• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone been on an autocross track yet?

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Use the pedal dance to remove VSA. It is nice that this is end user defeatable unlike the previous vehicle I had.

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
My first AutoXish driving event in the Integra. Made it out to one of Caffeine & Octane's "downforce battles". Short summary: car did great. Actually mind blowingly good for stock everything.

The full story: Normally would take my Camaro to this kind of thing, but the course looked pretty tight and it was snowing on the day I had planned to awaken the Camaro from it's winter slumber and swap over onto the race tires so I figured I'd see how what the Integra could do. This event is a head-to-head style, so it's just you versus the other car you're on course with - no times. But you can't really pick your opponent as you're in separate lines that you can't see the end of and are both different lengths. Started off winning my first two races against a built Crown Vic and an IS300, then the IS300 came back and got me in the next event(found out later that his first race he had locked up the brakes and had to reverse away from a barrier, definitely would've gone a bit harder if I had known that). Lost to a Cooper JCW on some super 200TWs(duh). Won the rest of my races against a variety of Miatas and BMWs and an S2000, all of which were on summer tires and had various degrees of track prep. Had a particularly entertaining race where I tried to use the "auto brake hold" feature to hold the car on the line while I built up revs for the launch, and then when I did launch it set the parking brake and I came to a stop in a cloud of smoke 20' from the start line... For the record I still beat that track prepped Hyundai Tiburon 🤣. Ended up on the line for my next race, 1 win away from making the shootout. What a blast!

Lessons learned:
-dont use auto brake hold as line lock. It doesn't like it and can set the parking brake on you
-I wouldn't run much below 40psi in an AutoX environment on the stock tires, they will start rolling over
-square tire pressures balance out the handling quite nicely
-1st will blow the stock tires off even with a low RPM launch, so no need for high revs or lots of clutch slipping
-LSD driving characteristics are interesting with VSA off, can get some mad lift-off understeer if you push too hard late in the corners - definitely preferred the "slow in fast out" approach.

vehicle settings:
-sport steering
-sport suspension
-normal engine
-VSA off
-idle stop disabled

20230218151643_IMG_5347.JPG
20230218164506_IMG_5554.JPG

Balefire

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX7
What max camber alignment have you autocross guys got on stock springs/suspension?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
My first AutoXish driving event in the Integra. Made it out to one of Caffeine & Octane's "downforce battles". Short summary: car did great. Actually mind blowingly good for stock everything.

The full story: Normally would take my Camaro to this kind of thing, but the course looked pretty tight and it was snowing on the day I had planned to awaken the Camaro from it's winter slumber and swap over onto the race tires so I figured I'd see how what the Integra could do. This event is a head-to-head style, so it's just you versus the other car you're on course with - no times. But you can't really pick your opponent as you're in separate lines that you can't see the end of and are both different lengths. Started off winning my first two races against a built Crown Vic and an IS300, then the IS300 came back and got me in the next event(found out later that his first race he had locked up the brakes and had to reverse away from a barrier, definitely would've gone a bit harder if I had known that). Lost to a Cooper JCW on some super 200TWs(duh). Won the rest of my races against a variety of Miatas and BMWs and an S2000, all of which were on summer tires and had various degrees of track prep. Had a particularly entertaining race where I tried to use the "auto brake hold" feature to hold the car on the line while I built up revs for the launch, and then when I did launch it set the parking brake and I came to a stop in a cloud of smoke 20' from the start line... For the record I still beat that track prepped Hyundai Tiburon 🤣. Ended up on the line for my next race, 1 win away from making the shootout. What a blast!

Lessons learned:
-dont use auto brake hold as line lock. It doesn't like it and can set the parking brake on you
-I wouldn't run much below 40psi in an AutoX environment on the stock tires, they will start rolling over
-square tire pressures balance out the handling quite nicely
-1st will blow the stock tires off even with a low RPM launch, so no need for high revs or lots of clutch slipping
-LSD driving characteristics are interesting with VSA off, can get some mad lift-off understeer if you push too hard late in the corners - definitely preferred the "slow in fast out" approach.

vehicle settings:
-sport steering
-sport suspension
-normal engine
-VSA off
-idle stop disabled

20230218151643_IMG_5347.JPG
20230218164506_IMG_5554.JPG
Wow. Nice job.
It seems the course you went to has everything played out well. I have never been and only seen videos of cones layer out. It seems confusing where one is supposed to be but this course seems to have better markings.

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
Wow. Nice job.
It seems the course you went to has everything played out well. I have never been and only seen videos of cones layer out. It seems confusing where one is supposed to be but this course seems to have better markings.
Thanks!
Most of the courses I do are just cones, it definitely is hard to follow from the sidelines but I find them much clearer when you're on course.
This Venue had the colored plastic barriers, which definitely improves the clarity; but the trade-off is you really want to stay off the barriers, where with just cones you can get a lot closer (and even smack a few) without risking significant damage to your car.

Balefire

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX7
What max camber alignment have you autocross guys got on stock springs/suspension?
Answered my own question.
Front camber -0.4 and -1.0.
Rear camber -1.3 and -1.7.
Rear not adjustable.

Does Honda make any crash bolts for this car that are scca stock legal?

20230829_185345.jpg

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
I went to an autocross yesterday and oh my god. I am gushing, A) over the experience of going to an autocross for my first time and B) I could not believe how well the Integra performed.

It's an A-Spec Tech, CVT, and it's bone stock. I'll post my typical settings below:

– Sport Mode
– Paddle Shifting in S, frequently between 1st and 2nd, mostly in 2nd.
– Brake Hold for launching (I never came close to stopping until the finish)
– Traction Control "Reduced" (I just held the button and it said "Off")
– A/C off (windows were open, mandatory)

If I had to recall, there were at least a dozen slaloms, three hard 180Âş turns, and four straights were I could max out 2nd gear or get very close to 3rd. I hugged corners very closely. I hit cones a few times, but it was my first time so I didn't really care. Some of the slaloms started wide and narrowed in space towards the end. The Integra was able to keep up and within the spaces really well (I never hit cones in the slaloms). Out of a few hard corners (the 180Âşs), I brought the RPMs up to maybe 7000? I was going off of sound, I didn't often look down. I know I didn't bring it higher though, the engine might've screamed. However high I had it, it sang beautifully. It pulled very hard too. My previous 17" Civic EXT had a tune on it (Phearable), so I have a decent baseline for what quick truly feels like from the 1.5T. Personally, I feel that Sport Mode in the Integra is equal to my Civic+Tune. Eventually, I think a tune on the Integra will add way more torque that I'll have to learn how to control in an autocross setting. For now, it's perfect for me.

He's got 3000 miles from when I drove it off the lot. It handled cornering impressively well. I don't think I ever turned the wheel over fully. I had my hands on 9–3 fairly consistently, after all that's the only way to tell where the paddle shifters are if I needed to shift into or out of a corner. I did not spin out, ever! The stock wheels (18") and tires gripped the old airport runway very well. It did squeal around corners, so I guess that's slipping? (idk I'm still new to this). The back felt planted. I was fully focused on where I wanted to put the entire car just by looking ahead at the next cone. Wherever I pointed the front, the back followed without hesitation.

The end all is that I bought this car because I wanted the performance of an Si with the convenience of a CVT. I had no idea that the car could perform like this as stock. Seriously, I now get it, and I'm sure I'd enjoy driving this car as a manual, but damn it's great as it is. I'm looking forward to my next autocross, and I'll answer any questions anyone has!

Last edited:

LiquidCarbon

First Name
Laing
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech manual 6sp
Answered my own question.
Front camber -0.4 and -1.0.
Rear camber -1.3 and -1.7.
Rear not adjustable.

Does Honda make any crash bolts for this car that are scca stock legal?

20230829_185345.jpg
I don’t believe that camber bolts can be used on the front suspension. There is supposed to be an alignment pin on the top of the strut tower that can be removed, after which you have a degree or two of camber adjustment available. My car is still at the dealer having accessories installed, so I haven’t verified this. Look at the 11th gen Civic sites.