• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 Acura Integra type S sub replacement

OP
OP
GravityGears

GravityGears

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Update on the sub. I think it's broken in now and it sounds incredible compared to the stock sub.
I think this weekend i'm going to take apart the doors and look at what i can do to upgrade those speakers as well. This car really needs a better EQ.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Update on the sub. I think it's broken in now and it sounds incredible compared to the stock sub.
I think this weekend i'm going to take apart the doors and look at what i can do to upgrade those speakers as well. This car really needs a better EQ.
My hero!

preston23

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
What sub did you go with?

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I did this install same way with same sub last weekend, after a few days i still don't really notice the sub lol

OP
OP
GravityGears

GravityGears

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did this install same way with same sub last weekend, after a few days i still don't really notice the sub lol
You upgraded your stock sub to an 8 in rockford punch? And you don't notice a difference? Did you check to see if the sub was working, because i notice a tremendous difference. If you are streaming through spotify maybe check your spotify eq. I did have to change my radio eq settings and make eq adjustments on spotify.

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
It’s one of those things I would have to go back to stock to see. But the sub power level seems much lower than the other speakers in comparison. I got the same sub you listed and wired it for 2 ohms per manual. I changed my car eq to default and tried bass booster, loudness, and pop on Spotify eq and I like pop more. But that helps the woofer even less lol

OP
OP
GravityGears

GravityGears

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s one of those things I would have to go back to stock to see. But the sub power level seems much lower than the other speakers in comparison. I got the same sub you listed and wired it for 2 ohms per manual. I changed my car eq to default and tried bass booster, loudness, and pop on Spotify eq and I like pop more. But that helps the woofer even less lol
You have to set the EQ manually in Spotify those other settings don’t do it justice here is a picture of my Spotify settings and I listen to everything from rock to rap to heavy metal.

IMG_5090.jpeg

IMG_5091.jpeg

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Will try it out thanks

OP
OP
GravityGears

GravityGears

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Will try it out thanks

Also make sure your wiring is correct on the sub and that you bought the 4 ohm sub, so a dual coil 4 ohm sub wired like in this picture will give you the required 2 ohm load. If the sub is wired wrong it won't output the sound correctly.

maxresdefault.jpg

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Yup I noticed the leads needed to be crossed and I’m pretty sure I copied your eq pretty well
IMG_0509.png

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link

OP
OP
GravityGears

GravityGears

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe the amp in the A-Spec is different.?

I'm about to go to a component system using Focal and a Jlaudio HD 900/5 when i get to my amp that's currently installed i'll post the specs.

OP
OP
GravityGears

GravityGears

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I tried to record something with my phone and the bass just doesn't show up in the recording.. well i wish you got better results. I'm real happy, but i am going to upgrade the rest of the system just because i spend so much time in my car.