my OEM PS4S until they're toast this season, and probably revisit everything again over the fall/winter for next season.

I wasn't really planning on going up to 275 but maybe I'll give those Falkens another look.
Haha, I am running the same, have fun in STU!

Cup 2 heat is a real problem but it's relative. It's still going to perform better than our stock tires on a dry Auto-X, it just won't perform as well as multiple other tires. I have heard mixed reviews on the street, some say it needs a lot of heat, some say you can get them hot enough with some backroad fun. Part of it is that not all Cup 2s are the same, just like our OEM tires are not standard P4Ss. In fact, I assumed the Cup 2s weren't allowed as they are 180, till I checked the 265s and realized they do make a 240TW specific for the FL5. Supposedly both sets are engineered for FWD as well with harder compounds, which would explain the move to 240 over 180.

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have not driven the Cup2, but the original Cups are awesome wet or dry, as long as there's no standing water. I used them as my track tires until I switched to Hoosiers.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Maybe not an upgrade over the PS4S, but so far I'm very happy with the 275/30 Conti Extreme contact 02's. Little bit more sidewall, little bit wider, 340 TW, but maybe don't need as much heat as the cup 2's? It's an option if you want 275's without going 35 sidewall.

Gernett

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 MDX SHAWD Tech,2024 Integra Type S PRP
I have a PRL HVI other wise stock, does that make my car out of street class?