• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
To add to this conversation, a dealer told me the May 11th vehicles were going to be a lottery system and only 200 extra cars for the market. The number matches what another individual said on the forums.
What does that mean? Dealers will get some and THEN 200 more will be disbursed?

Joe2105

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 MX-5 Miata, 22 Mazda3 Hatch 6MT
What does that mean? Dealers will get some and THEN 200 more will be disbursed?
I'm purely speculating at this point but what is confirmed is there is a configurator going live May 11th. What's rumored from both users here and a dealer I talked to is that it's 200 examples and the dealer said it would be a lottery system. This is from a dealer that wouldn't even give me a quote for a dealer allocation since they're sold out so they have no incentive. They said come back in a few months when we get the allocation for next year. I'm guessing this is a way to curb some ADM and keep consumers happy while not upsetting dealers too much. Oh well, I found a local dealer only selling to locals that is willing to do MSRP + $995 tint, weather protection, wheel locks (I guess I'll pay it).

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
I'm purely speculating at this point but what is confirmed is there is a configurator going live May 11th. What's rumored from both users here and a dealer I talked to is that it's 200 examples and the dealer said it would be a lottery system. This is from a dealer that wouldn't even give me a quote for a dealer allocation since they're sold out so they have no incentive. They said come back in a few months when we get the allocation for next year. I'm guessing this is a way to curb some ADM and keep consumers happy while not upsetting dealers too much. Oh well, I found a local dealer only selling to locals that is willing to do MSRP + $995 tint, weather protection, wheel locks (I guess I'll pay it).
Lottery meaning is 400 people pre order then 50% will be lucky?

Joe2105

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lottery meaning is 400 people pre order then 50% will be lucky?
That's what the dealer said but who knows honestly. Can't really just trust a salesman. It makes since somewhat though that they can't meet demand so they have to come up with a way.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
My dealer did mention that they will all work each other to allocate color requests from customers - *if possible*.
Meaning they’re probably not going to get your desired color from the opposite coast or even half that distance, but if they can they will (or should).

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
I wondered what would happen if they all sold out right away…..who thinks that’ll happen? I have anxiety for the pre order day lol

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Anything under 500, yes. Depending on the color combos out, might skip the first round. Apb/blk only.

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
To add to this conversation, a dealer told me the May 11th vehicles were going to be a lottery system and only 200 extra cars for the market. The number matches what another individual said on the forums. I tend to think this is true as it's a way for Acura to get vehicles to the customer for MSRP and at the same time keep dealers happy since they have allocations too.
So it is May 11? Why did my dealer say June??

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
Not sure, I've heard may from multiple dealers and here on the forum.
Oohh I know this is so hard to predict :'( Do you have any idea if the website ordering will be a link sent by dealer ahead of just being open to all the general public or anything like that? Because my dealer also mentioned I was #1 on a list for that pre-order...but then he said it was June, but I see May mentioned all over this forum, like you have seen. I want to increase my chances to get this car this year :)

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Speculation seems to be compounding here despite no new info from Acura in over a week, so let's hopefully try to keep it in check.

• Dealerships know very little. Their employees are salespeople and not Acura employees. They're susceptible to rumors and are just as prone to speculation as the rest of us. Take everything they say with a grain of salt. An honest "I don't know" should be worth more than a guess that seems really confident. But, if I really wanted to sell you a car and commit to my dealership, which do you think I'd give?
  • Some dealerships claim to know how many Type-S' they're getting for the rest of the year, some claim to know the color combos they're expecting first, and others (even some high-volume dealerships) insist they don't have any of that information yet. Be careful what you take as fact here, sure seems like there's some speculation mixed.
  • Acura has said the on-sale date will be sometime in June (fact), but they haven't announced how many/what color combos will be available in June/beyond. The Canadian color options for the model year seem fairly certain (leaked slides), and the US color options that are circulating around seem believable enough.
  • There's a rumor that a reservation system will open on May 11th, but Acura hasn't confirmed this yet. There's a rumor that 200 vehicles will be available, but Acura hasn't confirmed this either. People have alluded to these being divvied out through the reservation system like a lottery or raffle... this seems a little unlikely, but choose what you believe. In any case, these are all just rumors, and probably not worth losing any sleep over.
  • IF there is a reservation system, and IF the reservation system is like those Acura has done in the past, then it would just be a means of connecting dealerships with the most interested customers--those willing to put a refundable deposit down on a vehicle that hasn't been built yet, that hasn't been reviewed yet, that hasn't been priced yet, etc.. Past reservation systems didn't help guarantee Acura would supply the dealership with a vehicle in a particular spec (this was clear in the Terms & Conditions of the last Integra reservation program), or that dealerships would sell allocations in a given order (also in the Terms & Conditions). Importantly, it also didn't guarantee a price, that's all up to the dealership (Again, Terms & Conditions).
If you want the car, you're probably better off finding and building a relationship with a trustworthy salesperson at a dealership vs throwing out guesses here. Make sure they know you want the car, work out what they intend to charge over MSRP or accessories they plan to add, get your name on a list, put in a deposit (if they'll take it, and if they'll agree that it's refundable).

Regardless of production numbers, color availability, reservation systems, etc., the vehicle you want is going to belong to a dealership before it belongs to you, so find someone trustworthy and be careful what you believe.

Joe2105

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Speculation seems to be compounding here despite no new info from Acura in over a week, so let's hopefully try to keep it in check.

• Dealerships know very little. Their employees are salespeople and not Acura employees. They're susceptible to rumors and are just as prone to speculation as the rest of us. Take everything they say with a grain of salt. An honest "I don't know" should be worth more than a guess that seems really confident. But, if I really wanted to sell you a car and commit to my dealership, which do you think I'd give?
  • Some dealerships claim to know how many Type-S' they're getting for the rest of the year, some claim to know the color combos they're expecting first, and others (even some high-volume dealerships) insist they don't have any of that information yet. Be careful what you take as fact here, sure seems like there's some speculation mixed.
  • Acura has said the on-sale date will be sometime in June (fact), but they haven't announced how many/what color combos will be available in June/beyond. The Canadian color options for the model year seem fairly certain (leaked slides), and the US color options that are circulating around seem believable enough.
  • There's a rumor that a reservation system will open on May 11th, but Acura hasn't confirmed this yet. There's a rumor that 200 vehicles will be available, but Acura hasn't confirmed this either. People have alluded to these being divvied out through the reservation system like a lottery or raffle... this seems a little unlikely, but choose what you believe. In any case, these are all just rumors, and probably not worth losing any sleep over.
  • IF there is a reservation system, and IF the reservation system is like those Acura has done in the past, then it would just be a means of connecting dealerships with the most interested customers--those willing to put a refundable deposit down on a vehicle that hasn't been built yet, that hasn't been reviewed yet, that hasn't been priced yet, etc.. Past reservation systems didn't help guarantee Acura would supply the dealership with a vehicle in a particular spec (this was clear in the Terms & Conditions of the last Integra reservation program), or that dealerships would sell allocations in a given order (also in the Terms & Conditions). Importantly, it also didn't guarantee a price, that's all up to the dealership (Again, Terms & Conditions).
If you want the car, you're probably better off finding and building a relationship with a trustworthy salesperson at a dealership vs throwing out guesses here. Make sure they know you want the car, work out what they intend to charge over MSRP or accessories they plan to add, get your name on a list, put in a deposit (if they'll take it, and if they'll agree that it's refundable).

Regardless of production numbers, color availability, reservation systems, etc., the vehicle you want is going to belong to a dealership before it belongs to you, so find someone trustworthy and be careful what you believe.
I have a deposit with a dealer only selling to locals at MSRP +$995 accessories and I prefaced everything with "I'm speculating" and "rumors say." It'd be pretty quiet and boring around here if we couldn't speculate and wonder together about our dream car.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R

I agree with this. But, I’ve been hounding the new car sales manager at my dealer. He told me, I’m going to be meeting my Acura rep this week, I’ll let you know what he tells me. I called that Friday, he said he met with him the day prior and was TOLD 200 units for online pre order, they would be disbursed first over June July and August. THEN allocations would roll out in August. Seems like an excessive amount of time to roll out 200 units though…..my 2nd spot in line might not really mean 2nd if others get ahead on pre order.

Joe2105

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I agree with this. But, I’ve been hounding the new car sales manager at my dealer. He told me, I’m going to be meeting my Acura rep this week, I’ll let you know what he tells me. I called that Friday, he said he met with him the day prior and was TOLD 200 units for online pre order, they would be disbursed first over June July and August. THEN allocations would roll out in August. Seems like an excessive amount of time to roll out 200 units though…..my 2nd spot in line might not really mean 2nd if others get ahead on pre order.
That's what my dealer told me as well. I don't ideally want to take delivery until Oct-Dec and he said I'm better off shopping around for a dealer allocation. He said the 200 were expected to come first and that I should shop around elsewhere. The salesperson was as honest as I could hope to be and said I should go to another dealer. Literally no incentive to tell me all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.