• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe2105

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 MX-5 Miata, 22 Mazda3 Hatch 6MT
During shopping around there are three dealers now that have said they aren't taking deposits because Acura told them to steer customers to the online configurator so that they can "track clients needs." I wonder if those that put deposits down got got by dealerships that were just hoping with no information??

Last edited:

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3
That's what my dealer told me as well. I don't ideally want to take delivery until Oct-Dec and he said I'm better off shopping around for a dealer allocation. He said the 200 were expected to come first and that I should shop around elsewhere. The salesperson was as honest as I could hope to be and said I should go to another dealer. Literally no incentive to tell me all of that.
I think this is in the right direction, we need to get out of the antiquated dealer model. This gives everyone a fair chance and not people with the deepest pockets at the dealers (or they can wait for the next allocations)

I wish Canada can have something like this.

jcoll1056

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Accord 2.0 Touring
Can someone explain to me how the reservation system worked when the Integra was first introduced?

From what I gather from the posts, you put down a refundable deposit and select what you want and which dealer you want (this doesn't guarantee you will get the car you want and doesn't guarantee you get it at MSRP). If by chance the dealership gets the car you specified in the reservation, you still need to negotiate a price with the dealership.

If I understand this correctly, the is no guarantee it is a reservation for a possible vehicle of your choice, and the dealership still charges you what they want. What is the point of the reservation if my thinking is correct? Is it just for Acura to know what customers want? Maybe someone can enlighten me with the previous reservations of the Integra?
Thanks

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Can someone explain to me how the reservation system worked when the Integra was first introduced?

From what I gather from the posts, you put down a refundable deposit and select what you want and which dealer you want (this doesn't guarantee you will get the car you want and doesn't guarantee you get it at MSRP). If by chance the dealership gets the car you specified in the reservation, you still need to negotiate a price with the dealership.

If I understand this correctly, the is no guarantee it is a reservation for a possible vehicle of your choice, and the dealership still charges you what they want. What is the point of the reservation if my thinking is correct? Is it just for Acura to know what customers want? Maybe someone can enlighten me with the previous reservations of the Integra?
Thanks
I did the initial reservation for my Aspec. It notified dealer of the options and color you want. The dealer then confirmed everything with me and placed the factory order. This is what was said happened. Not sure what was true or not but I received my car 6/1/22.

jcoll1056

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Accord 2.0 Touring
I did the initial reservation for my Aspec. It notified dealer of the options and color you want. The dealer then confirmed everything with me and placed the factory order. This is what was said happened. Not sure what was true or not but I received my car 6/1/22.
Thanks for the response. Did you get your car at MSRP or was there a dealer markup?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Thanks for the response. Did you get your car at MSRP or was there a dealer markup?
MSRP. But you need to qualify the dealer beforehand

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
since my salesman said "here are the color options, please let me know what you'd like" i basically ranked all of the colors assuming they would only have access to some and i tried to make it a point that i'd take anything. HOWEVER, it would be great if the units were ordered how the customer wants.

if there really are 200 units like some have said that's like 2 per state so my hopes aren't super high about getting an early one haha. only a few more days and we'll find out!

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
since my salesman said "here are the color options, please let me know what you'd like" i basically ranked all of the colors assuming they would only have access to some and i tried to make it a point that i'd take anything. HOWEVER, it would be great if the units were ordered how the customer wants.

if there really are 200 units like some have said that's like 2 per state so my hopes aren't super high about getting an early one haha. only a few more days and we'll find out!
really you’ll take any color? Maybe I’m being picky but for a 50k car it has to be my firs choice.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
^^^^
I'm only considering two exterior colors and one interior color. I will only purchase in my preferred color combination.
AND, I'm not paying over MSRP.

I can wait....I'm not in a hurry.

Mike

Joe2105

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 MX-5 Miata, 22 Mazda3 Hatch 6MT
^^^^
I'm only considering two exterior colors and one interior color. I will only purchase in my preferred color combination.
AND, I'm not paying over MSRP.

I can wait....I'm not in a hurry.

Mike

Same, Tiger eye > Blue and Orchid only for the interior. It has to be something special if I'm paying $50k and new. I'll just wait and save more if I can't get it.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
really you’ll take any color? Maybe I’m being picky but for a 50k car it has to be my firs choice.
i consider myself fortunate ... i've gotten my first choice plenty of times including specing out a few to be built (F80 M3s, GT4, namely) and several that were on the lot that were nice builds. even when i have ordered a car I go back and forth between colors and have a hard time nailing it down. oftentimes i settle on something boring (white or gray exterior, black interior) so i wouldn't mind getting something a little different. most of the ITS color combinations i find to be pretty cool ... exceptions are: no tiger eye or red paint. i'd prefer any of the other colors with black interior, the white interior is decent and the red is my least favorite, but my Si has red interior and although i don't love it...it doesn't bother me aside form the couple seconds when I enter the car. i'm most interested in how the car drives... i don't care too much about the color combo this time around.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
i consider myself fortunate ... i've gotten my first choice plenty of times including specing out a few to be built (F80 M3s, GT4, namely) and several that were on the lot that were nice builds. even when i have ordered a car I go back and forth between colors and have a hard time nailing it down. oftentimes i settle on something boring (white or gray exterior, black interior) so i wouldn't mind getting something a little different. most of the ITS color combinations i find to be pretty cool ... exceptions are: no tiger eye or red paint. i'd prefer any of the other colors with black interior, the white interior is decent and the red is my least favorite, but my Si has red interior and although i don't love it...it doesn't bother me aside form the couple seconds when I enter the car. i'm most interested in how the car drives... i don't care too much about the color combo this time around.
911 GT3 is my endgame. I wouldn’t have it any other color than Mexico blue.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
911 GT3 is my endgame. I wouldn’t have it any other color than Mexico blue.
you and a lot of people.... i love the GT3 and really want a 992.2 ... i'm on a short list for a Z06 and may use that as a way to get myself into a 992.2 GT3 .. that's my plan right now ... there are about 30 color combinations that i'd happily own/drive. nothing wrong with being fixated on mexico blue though, great color.

speaking of special blues, it cracks me up when i see a cornflower blue GTI knowing that's a pricey option on a Porsche.

another example of not caring much about a color .... i might be getting a new M3 CS black with gold wheels. not a color combo i would spec myself but it's a hard car to get and i have had an MSRP car drop into my lap, so i feel like i should jump at the opportunity.... story of my life.

my first few cars i got i was very particular ... having been through something like 30 cars it's less of an issue for me as long as my wife doesn't hate it. i'm closing in on 40 years old so being "old" probably explains my lack of caring about the color.

so yes ... i think the ITS looks really good in white, gray, blue, black, silver and best with black interior but i'd be okay with a variety of interiors too.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
^^^^
You better have deep pockets for the 911 (assuming you own one outside of warranty). Mine was amazing! Loved that car….I tried to replace it several times but couldn’t. Then, one day after a 2K mile road trip, about 5 miles from home, it broke a valve spring. A very very rare failure. It cost me $25K to refresh the engine. I kept it for another year after the repair and then sold it on BAT.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.