• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

25 on Acura Site, no Type S option until summer

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
Yes, and besides the lack of manual transmission, I'd argue the hybrid powertrain in the '25 Civic is superior with same horsepower and significantly more torque with a likely wider powerband than the standard '25 Integra.

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2022 RDX A-Spec
Yeah, the Torque increase is what will help in the hybrid. Really curious why the integra didn't follow suite. Then again im curious how long the integra will stick around . So far I heard from my dealer sales are down about 20% for the starting calendar year. With the price increase again on the model you are looking at 39k for a Aspec-Tech which I think is going to turn more potential buyers away.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Yeah, the Torque increase is what will help in the hybrid. Really curious why the integra didn't follow suite. Then again im curious how long the integra will stick around . So far I heard from my dealer sales are down about 20% for the starting calendar year. With the price increase again on the model you are looking at 39k for a Aspec-Tech which I think is going to turn more potential buyers away.
Agreed. The value proposition of the regular integra just isn't there for me even compared to non-luxury brands like Mazda who offers a more "premium" interior experience IMO.

To be fair, the value proposition of the Type-S isn't really there either though. I got it for the 6spd. :p

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Agreed. The value proposition of the regular integra just isn't there for me even compared to non-luxury brands like Mazda who offers a more "premium" interior experience IMO.

To be fair, the value proposition of the Type-S isn't really there either though. I got it for the 6spd. :p
Yeah, I think when the integra came out , you could get the Aspen-Tech for 36K which wasn't bad. But now with the almost 40k prices tag. Hell if Mazda would update the trans in the Mazda3 from the 6 speed auto, to a 8 or 10 speed that with the turbo would be killer. I think the only thing the intregra has going for it the premium name and the extra year warranty you get on bumper to bumper and powertrain. I do wonder what the price increase will be on the Type-S since it already has seen some. I can't complain though I paid no markup and got it at the original MSRP plus free all weather mats and flaps. If the price was pushing 55K+ at the time I definitely would have possibly looked at other cars......but then again it is such a blast to drive and never gets old.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Yeah, I think when the integra came out , you could get the Aspen-Tech for 36K which wasn't bad. But now with the almost 40k prices tag. Hell if Mazda would update the trans in the Mazda3 from the 6 speed auto, to a 8 or 10 speed that with the turbo would be killer. I think the only thing the intregra has going for it the premium name and the extra year warranty you get on bumper to bumper and powertrain. I do wonder what the price increase will be on the Type-S since it already has seen some. I can't complain though I paid no markup and got it at the original MSRP plus free all weather mats and flaps. If the price was pushing 55K+ at the time I definitely would have possibly looked at other cars......but then again it is such a blast to drive and never gets old.
I have no clue why Mazda only offered manual in their base N/A model.

Even better, I wish they'd release an updated Mazdaspeed 3 wagon putting out somewhere close to 300hp with a 6 spd. That'd be killer.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Remember when the manual was the base option? Mazda's living in the past.

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec

Even better, I wish they'd release an updated Mazdaspeed 3 wagon putting out somewhere close to 300hp with a 6 spd. That'd be killer.
I’ve seen increasing rumors for the return of an RX8 successor. With the going trend of Japanese manufacturers bringing back “halo” models, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mazda eventually jumps on the bandwagon realizing there are still plenty of people out there willing to buy mid-market performance vehicles.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I’ve seen increasing rumors for the return of an RX8 successor. With the going trend of Japanese manufacturers bringing back “halo” models, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mazda eventually jumps on the bandwagon realizing there are still plenty of people out there willing to buy mid-market performance vehicles.
i really hope mitsubishi brings the lancer/evo back

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
It'd be nice if they brought it back FORREAL..in name and in spirit much like it was done with the GTR and NSX and not like the Supra.

Granted those two are priced well above the Supra and I even would've considered the Supra if not for the lack of backseats....but still. I want a true successor to the FD.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Is mitubishi even around still?

I see a handful of them on the roads but have not seen a single dealership in years.
they still make the outlander and mirage but yeah nobody buys them despite how dirt cheap they are

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
they still make the outlander and mirage but yeah nobody buys them despite how dirt cheap they are
They gave me an outlander sport in Maui as a rental and it was surprisingly not terrible.

Not good. But not terrible. I definitely did not feel bad it scrapping on the tree branches as we drove to Hana in it tho and it handled ok enough.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
They gave me an outlander sport in Maui as a rental and it was surprisingly not terrible.

Not good. But not terrible. I definitely did not feel bad it scrapping on the tree branches as we drove to Hana in it tho and it handled ok enough.
i never thought mitsubishi made bad cars. i do wish they would go back to the days when they made more "fun" cars and think they should bring back a 4 door lancer/evo, a 2 door eclipse, and the 3000GT

mitsu discontinued all their fun stuff to focus on more "efficient" hybrids and crossovers and actually have a page on their site dedicated to the lancer & evo and they state there that they have no plans to ever bring them back. it's a dumb missed opportunity because there's obviously a market for them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So my Sales person at Acura stated the regional Acura rep said the Type S model will see a $600-1500 increase ....MSRP is still being working on.