• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adding JL Audio Subwoofer 12" W6v3, and sound stage Tuning properly.

RcLab1

First Name
Integra
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Aspec w/Technology
Hello audiophiles:)

I'm about to get a 2024 Aspec w/Technolgy package (CVT automatic transmission).
It has the upgraded ELS sound system.

I've listened and tinkered around with the ELS sound system for about 1 hr during my test drives. My opinion is that the HIGHS are 'sufficient', its no where comparable to a mid-high end 2 way aftermarket speakers (ie...Morel Hybrid 2 way speakers).

The sound staging is "airy". Its tuned like a home theater system where the sound is all over the cabin.
Properly tuned stereo systems are tuned so (from the driver) the singer seems like its coming from the front dash.

The stock BASS is ok, its sufficient for customers who never had a stock decent stereo on their vehicle.
In my opinion, there is not enough power going through the HIGHS, but it'll do for now, and it needs more BASS that can be adjustable on the fly.

My questions are:
After disconnecting the sound module behind the glove box (ANC module),
I want to add a JL Audio 12" subwoofer (W6v3) in their H.O. box (high out box).
Amp is a Helix 1000amp x1 to power it.
Helix knob conductor to adjust the BASS for certain genre of music.

Do I disconnect the OEM subwoofer in trunk?
Will i lose the sound sport sounds coming from the speakers?
Will i lose the white noise to suppress road noise?

Once the OEM subwoofer in the trunk is disconnected, and the JL Audio 12" subwoofer is connected,
how does one "Tune" the ELS system so that sound stage is set properly?

AmericaFirst

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra
how does one "Tune" the ELS system so that sound stage is set properly?
By using a DSP, this might be up your alley.

I got my car this past weekend, its a base cvt, but I plan on pulling the current system out and starting over.

I'll be going with a dedicated hd player fed digitally into a DSP amplifier. That way I'm not having to wire things

You can sum all the important audio bits to your own personal liking within a dsp.