• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

APR Carbon Fiber Ideas

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I was inquiring with APR to see if they have anything in the works & they confirmed they have a model on possession they are working on.

They also asked if there's any products we have in mind they should consider designing. Cool!

Besides what's out there for the FK8/FL5 - are there any other suggestions?

OP
OP
bpebler

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Really want some carbon fiber dash trim to replace that weird textured grey trim we have.

I'm guessing they're looking for aero ideas, though?
They didn't really specify. They also have some under hood components as well. So I don't think they would totally rule out the idea of interior. I'm 100% on board with that idea anyway. 😄 I just have the Synth Carbon stuff for now but would prefer actual cured CF.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
They didn't really specify. They also have some under hood components as well. So I don't think they would totally rule out the idea of interior. I'm 100% on board with that idea anyway. 😄 I just have the Synth Carbon stuff for now but would prefer actual cured CF.
I would go with the Synth stuff if they had a dash solution, like they do for the Civic. But, I'd prefer cured CF, too. Center console / dash trim would be great.

OP
OP
bpebler

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I would go with the Synth stuff if they had a dash solution, like they do for the Civic. But, I'd prefer cured CF, too. Center console / dash trim would be great.
I agree. Also, I appreciate your photos of the wooden ramps you made. We have a detached multi function shop, but it's mainly used for that and other little knickknacks, so I'm excited to use some scrap stuff and I have to pay for anything. 😄

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Oh.. I know the crabon fiber pieces under the hood are $$ . But if they do interior pieces I would be interested

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Really want some carbon fiber dash trim to replace that weird textured grey trim we have.

I'm guessing they're looking for aero ideas, though?
to me that’s the best trim in the car. Wish they put that trim on the shifter console instead of piano black. Grey trim feels nice, no fingerprints and little maintenance

OP
OP
bpebler

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
In addition, the shifter bezel is the only thing blinding me that needs a remedy.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
to me that’s the best trim in the car. Wish they put that trim on the shifter console instead of piano black. Grey trim feels nice, no fingerprints and little maintenance
I don't dislike it, but personally, I'd want it CF if I'm doing the center console, etc. in CF -- just to tie it together. In general, I wish they chose fewer total different textures for the cabin. Between the finish on the dash trim, the gloss black, the matte black / grey on the switch trims, etc., the textured grey plastic on the doors, and the occasional silver, it's just a little too much for me. I would have kept it more simple.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
I don't dislike it, but personally, I'd want it CF if I'm doing the center console, etc. in CF -- just to tie it together. In general, I wish they chose fewer total different textures for the cabin. Between the finish on the dash trim, the gloss black, the matte black / grey on the switch trims, etc., the textured grey plastic on the doors, and the occasional silver, it's just a little too much for me. I would have kept it more simple.
Totally agree. Been waiting for some CF paneling for the interior upper door area near handles, center console around shifter and for the gray strip that runs the whole dash

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
In addition, the shifter bezel is the only thing blinding me that needs a remedy.
100%. This thing is a huge mistake by Acura. I literally use my right hand to block the blinding reflection I get when the sun hits it. Ridiculous.

1693669158718.png

#20 in the diagram above and look at it's official description by Acura...

"PLATINUM CHROME PLATING"

How did they think that would be a good part to put inside a vehicle from the factory? It amazes me that none of the people involved in the design (which debuted in the 11th gen Civic mind you) thought that putting a highly reflective CHROME garnish wouldn't affect drivers eyesight during daylight hours when the sun is out. Did nobody test drive these cars before the release? Was everyone wearing Ray Bans and ignoring the piercing light? Dumbest thing I've seen so far in this car and I love my Integra...but this....jesus christ, is literally an eye sore.

-G

OP
OP
bpebler

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
100%. This thing is a huge mistake by Acura. I literally use my right hand to block the blinding reflection I get when the sun hits it. Ridiculous.

1693669158718.png

#20 in the diagram above and look at it's official description by Acura...

"PLATINUM CHROME PLATING"

How did they think that would be a good part to put inside a vehicle from the factory? It amazes me that none of the people involved in the design (which debuted in the 11th gen Civic mind you) thought that putting a highly reflective CHROME garnish wouldn't affect drivers eyesight during daylight hours when the sun is out. Did nobody test drive these cars before the release? Was everyone wearing Ray Bans and ignoring the piercing light? Dumbest thing I've seen so far in this car and I love my Integra...but this....jesus christ, is literally an eye sore.

-G
I have to block it with my right hand too. It should have matched the gun metal look on the shift knobs!

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
For sure. The "Geometric Dot Metal" finish on the dash garnish would've blended perfectly for that shifter surround. Sucks Acura didn't realize this and released the cars with this safety hazard.

-G

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I really like the overland Alcantara wrapped shifter console. Does require more maintenance care so maybe I’ll wrap it in brushed metal at some point