• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ambient Lighting

EasyPickins

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec Tech
I haven’t seen much discussion regarding the LED ambient lighting. Obviously it won’t compare with the likes of the TLX or MDX, but a nice premium touch nonetheless.

That said, one unfortunate missing item seems to be wireless garage door controls.

ED5C8DE8-F50F-4EDC-B0D9-AE015A14428B.png

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I think from what I saw the ambient lighting color can't be changed. Not sure why, but that takes a lot of the "cool" out of it for me.
Agreed, even if it just changed based on driving mode (possibly with a custom setting option for the "individual" mode). White for normal, blue/green for comfort, red for sport mode. Seems like a relatively cheap upgrade to leave out making the lighting able to change colors relative to including it at all. Maybe a reserved upgrade for the Type S?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I agree that it should be customizable. Especially with how cheap LEDs are these days.

But since they can’t and they’re only a whitish blue, I’m glad I’m getting the apex blue with white interior. Ambient lighting has to match imo.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Does the rearview mirror not have the garage buttons? I can't watch Doug DeMuro's review again, I know he didn't mention it specifically, but that might be the only review with a decent shot of the mirror in it. I can't handle another 30 minutes of him.

My wife's Pilot has ambient lighting in some odd places, and I guess it's nice, but I figure one day they'll suddenly go out and by that point I will have become so numb to it that I'll never notice.

EDIT: Just a thought, the car does have Alexa and you can use it to control most garages with a $15 MyQ... but unlike your actual garage door opener, it'll only work ~60% of the time on the first try.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
Does the rearview mirror not have the garage buttons?
Just checked for you. There are no buttons on the mirror at least none that are visible (frameless rearview mirror) the cluster above the mirror also does not have a garage door button.
There are only: Moonroof controls, individual light controls (driver/passenger light), and the overhead light controls.

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
I hope it being one color only is wrong and it actually can change just like how it does in other Acura products.. feel like why include it at all if it's only one color. Not to mention it really wouldn't be much more to change it. Even non-premium car companies now have multi colored ambient lighting

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
I hope it being one color only is wrong and it actually can change just like how it does in other Acura products.. feel like why include it at all if it's only one color. Not to mention it really wouldn't be much more to change it. Even non-premium car companies now have multi colored ambient lighting
I think in one of the reviews it said it changes with the drive modes. Considering that's 3 drive modes plus individual mode there may be only 4 different colors. Still very limited

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
I think in one of the reviews it said it changes with the drive modes. Considering that's 3 drive modes plus individual mode there may be only 4 different colors. Still very limited
Hopefully that is the case, and I assume you can choose your own color with the individual mode. Still, wish it wasn't limited and wish they put some on the dash. Think it is only on the doors right?

memo90061

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E350
Is there an update to this? I noticed it says ambient lighting in the description, but it doesn't have details.

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
The Integra has plentiful white ambient lighting for the front seats, not so much in the rear, and none of it is color adjustable. The only lighting color change is the gauge cluster color change with drive modes - white with normal, blue with comfort, red with sport, adjustable through those 3 options in individual.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Perfect, thank you so much for this. The pics shown look to be from your ITS, which already has the red ambient lighting...correct me if I'm wrong.

-G

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
I saw Blackhawk Japan has fl5 lighting for the door handles and door cup holders, both in red and white. Would be cool to grab the white if compatible with my ASpec. Was this swap done in the ASpec if type-s?