• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

24 A-Spec Tech: what is the one different lug on each wheel (not a lock)?

boldblue737

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech /CX-30, QX-60, Camry
Stupid question but I got my 24 A-Spec Tech with no wheel locks so I purchased the proper black Acura OEM lock set online. I went to get ready to remove an existing lug nut from each wheel and exchange it with a wheel lock lug nut when I noticed each wheel has one lug nut that is longer (sticks out further) and is not a 19mm hex pattern, but appears to be a square pattern. The lug is not a locking lug nut. What is this? Why is it different? Does anyone know the proper socket for it? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've never seen a different lug design unless it was a locking nut... I've attached the best photos I could take quickly... thanks again!

IMG_2737.jpeg

IMG_2739.jpeg

OP
OP

boldblue737

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech /CX-30, QX-60, Camry
I apologize. Figured it out. The dealer had installed a locking wheel lug nuts but it sure isn’t the Acura OEM kind with the flower shaped lock pattern on the outside face. Instead this has odd ridges on the sides of the lug nut (invisible from outside which is cool) that match a socket I found in the glove box. Oh well, time to return the Acura branded OEM locks unless you think the kind with the flower pattern on the face is superior to this which essentially has a non hex, ridged sides pattern… I also wonder if there is an advantage in the locking nuts being MORE visible so a thief would be less likely to even start to mess with it…

Last edited:

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
I recently had an issue when Discount Tire attempted to do a rotate and had difficulty with two of the Acura flower design nuts. Either the key socket or the nut was a little stripped. Learning that I wanted them all off so I didn't have this issue in an emergency roadside situation since I have recently added a spare tire kit. They rolled the dice on potentially breaking a stud but got them off without further issue. I replaced the four with standard nuts. I haven't heard oem wheel theft being an issue in my area.