• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Subaru Forester X Premium
I hope the rear fenders don’t look like that. Looks a bit too much; would rather have it be more elegant like the ones on the F87 M2
To each their own. I'm a big fan of the definition in the fenders, as long as they are not tacked-on a la FK8. A duckbill spoiler would seal the deal for me.

PoundForPound

First Name
Engineering,PhD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra A-Spec, 14 Honda CR-Z, 04 RSX
I bought the A-Spec a couple months back in San Diego. Couple of weeks ago I called the same salesman to get my name in line for the Type-S. Today he called me to update me and tell me that only 300 ITS would be made... Not sure if he meant in the first year or total for the US.

Anyone got more info that can confirm/deny this?

I told him I wasn't going to pay for a ridiculous mark up, if any at all.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I bought the A-Spec a couple months back in San Diego. Couple of weeks ago I called the same salesman to get my name in line for the Type-S. Today he called me to update me and tell me that only 300 ITS would be made... Not sure if he meant in the first year or total for the US.

I call bullshit on this, sales guy just trying to get you to agree to adm. The Integra is already selling well and with the demand for the CTR there is no way Acura wouldn’t produce as many of these as possible to capitalize on sales. I think the ITS is going to be a bigger hit than the CTR in NA and that there will be plenty to go around (in relation to the CTR anyway).

PoundForPound

First Name
Engineering,PhD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I call bullshit on this, sales guy just trying to get you to agree to adm. The Integra is already selling well and with the demand for the CTR there is no way Acura wouldn’t produce as many of these as possible to capitalize on sales. I think the ITS is going to be a bigger hit than the CTR in NA and that there will be plenty to go around (in relation to the CTR anyway).
I hope you're right. He sounded like he wasn't sure or wasn't comfortable lying.

BTW what's this "ADM agreement" about?

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I hope you're right. He sounded like he wasn't sure or wasn't comfortable lying.

BTW what's this "ADM agreement" about?
Adjusted Dealer Markup - seems to be affecting most new cars now. I hope by the time these come out things are back to normal in the car sales world.

PoundForPound

First Name
Engineering,PhD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Adjusted Dealer Markup - seems to be affecting most new cars now. I hope by the time these come out things are back to normal in the car sales world.
Oh right - thanks!

From what I keep reading, the car market is crashing in favor of buyers again. Hopefully, by summer things are back to normal.

I would say 47k is the most i want to pay for the ITS. Maybe more if it really blows my mind.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT

He’s making it up. Sales 101, planting the seeds. He wants you to think it’s rare and limited so you’ll accept a big mark up later.

BackPack

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Honda Accord EX-L, 2004 Acura RSX Type S

Was this Ball Acura in National City? I got the same answer from them a few weeks ago. I also call BS on only 300 cars. Maybe they will have a launch edition that’s only 300 units. I crossed them off my list of dealers to buy from. I contacted other San Diego area dealers and got on their list. No one else threw out the car would be limited to 300 units.

PoundForPound

First Name
Engineering,PhD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Was this Ball Acura in National City? I got the same answer from them a few weeks ago. I also call BS on only 300 cars. Maybe they will have a launch edition that’s only 300 units. I crossed them off my list of dealers to buy from. I contacted other San Diego area dealers and got on their list. No one else threw out the car would be limited to 300 units.
It is indeed Ball Acura.

I got my A-Spec at MSRP with a couple of dealer add-ons from them, so I figured they'd be okay to do business with in the future.

Interestingly, the salesperson who told me this also told me that he's quitting (for a career change), so I question his incentive to lie. However, I always proceed with caution when doing business with salespeople.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It is indeed Ball Acura.

I got my A-Spec at MSRP with a couple of dealer add-ons from them, so I figured they'd be okay to do business with in the future.

Interestingly, the salesperson who told me this also told me that he's quitting (for a career change), so I question his incentive to lie. However, I always proceed with caution when doing business with salespeople.
He’s lying because he is told to. 97% of car sales guys are in and out of the business. They don’t care about you. But the managers still want you to buy from the next sales guy, at a mark up.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
He’s lying because he is told to. 97% of car sales guys are in and out of the business. They don’t care about you. But the managers still want you to buy from the next sales guy, at a mark up.
I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but many years ago I sold cars. The extent that the sales managers lied to me during the course of trying to make a deal was one of the reasons I quit. The other was that the schedule was seriously impacting my rugby career. ;)

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Man I need some ITS updates to start of 2023 right! I hoped they would share more early in the new year.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
An important note also, is that right now you can get a Civic Si for MSRP but the Type R markup is $5k-$15k & so I anticipate (unfortunately) that the Type S will be the same. Markups vary per
region. The Civic forum has a running XL spreadsheet of markups that we can observe which is helpful…I guess. Markups are planned by multiple dealerships in a region on specific trims that are obviously highly desired. The more people that purchase at those markups, the more the dealer thinks that it works, the worse they will get, & the longer they will stick around.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
An important note also, is that right now you can get a Civic Si for MSRP but the Type R markup is $5k-$15k & so I anticipate (unfortunately) that the Type S will be the same. Markups vary per
region. The Civic forum has a running XL spreadsheet of markups that we can observe which is helpful…I guess. Markups are planned by multiple dealerships in a region on specific trims that are obviously highly desired. The more people that purchase at those markups, the more the dealer thinks that it works, the worse they will get, & the longer they will stick around.
I put a deposit down on my Integra for MSRP in August, when Si's and ST's in my area had $6k markups. Even before the insanity of the last couple of years, certain Honda dealers were infamous for ADM and forced accessories. Many years ago, I went to a local dealer to look at a brand new 2011 Fit Sport and they wanted $1500 in ADM and had $500 in accessories they said I had to accept. Needless to say, I didn't buy from them. I found out later that even the people who work there buy their cars from other dealers. I have no idea how they stay in business, but they do.

Just because many Honda dealers are trying to retire off the CTS, that doesn't necessarily mean Acura will do the same with the ITS.