• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
The 11th gen Si is missing features you mean? My comment was about the US having things like no heated seats/wheel, etc. For that reason, and ADM, the Integra there is an easy decision.

Here, heated steering/seats, parking sensors, wireless charging, wireless CarPlay, blind spot monitoring, turn signals in mirrors, full digital MID, individual mode all come on the Si. Yep individual mode isn’t identical and they removed active dampers and I’d rather have them but not a big deal. That Si, in a hatch with same current Si price, is a much better value than the Integra here.

What missing features on the Si here do I and most YouTubers not know about?
Why does Honda do things like that. I'd give my left nut for a CAN-spec Si. You guys get the Si and the Integra, so there's no reason to spec them differently (CAN vs US), and we're practically the same country. Don't we buy 70% of the oil from Canada already? That should count for something? I think a unilateral annexation of Canada would garner majority support down south. I'm sick of Honda treating us like second-class citizens.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Why does Honda do things like that. I'd give my left nut for a CAN-spec Si. You guys get the Si and the Integra, so there's no reason to spec them differently (CAN vs US), and we're practically the same country. Don't we buy 70% of the oil from Canada already? That should count for something? I think a unilateral annexation of Canada would garner majority support down south. I'm sick of Honda treating us like second-class citizens.
It's not just Honda. A lot of automakers do that for some unknown reason.
Some models even come in multiple body styles that we don't get here in the U.S.
A class Hatch? Not for us. Forte 5 GT? Nope.

IronJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec MT
As someone who immigrated from Canada to US, I can tell you Canada and US are 2 very different countries. Americans buy MUCH bigger cars in general, that's a fact. Gaz prices, cost of living and political views drive that.

That being said, I was making a lots Americans jealous every time I was driving my CSX Type-S across the border back in the days ;-)

Last edited:

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
The two countries are treated like separate markets
 supposedly buyers in the US are more price focused whereas Canadian buyers are more feature/value focused.

There’s probably other factors too
 strength of the dollar, cost of living, whatever. We’re a much smaller market too so thats another data point.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Hmm. So the Civic Type R is $43,990 with destination. How much more could the typeS be?
I'm thinking 47k

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm. So the Civic Type R is $43,990 with destination. How much more could the typeS be?
I'm thinking 47k
$51.8K in Canada with PDI
 ouch.

I’m not convinced the Type S will be more. If they tone down some of the performance features, to offset cost of comfort features, they could be priced similarly.

and hope springs eternal.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
$51.8K in Canada with PDI
 ouch.

I’m not convinced the Type S will be more. If they tone down some of the performance features, to offset cost of comfort features, they could be priced similarly.

and hope springs eternal.
I'm just thinking its $1,500 more as it will have more comforts and even if they soften the suspension it wont be a HUGE change, and if they use the adaptive on the S that will easily balance out the difference in cost.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm just thinking its $1,500 more as it will have more comforts and even if they soften the suspension it wont be a HUGE change, and if they use the adaptive on the S that will easily balance out the difference in cost.
Ya that sounds about right, less than 2k in the diff. Just listened to Kirk K and he made a couple points that made a lot of sense.

1. Acura will have a hit in the ITS if they remove a few pricey performance parts to keep price close to CTR. You’d barely notice the difference on the street and it’d be a more livable and available CTR.

2. This seems like Honda is looking at ADM and is clawing some back. Lots of the CTRs would be selling above msrp at least in the US so why not take some of that for themselves.

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2004 MX-5 Miata
Yeah if they position the upcoming Type S as the modern day "GSR" rather than the modern ITR, I could see it sitting closer in price with the new CTR. I don't think the same MSRP delta that exists between the Civic Si and the CTR will exist between the Integra and Integra Type S.

On top of that, I'm also very hopeful that Acura dealers won't mark up Integra Type S's to the degree that CTRs will be marked up. Considering how easy it was to find an Integra at MSRP vs how difficult it is to find a Civic Si at MSRP, here's to hoping.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It’ll either be an aspec tech plus a lot of features, rear ac vents, 360 cameras, cooled seats, power folding mirrors, etc. With the ctr motor, the full 315hp. For 47k, 10k more than the aspec tech.

Or what I’m lean toward, all the added features above, the “old” ctr motor, and 10 speed auto only for 41k.

$37k for the tech is already a stretch for a lot of the people in the market for the integra. So an extra 4k wouldn’t eat into aspec tech sales. It would be enough to make it out of reach for a lot of people. Also if you want the manual, you’d have to go down to the tech, or up to the ctr, so auto only wouldn’t eat into ctr sales. If it was cheaper with a manual, it would. That’s why they won’t make it in manual.

Acura has also proven that they reuse as much as possible. Giving the CVT as the auto option because they could just slap the L15/cvt already going into thousands of civics in it. Same thing with the K20C/10 speed. It’s already on thousands of RDX’s and accords. It’s the much more mass produced combo as opposed to the K20+manual which is only for the ctr. The ctr being lower production means they don’t have to make many of that combo. They’re already making a ton of the auto combo.

Also the K series 6 speed has been around, at its core, for 20 years. Its r&d is paid for long ago. The 10 speed auto however could use another arm to justify its research cost not only now, but for future generations of it.

It just seems way to obvious with the ctr price jump that they left a gap for the type s. 47k would be too close to the tlx s. Sure with a manual option, many would go for it so this is still possible. But now you’re losing sales on the tlx-s for people who can save money, get more interior space, tons of performance, and a manual. I think they raised the ctr price to slot in the ITS. More features, less power, no manual option. Makes it different enough to allow the tech and ctr to survive. No need to jump all the way to 47. Also 10k more for still “entry level premium” isn’t realistic. It would be VERY low volume when Acura need the integra line as a whole to be their best seller.

All of these reasons are from a business perspective and not what the consumer wants perspective. Which is how car companies operate, especially post Covid. It’ll be $41k.

Last edited:

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Interesting what Honda Canada will do with pricing for the ITS. The CTR is around the starting price of the Audi S3 here, @ $50k. If the ITS is even $2k more than the CTR, and therefore also more than what the S3 starts at, it won't be seen as much of a deal. Yes, it will probably have some more standard tech, but $50k+ for a mass produced vehicle (CTR is a special case with limited production) with a plasticky Civic interior and no AWD, when there is an S3 with better interior materials, Quattro, and the higher luxury caché, for less..? :hmm: Even the TLX Platinum Elite is $53,400.