• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I put in my preferred dealership's first Type-S deposit on Monday, but they were very direct in saying they had 0 information on what a Type-S might be or if/when it might come. I was asked for preferred transmission (6MT) and interior/exterior color (White/Red)--just like the Integra I got from the same dealership in June.

Like many of you, I'm expecting the CTR's 2.0T (especially now that it's been phased out of the Accord) with a 10AT and hopefully an available 6MT. I think the Integra will have FWD (per J. Rivers), a softer suspension than the CTR (anybody notice how much bouncing everyone did in their CTR track test videos?) and more overall interior comfort than the CTR (with a little extra weight). I'll be bummed if it's only available in 10AT, but not overly surprised either.

With 10AT and even if the tune/turbo is slightly watered down, it should be able to outpace a CTR (much like the Accord) in a quarter mile, but the CTR will still be more track capable. Honda has put a lot into marketing the CTR as their halo trackable car, and they're not going to put out an Integra Type-S that eclipses it. I'm not expecting $50k, but I'm not holding my breath for $40k either. I'm counting on $45k +/- $2k.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
I'm going to contact the local dealerships here on Monday and see what they say about deposits and what not. I wanna go ahead and get on a few list just in case things get a lil spicy later on. I'm willing to do MSRP plus accessories but Imma need something in writing.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
With the TLX getting a price bump for next year, that 47k-49k looking alot more likely for the Integra.
TLX-S is getting about $1600 price bump for next year, and that includes the maintenance program that all Integras already come with.
8K difference at 47K still makes a lot of sense, but at the same time, it would be 12K more than the top trim Integra and that makes no sense at all.
Honestly I have no idea lol I mean, we don't know how they're gonna spec this thing, right?

Carmeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Acura RDX A-Spec / Adv
TLX-S is getting about $1600 price bump for next year, and that includes the maintenance program that all Integras already come with.
8K difference at 47K still makes a lot of sense, but at the same time, it would be 12K more than the top trim Integra and that makes no sense at all.
Honestly I have no idea lol I mean, we don't know how they're gonna spec this thing, right?
Considering that the Type R is 15k more than the Si, I think 12k isn’t too bad for the Integra. Hopefully they fully load this thing! I don’t think they’d pull the Type R seats, but if they were to reuse or update the base Integra seats, I hope they add cooled seats.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Considering that the Type R is 15k more than the Si, I think 12k isn’t too bad for the Integra. Hopefully they fully load this thing! I don’t think they’d pull the Type R seats, but if they were to reuse or update the base Integra seats, I hope they add cooled seats.
Between the Hatch ST and TypeR it's 12k. So maybe we should compare CTR to the Integra ASpec since it's the hatch SI.
SI $29k, ST is 32k, 37k for Aspec Tech, 44k CTR,
TypeS +5k?? +7k?? ..
Just tough to compare with such a jump and the hatch being more than the sedan. I'm still hoping we see 47k which is still a 10k premium but it could be a 12k that puts it at 49k.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
TLX A-Spec to TLX S = +$6750 (SHAWD price delta cancelled out)
MDX A-Spec to MDX S = +$8300 (SHAWD price delta cancelled out)
Integra A-Spec to ITS = +$6750 to $8300 (CVT to 6MT/10-speed auto priced in. Or add $2200 to prices below if you think ITS will come with SHAWD)

ITS (6MT/10-speed auto) Pricing:
32800 + 6750 = 39550
32800 + 8300 = 41100

1669005686283.png

1669005812863.png

1669006042391.png

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
TLX A-Spec to TLX S = +$6750 (SHAWD price delta cancelled out)
MDX A-Spec to MDX S = +$8300 (SHAWD price delta cancelled out)
Integra A-Spec to ITS = +$6750 to $8300 (CVT to 6MT/10-speed auto priced in. Or add $2200 to prices below if you think ITS will come with SHAWD)

ITS (6MT/10-speed auto) Pricing:
32800 + 6750 = 39550
32800 + 8300 = 41100
Yeah. That was my original thought with a price of 43k but with the CTR at that price could they sell the TypeS for the same money?

Screenshot_20221121-152439.png

oknotok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Waiting
New to the forum, lurking in a lot of forums right now since we are spoiled for choice. I am one of the first 10 deposits on a GRC at a local dealership, but a Type-S is what would bring me over to Honda/Acura. The CTR seems like it is missing a lot of creature comforts coming from a BMW (E90/F10).

I am hoping for a fun family vehicle that blends some fun/practicality/luxury that is a manual. I think the Type-S variant is the one for me if it can come in under $50k. I called a lot of local dealers and nobody is taking a deposit yet, so we shall see what happens once an official announcement comes along.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah. That was my original thought with a price of 43k but with the CTR at that price could they sell the TypeS for the same money?

Screenshot_20221121-152439.png
$40k is doable with the Accord 2.0T (252 hp) or $41k with the TLX 2.0T (272 hp). How much power do you need in a four-banger without CTR suspension to counter the torque steer? And Type S is philosophically not a Type R. Acura just needs to give it 25%-30% (252/200 = 1.26) power bump and price it to undercut A3, CLA, 2-series, etc...

Acura Motto:
Expect the worst: 252 hp
Hope for mediocrity: 272 hp

Last edited:

Carmeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Acura RDX A-Spec / Adv
$40k is doable with the Accord 2.0T (252 hp) or $41k with the TLX 2.0T (272 hp). How much power do you need in a four-banger without CTR suspension to counter the torque steer? And Type S is philosophically not a Type R. Acura just needs to give it 25%-30% (252/200 = 1.26) power bump and price it to undercut S3, CLA, 2-series, etc...

Acura Motto:
Expect the worst: 252 hp
Hope for mediocrity: 272 hp
I just don’t think they’d use anything other than the Type R engine. Why tout the triple pipes and put a weenie TLX engine in it?
Torque steer was mainly cancelled by the suspension geometry in the FK8 (no idea in FL5). Why wouldn’t they just reuse the Type R geometry with softer tuning on the shocks (they are electronic after all).
The 40ish K price tag makes sense if they put virtually no effort into making a Type S, but if the leaked photos and speculations from insiders is to be believed, there’s no way its cheaper than a Type R.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
It seems like they’re going with the CTR motor and exhaust. I can’t imagine such an Integra Type-S costing less than the Civic Type R.

So If it’s more ($47k+) , that’s at least 10k over the current top A-Spec Tech. Seems high relative to the rest of the Acura lineup, but I still think this is what they’ll do. Especially (maybe because of) the current market. Keep the CTR limited/scarce and sell more ITS for more profit.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
"Still, the ILX is not far off from a second-generation remake, as Acura plans profound updates to all of its models, which started with the 2019 RDX compact crossover. As the last to be freshened, a redesigned ILX needs to get in line behind the TLX midsize sedan and the MDX three-row crossover for generational change.

When the ILX does get its turn, Diallo said the brand intends to keep its gateway vehicle competitive on price to attract new buyers. "We haven't quite crossed that bridge yet, but when we get there, you can be assured that we'll have the best product in the segment and we'll be competitive," he said."

https://www.autonews.com/sales/counterintuitive-acura-ilx-pricing-strategy-paying

The same guy was recently promoted to president of national sales (Acura). Take it as a hint.

Last edited:

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2004 MX-5 Miata
Just for fun I quickly corrected the stretching of the side-view mirror shot of the Type S so we can get a better look at it. Looks pretty aggressive.

integra-type-s-corrected.jpg

Also I don't think those are vents on the side of the hood. Those same black pieces are all over the body - maybe sensors for collecting data?