• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Acura Demo Integra Type-S?

Chuck B

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra - 6MT
This market and with a high demand vehicle you may not get a discount.
The other caveat is it will more than likely be loaded with every accessory. Are you wanting this or have they confirmed what accessories will be installed?
That is exactly what happened last year with the closest dealer - the demo Integra was loaded and the sticker was >$45k!!

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
I'm not sure why anyone would want a demo with no likely discounting? Loaded with add-ons you may not want AND paying full price?

Stopped by my dealer today who estimates their demo to arrive in early to mid June and will absolutely be allowing test drives. I'm sure they will be doing their best to pre-qualify or screen people and there's no way you won't have a salesman in the right seat but they plan on using it as it was intended. I'm sure it wouldn't have a ton of miles on it but stil.......

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm not sure why anyone would want a demo with no likely discounting? Loaded with add-ons you may not want AND paying full price?

Stopped by my dealer today who estimates their demo to arrive in early to mid June and will absolutely be allowing test drives. I'm sure they will be doing their best to pre-qualify or screen people and there's no way you won't have a salesman in the right seat but they plan on using it as it was intended. I'm sure it wouldn't have a ton of miles on it but stil.......
Lol. I can't wait to ring the demo car out. Highway on ramp from my dealer is about 50ft away. Hope this thing can get easily hit triple digits getting on the highway.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Lol. I can't wait to ring the demo car out. Highway on ramp from my dealer is about 50ft away. Hope this thing can get easily hit triple digits getting on the highway.
And this is why I wouldn't buy a demo car, any rental, OR a used car in this segment! 😆

And smart dealerships will likely spare their employee(s) the risk of riding passenger and let the customer take it solo. Every time I test drive a manual car (Multiple Si's, CR-Z, 2018 and 2021 FK8, 2022 HB, etc.) I can't help but make a joke or two that suggests I've never driven stick ("Ok, so the one over here on the left is the clutch? Or the right?" or, my favorite, "Wait... why are there 3 pedals?") just to see how the salesperson reacts. I've had half-hearted attempts to teach me stick through the window, and I've had salespeople admit they have no clue how to drive stick, but I've never been asked to exit the car. I've also never had a salesperson ride passenger on any test drive. Is that just me?

But in all seriousness, with how the way the market is right now, these dealerships can rest assured someone will buy the car despite the mileage and accessories.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
And this is why I wouldn't buy a demo car, any rental, OR a used car in this segment! 😆

And smart dealerships will likely spare their employee(s) the risk of riding passenger and let the customer take it solo. Every time I test drive a manual car (Multiple Si's, CR-Z, 2018 and 2021 FK8, 2022 HB, etc.) I can't help but make a joke or two that suggests I've never driven stick ("Ok, so the one over here on the left is the clutch? Or the right?" or, my favorite, "Wait... why are there 3 pedals?") just to see how the salesperson reacts. I've had half-hearted attempts to teach me stick through the window, and I've had salespeople admit they have no clue how to drive stick, but I've never been asked to exit the car. I've also never had a salesperson ride passenger on any test drive. Is that just me?

But in all seriousness, with how the way the market is right now, these dealerships can rest assured someone will buy the car despite the mileage and accessories.
When I test drove the A Spec prior to getting mine in June. Dealer road with me an my friend. Funny part was its been 20+ years since I drove a Manual so I'm sure they were scared 🤪

OP
OP
Hicks2seven

Hicks2seven

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Tacoma, 2021 CTR
Update on my 'demo' allocation:

Dealer stated that since the White/red is my preference and I have a deposit in place - they can mark the car as 'sold' and keep it on the showroom floor - not allowing other potential customers to drive it. They also stated that there is only a mandatory 30 day period where they have to keep the car (vs 90 days that someone else reported) - after which they can officially sell me the car.
Lastly - although they are required to add all the accessories per the agreement of receiving a 'demo' car from Acura - there is nothing that states those accessories have to go on the actual demo car. They plan to install them on one of their unsold allocations and mark that car up a total of $8K over MSRP.

I take all this with a grain of salt....but my hope is I'll still get the color I want without any extra accessories or Wear and tear. 30 days o waiting shouldn't be hard, especially if the reports are true that have stated the demo cars will be the first to arrive at dealers.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Update on my 'demo' allocation:

Dealer stated that since the White/red is my preference and I have a deposit in place - they can mark the car as 'sold' and keep it on the showroom floor - not allowing other potential customers to drive it. They also stated that there is only a mandatory 30 day period where they have to keep the car (vs 90 days that someone else reported) - after which they can officially sell me the car.
Lastly - although they are required to add all the accessories per the agreement of receiving a 'demo' car from Acura - there is nothing that states those accessories have to go on the actual demo car. They plan to install them on one of their unsold allocations and mark that car up a total of $8K over MSRP.

I take all this with a grain of salt....but my hope is I'll still get the color I want without any extra accessories or Wear and tear. 30 days o waiting shouldn't be hard, especially if the reports are true that have stated the demo cars will be the first to arrive at dealers.
My dealer confirmed 60 day hold on demo car before they can sell.

OP
OP
Hicks2seven

Hicks2seven

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Tacoma, 2021 CTR
My dealer confirmed 60 day hold on demo car before they can sell.
Interesting. Someone else said 90. I asked my salesman to confirm and he came back a day later and said he confirmed 30 days with his GM. Who knows? It could just be a tactic to keep me happy for a while. Either way, I think waiting an additional 30 days would be worth getting the color I prefer.

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Of all the dealers I talked to in the previous few months getting on various lists, I have been told 30, 60, and 90 days on the demo cars. Maybe it varies by region and amount of allocation, or maybe it's 30 days minimum and up to the dealership owners from there, who knows.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
60 days was the dealer hold time quoted to me, but obviously tentative and we'll see what happens when it actually arrives. if it's available for test drives, that would be great ... i'd love to try one out ... but then i wouldn't want that one. and if it's NOT available for test drives that's a shame to miss a joy ride... BUT i'd be interested in buying it as long as it's not a weird color combo. kind of a win-win for me.

OP
OP
Hicks2seven

Hicks2seven

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Tacoma, 2021 CTR
Has anyone else confirmed a color combo for their dealer's demo other than White/red? At least 4 have confirmed that, so I'm curious if the first run of white cars is all 'demo' bound

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Same here - everyone who knew what color their demo was going to be told me it was white/red. Others didn't know.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Two local dealers by me are both white on red. Beyond the heritage aspect, I bet it's because they will put the copper wheels on which is gonna look fantastic on white, not so much on the other options (IMO).

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Might look ok on blue if the copper color is dark enough, but I agree white is the best. Good idea on that