• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
pictures without the blacked out tint

source: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a41871079/2024-acura-integra-type-s-prototype-drive/
prototype-3-1669749057.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.752xh;0,0.jpg

1670255132580.png
1670255156987.png
1670255246128.png

source: https://www.motor1.com/reviews/624895/2024-integra-type-s-review/
1670255325093.png
1670255364597.png

Acura Integra

Engine Turbocharged 2.0-Liter Inline-Four
Output 300-Plus Horsepower (est.)
Transmission Six-Speed Manual
Drive Type Front-Wheel Drive
Speed 0-60 MPH 5.0 Seconds (est.)
Weight 3,200 Pounds (est.)
Seating Capacity 5
Base Price $45,000 (est.)

Hopefully the Type S won’t follow suit when compared to the Civic Type R, which starts at $43,990. A price much higher than $45,000 would put the Integra dangerously close to the $46,995 of the Audi S3 and $48,950 of the Mercedes-AMG CLA 35 (both of which come standard with all-wheel drive).

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
First Drive impressions?

-Rev matching up and down!!??
-loudest Honda yet!!!
-adaptive suspension
- more compliant ride than the Civic Type R

https://driving.ca/reviews/first-drive/2024-acura-integra-type-s

Even before it arrived it was announcing its presence — the 2024 Acura Integra Type S, which is a prototype at this point, is the loudest Honda yet, and it is so in a proud manner that speaks to its underlying potential. Driving the high-banked oval at Honda’s Tochigi proving grounds in Japan, foot hard to the floor and the Type S pulling 201 kilometres an hour, the triple mid-mounted tailpipes were singing a sweet siren.

This speaks to the manner in which the Integra Type S production car will drive when it finally arrives. Yes, this first drive experience was limited to two flying laps around said banked oval, but it proved to be two very insightful laps.

The Type S mule, which was wrapped in a less-than-flattering camouflage package, featured a 2.0-litre turbo-four that was good for “300+” horsepower. The tester’s free-revving engine worked with a six-speed manual gearbox with a limited-slip differential to drive the front wheels. The combination proved to be a slick affair.

The engine has power to spare and it pulls strongly across the entirety of its torque plateau. Even when short-shifted, it still pulls strongly. Likewise, the gear shifter’s gate is tight and refined so it snicks through the cogs quickly. It’s such it reminded me of the S2000’s delightful gearbox. The other interesting tidbit is the Type S mule rev-matched when shifting up and down through the gears. Most only do so on a downshift. The best bit of news, however, came after pulling redline in first and second gear. The Type S did not tug at the steering wheel — there’s no sign of torque steer, which is a common trait with many torquey front-drivers. At this point, Acura says the Type S will only be offered with a manual transmission.

Once up to speed on the banked oval, the Type S tracked a true line. The P265/30R19 Michelin Pilot tires deliver a ton of grip and the steering’s feel and feedback is bang on. It has a positive on-centre feel and it turns off centre in a linear fashion.

When asked about the suspension and if it was adaptive, the engineer riding shotgun explained this is a “secret.” Let’s just say it will be adaptive, as the tester felt firmer when “Sport” mode was activated. As with the current A-Spec, the adaptive suspension’s calibration will likely be tied into the throttle response and steering feel. What came through loud and clear is the Type S has a more compliant ride than the Civic Type R without allowing the body to roll into a corner. The Type S also features a large Brembo brake package.

The obvious question after the short drive is what separates the upcoming 2024 Acura Integra Type S from the Honda Civic Type R? The answer, according to Honda, is the Type R has an extreme track-based focus; the Type S is designed to deliver refined street performance.

Of course, it’s inevitable there will be comparisons drawn between the two. After all, they share a common platform and many of the mechanical bits. However, as the brief first drive proved, there are differences. The linear steering response and the taut-but-smooth ride characteristics make the Type S less hard-edged than the Type R, which puts some needed space between the two.

Last edited:

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I'm actually very surprised to see it's 6MT only.
I wonder if it will be more like S3/Golf R or Clubman JCW/M235i.

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
I'm actually very surprised to see it's 6MT only.
I wonder if it will be more like S3/Golf R or Clubman JCW/M235i.
Considering it's FWD, I bet it's going to be like neither. However, I'm 100% sure it's going to be more fun and engaging to drive than all of its competitors, even if it's slower, strictly because it comes with a proper 6MT and not an AT.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
-rev matching up and down sounds amazing for introducing manual to others mannn why not on the A spec

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Considering it's FWD, I bet it's going to be like neither. However, I'm 100% sure it's going to be more fun and engaging to drive than all of its competitors, even if it's slower, strictly because it comes with a proper 6MT and not an AT.
Yeah I agree it will be very fun and engaging to drive.
I was actually comparing two different strategies from VW group and BMW group.
S3 has less hp than the Golf R while M135i and the JCW have same (or very similar) hp output.
So my question is: will the ITS come with 315hp just like the current gen CTR?
I think it might. I don't see why Acura would spend extra time and money to make it less powerful.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I personally think its a miss not offering an auto (i know many would disagree) but the Integra (both base and ITS) work as the perfect counterparts to the civic Si and CTR being manual only. Not even mentioning that pretty much every other mass market, premium, and luxury maker offers automatic options (in some cases being the only option) for their higher performance models. It's a niche car being made unnecessarily more niche by restricting sales to only those that want a manual. Honda/Acura can't see fit to offer coupes anymore because of low sales numbers, but willingly kneecap sales of their more affordable 4-door performance models by not offering the option the majority of potential buyers would get.

I said for years the same thing about the Si and CTR not being offered with an auto option, honda could sell so many more of them and make them more viable from a sales perspective. Then the integra came along... perfect opportunity to offer that auto option along with a healthy upcharge.

That said, even in camo, it looks great, great stance, will be a blast to drive and will be great as a more comfortable road focused version of the CTR. But in a world where manuals see take rates in the single digit % of sales I just don't think it's really optimized for the sales that it could've made.
Couldn’t agree more. And the argument of Type S used to be only manual back in the day is irrelevant since the tlx and mdx and future zdx are auto.

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Yeah I agree it will be very fun and engaging to drive.
I was actually comparing two different strategies from VW group and BMW group.
S3 has less hp than the Golf R while M135i and the JCW have same (or very similar) hp output.
So my question is: will the ITS come with 315hp just like the current gen CTR?
I think it might. I don't see why Acura would spend extra time and money to make it less powerful.
The reason the S3 makes 10 less advertised horsepower is because it's using the carryover EA888 Evo3 engine whereas the new Golf R has the updated EA888 Evo4 engine. Unless Honda inexplicably decides to give the ITS the FK8 version of the K20C1 instead of the FL5 version, I would expect it to be exactly the same output, even if they advertise it to be a little higher or lower.

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Couldn’t agree more. And the argument of Type S used to be only manual back in the day is irrelevant since the tlx and mdx and future zdx are auto.
Selfishly I'm OK (and even thrilled) with it being offered as a 6MT only. That way every single one they produce will be 6MTs instead of being diluted by production of an automatic version, which inevitably will make the 6MT harder to find and thus more prone to markups.

I think it also makes the car stack up better against the competition in the inevitable magazine comparos. If it's priced around $50K, it's going to look underwhelming compared to similarly priced competitors like the S3, M240i/M235i, etc. Of course, in terms of straight line the 6MT is also going to get walked (and probably moreso), but at least it's the only car in its segment to offer a manual, and consequently can be excused by virtue of being the most fun and engaging option, 0-60 times notwithstanding.

Last edited:

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The reason the S3 makes 10 less advertised horsepower is because it's using the carryover EA888 Evo3 engine whereas the new Golf R has the updated EA888 Evo4 engine. Unless Honda inexplicably decides to give the ITS the FK8 version of the K20C1 instead of the FL5 version, I would expect it to be exactly the same output, even if they advertise it to be a little higher or lower.
I don’t think Honda and Acura will play with advertised specs especially after the regular Integra getting exactly 200hp.
Looks like it will have to be either 306hp FK8 motor or 315hp FL1 motor.
Latter seems more likely, considering it has the same exhaust set up and drivetrain set up as the FL1.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Everyone ready for June 😉

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Selfishly I'm OK (and even thrilled) with it being offered as a 6MT only. That way every single one they produce will be 6MTs instead of being diluted by production of an automatic version, which inevitably will make the 6MT harder to find and thus more prone to markups.

I think it also makes the car stack up better against the competition in the inevitable magazine comparos. If it's priced around $50K, it's going to look underwhelming compared to similarly priced competitors like the S3, M240i/M235i, etc. Of course, in terms of straight line the 6MT is also going to get walked (and probably moreso), but at least it's the only car in its segment to offer a manual, and consequently can be excused by virtue of being the most fun and engaging option, 0-60 times notwithstanding.
It’s a good thing that it hits 60 in second gear. But it’ll be $46k. $3k more than the CTR for the teg tech features and $10k more than the tegs tech.

We already know the tech features cost $3k due to the price between aspec and aspec tech. And the CTR already is a hair nicer than the aspec non tech (like the 9” screen). So $3k is more than enough. And the type s trim is around 10k more than the next trim.

$46 also puts it just under the S3 which is its benchmark. Yes the $47k S3 lacks features the ITS will have. But the ITS needs to undercut the advertised price.

Previously I speculated that the ITS would be around $41k. But that was thinking it would have less power with the older FK8 motor. Since that’s not the case, it’ll be more than the CTR.

What separates them won’t be power. It’ll be focus. One for track the other for street.

Im super bummed about no 10AT though. I love having the auto for daily. And I love the stop and go cruise which is auto only.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I don’t think Honda and Acura will play with advertised specs especially after the regular Integra getting exactly 200hp.
Looks like it will have to be either 306hp FK8 motor or 315hp FL1 motor.
Latter seems more likely, considering it has the same exhaust set up and drivetrain set up as the FL1.
They also said it’s the same turbo as the CTR. That wording implies current gen.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
They also said it’s the same turbo as the CTR. That wording implies current gen.
Yep.. like I have been saying. Same or more HP. I also thought it would be 43k but CTR ruined that.. so it's 47 or 48k.