• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Baseline stock Dyno pulls before adding mods. (had issues)

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
So, I have decided to vlog my Type S build journey and my first video is below.
This video and the upcoming videos are a twofold purpose.
1st. Hoping to get some decent "how to" videos on the parts I am installing.
2nd. Learning how to create content and edit videos primarily to learn as my daughter is getting a Vlog camera for Christmas and wants me to teach her how to make her own channel and content.. :what:

So, While I would like to produce some high-quality content this is a farcry from quality content as I am a NOOB, but I do believe I saw posts about members complaining about not enough content other than just reviews.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
What was your fuel level when on the dyno? What you're describing sounds like what others have faced with fuel starvation. Still strange though... yes I'll agree that VSA shouldn't have to be disabled on a dyno, and I wouldn't think that fuel starvation would be an issue... but that dyno isn't level, is it? The fact that it all went away with a fill up may be relevant too... you may still need to get it into the dealer to clear codes. Does it have the "pops and burbles" in sport+? At least one other user has reported these issues even after lights and warnings on the dash have gone out, and it took a trip to the dealer to fully resolve.

Other than that, good stuff, keep doing your thing if you enjoy it! This part though is a little scary though-

my daughter is getting a Vlog camera for Christmas and wants me to teach her how to make her own channel and content.. :what:
Sometimes I'm reminded why I'm glad I have boys...

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What was your fuel level when on the dyno?
fuel was 3 quarters full, so it was not a fuel issue.

I have not been able to reproduce the issue with the VSA off the dyno. it appears that some cars have ECU issues when on a dyno as the ECU starts throwing codes because front wheels are moving while rear wheels are not. goes in line with the symptoms as the parking brake would not engage until the codes cleared up.
Apparently in a Jaguar there are specific fuses you have to pull to even run the Jag on a dyno.
AHC didnt mention anything about codes in their phearable tune vid.
I know some other members have had their cars on the dyno so curious their experience.
@Trajectory009

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
2nd. Learning how to create content and edit videos primarily to learn as my daughter is getting a Vlog camera for Christmas and wants me to teach her how to make her own channel and content.. :what:

So, While I would like to produce some high-quality content this is a farcry from quality content as I am a NOOB, but I do believe I saw posts about members complaining about not enough content other than just reviews.

Just say no to the kid. That's what i did.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX

This is exciting and the fun journey of a performance vehicle. Excited to see your updates

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

I have not been able to reproduce the issue with the VSA off the dyno. it appears that some cars have ECU issues when on a dyno as the ECU starts throwing codes because front wheels are moving while rear wheels are not. goes in line with the symptoms as the parking brake would not engage until the codes cleared up.
Apparently in a Jaguar there are specific fuses you have to pull to even run the Jag on a dyno.
I know some other members have had their cars on the dyno so curious their experience.
@Trajectory009
Yep that rules that theory out... I've disabled the VSA literally dozens of times and never had an issue.

Trajectory009

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra 6MT, 21 TLX Type S, 24 Interga Type S

@Trajectory009
All of the warning lights came on when on the dyno because the car was freaking out with the back wheels locked down just as you described. It still ran balls to the wall during the pulls with no fuel cuts or anything strange like that. I was not able to changed modes, engage ebrake, etc between pulls due to all of the warning indicators. Just like when adding a new tune, those warning lights all went after a quick drive.

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All of the warning lights came on when on the dyno because the car was freaking out with the back wheels locked down just as you described. It still ran balls to the wall during the pulls with no fuel cuts or anything strange like that. I was not able to changed modes, engage ebrake, etc between pulls due to all of the warning indicators. Just like when adding a new tune, those warning lights all went after a quick drive.
thanks for confirming my suspicions. Curious now if it does throw it in (let’s call it safety mode) that sticks it in sport mode only then it is not getting the full aggressive fuel maps and timing as in sport plus. Wonder if a tuner can add a Dyno mode like phearable has the valet mode in multi tune Hondata.

For me the baseline numbers or only going to be used to gauge each part I add to see how much each part adds in gains.

Trajectory009

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra 6MT, 21 TLX Type S, 24 Interga Type S
I wanted to add parts and dyno each time but just don’t have the patience. It’s great you’re doing so. Thank you for the effort! And reach out with any questions as you’re building your ITS.

ITS_320

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Accord 2.0T/10AT, '24 ITS
Thanks for taking the time to video and show the results. I think we need to do the pedal dance before the dyno, just like the FL5 guys? If we just press and hold the VSA button, that won't fully disable traction control.

Here's a link showing how to put the car in full traction off mode (AKA Pedal Dance):

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update as second dyno has been done. Even with VSA disabled the ECU goes into emergency mode and thinks it is malfunctioning because the front wheels are spinning and the rear are not.
This is expected behavior. The first dyno while it was in emergency mode we found we could not change it out of sport mode to sport+ or comfort. However, this time at the dyno once in emergency mode if I turned the car off then back on without running it the full 15 minutes it was still in emergency mode BUT it was then able to change into the different modes.. kept it in sport mode for dyno but now know how we can do the dyno in sport+ once all mods are done and looking for that top number.
here is the new thread for those interested in the second dyno update.
(1) Bolt-on's Dyno tested.. | IntegraForums - 2023+ Acura Integra & Type S Forums, News, Owners, Discussions