• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 Acura Integra type S sub replacement

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Hmm I can’t find any difference between aspec tech and type s els. maybe post a clip of a song with time stamp and I can compare. I did it really fast total time less than an hour start to finish. I could have messed up the wiring lol. But I really don’t think so

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I also don’t blast my music. City level 8, highway level 12

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Maybe the amp in the A-Spec is different.?

I'm about to go to a component system using Focal and a Jlaudio HD 900/5 when i get to my amp that's currently installed i'll post the specs.
Excited to see where you take this. I always wanted to run Focal speakers. Are you keeping the factory amp?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I will change the amp to the JL Audio HD900/5
Is the current amp 5 channels? I wasn't sure how it handled the roof speaker's and center speaker.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Any update? It looks like Palindrome will be supporting us. But their FK8 solution was $$

Screenshot_20231030-195057.png

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
But even if we can upgrade the sub, the power can’t be upgraded so what’s the point? The sub OP posted I’ve seen videos of it bumping but of course with more wattage. I compared the upgraded sub to stock today and it may be a little bit better it’s hard to justify if it was worth nearly $200. I’m not mad at all I did it but for people may want to put this more towards the bottom of their wish list.

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FK8 -> 2023 GR Corolla -> 2024 Integra Type S
I was thinking that it is a much more efficient speaker so it sounds louder/ moves more air.

You do not find much of a difference?

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Subwoofers need a dedicated amp. Also 300 watts rms would be the lowest to hear any difference but it's hard to push a 8 inch that hard. I think 10 inches would feel better. I wish there was a better way to mount a box in the trunk.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Subwoofers need a dedicated amp. Also 300 watts rms would be the lowest to hear any difference but it's hard to push a 8 inch that hard. I think 10 inches would feel better. I wish there was a better way to mount a box in the trunk.
Stick it in the spare area.

nebur8

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6
So, update. I’m still waiting on some stuff to clean up my amp install, but I was able to fit alpine type-r with a spacer. I used a wood spacer with the sides cut down and mounted the sub on top.
IMG_2588.jpeg
IMG_2589.jpeg

nebur8

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6
Just to add unless your sub is doing some really impressive excursion. I don’t believe a kit would be needed. See some pics to show the spacing. With the sub being powered by an amp, I don’t get any rattle from the sub hitting the grill.
IMG_2571.jpeg
IMG_2573.jpeg
IMG_2572.jpeg

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
So, update. I’m still waiting on some stuff to clean up my amp install, but I was able to fit alpine type-r with a spacer. I used a wood spacer with the sides cut down and mounted the sub on top.
IMG_2588.jpeg
IMG_2589.jpeg
Where do you plan on putting the amp?