• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
This is why I’m taking the CS and ITS. I’ll probably have more fun in the ITS honestly. Intersted in the CS though and suspect/hope it will actually be pretty good… can’t help myself. Fast BMWs aren’t perfect, but still have their moments. I’ve had M3s (e46 and f80s) and an an M6 GC comp … they have their way place and the M3 remains a good Jack of all trades imo. I haven’t had a G80 so gonna give it a whirl. I’ll most likely will trade it for a track weapon after its excitement wanes (Z06 when available to me, hopefully later this year) … I’ll keep the ITS for the on-road fun and eventually teach the kids how to drive with it.
You’ll have fun with the M3 CS. It’s a neat car, especially if you get green. I had an M2 CS…and sold it very quickly because it made me want to grab the keys to my 996 or 993.

Your G80 won’t even be in the ballpark of the E46 in the fun department, but that’s the world we live in. If it fills the ‘fast cool auto’ category in your garage, it’s perfect.

That M6 GC is a cool car. Underrated. Pretty.

Really happy we can still get a car like the ITS. I’m going to put a zillion miles on mine.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
52k? I'm gonna have a hard time to justify that as its almost 4K more than my Mustang was fully loaded and all I'd be gaining is(barely) better MPG. If it was cheaper I'd have a MUCH easier time justifying it to myself.
What kind of mpg do you get in the Mustang? GT or EcoBoost?

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
Just wait for the 24 Elantra N. They fixed the nose and they will likely improve the interior and hopefully add power.
The facelift is already revealed in Korea for base Elantra, which shares most of the interior with the N. No major changes, minus a few software tweaks (phone as a key and built in dashcam). Also wouldn't count on more than 10-15 more hp if any. Hyundai and engine reliability do not go hand in hand and given how cheap they sell it for they probably don't have a ton of margin to pay for engine warranty work.
this .... all day long. we're buying a house sometime in the next year so we're narrowing down our (read: my) silly 4 car setup. i'm ditching my '22 GT4 manual and my wife's Yukon AT4 (only because i promised i'll get her another one) to combine them into an "all rounder" track day, commuter, dad car = incoming M3CS ... but part of me thinks that with the freakin' auto, i may be disappointed in the fun factor (and i have a lot of fun in my '22 Civic Si, btw!) .. i'm HOPING that the CS sauce will be enough to keep me engaged for at least a while. but, the ITS basically is a more fun, albeit slower and less bougie, M3. could it be the MORE fun alternative to an M3 these days?

and THAT comparison of an M3 vs ITS (not a novel idea by me) is why the ITS price is over $50k, imo. M3s are going for over $100k nowadays (manuals are probably around $80k) so the ITS begins to look like an absolute bargain. and the ITS is likely more fun. the buyer of this car will need to have FUN at the top of their priorities list.
I don't understand why you'd say the ITS is a bargain compared to the M3 when the M3 is one, if not two tiers above the ITS in literally every metric other than perhaps shifter feel.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
I was quoted $55k plus taxes and fees on a Type R yesterday and $39k for the SI from three different dealers in the past week. GA dealer, FL dealer and TN dealer.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
There are zero base IS500's in the US. The only ones being imported are the fully loaded premiums around 67k.

The CT-4 BW is close to 70 with "must have" options and most dealers are putting on 10k ADM.

RS3 is impossible to find because the wiring harnesses were made in Ukraine and they can't make anymore until they spin up a new factory and if you do find one on a lot they want 20k ADM.

The S3 and G70 (and the IS and CT4) are also much smaller, particularly in the back seat than the ITS.

The 340 and S4 are good comparbles though. They will be faster and nicer than the ITS, but don't have a stick. And there will likely be some missing features on the Germans for the sub 55k price (although things ITS is missing like memory and a sunroof will be there).
It will be interesting to see what the car market is like in 6 months if the stock market is down another 20% and we're in serious recession.

Stocks are still very high and the trillions in stimulus are still inflating the car market.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
After sitting on this news for the whole day, I think I'm out too. Such a bad performance value proposition. Honda/Acura knows this (and the CTR) is the only serious FWD hot hatch and decided to price according to the supply/demand curve. I've been a Honda fan for the last decade, but this really turns off the typical enthusiast. I still think they make great mainstream cars, just out of touch with the average Honda enthusiast. I'm seriously considering trading in my Integra for a Mazda3 Turbo AWD this weekend to replace my DD. My local dealer has one in stock and is offering it for $1600 under MSRP so I'll probably only need to put in $3-4k. I didn't get one before because Acura had announced the return of the Type S in 2018 and I was anticipating a Civic-based Type S hatch. Being the Honda fan that I am, I've been getting the sportiest Honda/Acura hatches (other than CTR- not looking for a FWD track car, just a DD here). Then after over 5 years of waiting, this is what we get. The Integra isn't my only MT car, I can put my ITS money in my other cars (ie. supercharge my FR-S and maybe even RSX-S) and save up for whatever EV sport car Honda or Toyota will come out with later this decade that will blow away any ICE competition. It's been real, and for those of you still moving forward, props to you and enjoy your ITS for the rest of us.

(PS: that sounds like I'm signing off the forum but I don't mean for this to be my last post here. We should all really just blame COVID for this)

Last edited:

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
It will be interesting to see what the car market is like in 6 months if the stock market is down another 20% and we're in serious recession.

Stocks are still very high and the trillions in stimulus are still inflating the car market.
im eager to see what the housing market will look like by then cause I'm looking to buy...but not at the ridiculous prices. Cars are expensive but homes are just outrageous these days.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Last-ditch attempt to lock in profits before sales collapse. Aside from the several thousand Integras per quarter, Acura passenger cars aren’t selling. It’ll be interesting to see the next several quarters. Not looking good. Same goes for Honda and, to a lesser degree, Toyota. And Mazda is pretty desperate as well.
and Acura dealers are DISCOUNTING Integras now...a dealer in chicago has quoted me $1500 below MSRP and thats BEFORE the competitors rebate...$2000 off MSRP.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A lot of people were expecting ~$48k.

$52k is $4k more than what people were expecting, more than 8% of the total price people were expecting.

Also, where is there $8k in value over the CTR? The seats are heated, but not as nice, and not real leather. You get a HUD with limited functionality, and you get a nice stereo system. That's it. You could maybe justify that as being $4k of value. Maybe. But $8k? No way.
before pricing was even factored into the equation I was already preaching that Acura/Honda were getting over on consumers...its pretty clear with this pricing that Acura feels they can charge whatever they want and people will pay it even if the Integra Type S efforts over the CTR are embarssingly minimal at best. Honda has been dropping content (yet dramatically raising prices on EVERYTHING since the 11th gen Civic debuted) it really comes as no surprise to me that the car is priced so expensively.

What is funny though is that many thought the MSRP of this car would be cheaper than it is because of the lack of basic luxury amenities like (sunroof, power passenger's seat, memory seats, etc) and yet Honda still priced it at $52K and really added nothing of real value over the TypeR...even the fender flares are an afterthought LOL.

The ILX was more distingished from the Civic than this new Integra is from the 11th gen Civic. Honda and Acura are getting over on consumers, apparently its working to some degree because the Integra is selling HOWEVER, dealerships are starting to really discount the Integra while Civics are still selling closer (if not more to MSRP)

Hondas strategy from the beginning has been to STRIP its cars of basic content (some of which previous generations had for several generations) raise the prices, then add that content into Acura's equivalent models and jack the prices even higher. Theyve basically taken the Civic's interior and put it in virtually every new car (CR-V, HR-V, Accord, Integra, etc) to cut costs.

You can literally get a fully loaded GolfR with more content, AWD, similar power, etc for about $8K less than the ITS. Volkswagen is just a redesigned interior away from getting my money.

But I have no doubt that this thing will sell..and SALES arent really even the point anyway. If they wanted volume they'd offer the car with a DCT or automatic.

Its just a shame that this car is such a missed opportunity in so many ways. For me it was the lack of luxury content, for a lot of you its the pricing. As I said weeks ago, Honda/Acura can build some of the best products but they will f**k it up with their packaging and pricing. I never put a deposit down on the ITS because I KNEW that somehow, someway Acura would blunder like they always do.

AHM strikes again lol. Now we wait and see what they do to the TLX and RDX updates/redesigns, I dont have high hopes for either.

Last edited:

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
52k is my limit. I will patiently wait and see how everything shakes out for the CTR and ITS pricing.

Coming from long term owner of S2000 and currently a 987.2 Cayman, the luxury features that people are stuck on makes me laugh. I gravitated to purist sports cars that has a low seating position with a rev happy engine and a 6-speed. Now I want to prioritize a compliant ride, more storage space, and most importantly, a nice feeling shifter which ITS seems to deliver. My manual yard stick will always be the S2000. First thing I installed in the Cayman was a short shifter kit as the stock plastic shifter is total crap. I think Honda is second to none in shifter feel and if they beefed up the transmission to even improve on the FK8 and got rid of 2nd gear grind that plagues Honda/Acuras, that would be the main selling point for me. Closer to 3000 curb weight would be better but 3200 is acceptable. The driver interaction and input points to me for the CTR/ITS is much more compelling than any of the 50k+ competitors cited so far in the thread. If it doesn't have an engaging driving experience with a manual, I'd rather drive a Prius.

CTR/ITS seems to deliver the perfect blend of what I want in a car with the fantastic shifter, 4 doors, and reasonable running costs. I do believe ITS won't be marked up as heavily as the CTR over time as it won't be limited production as the CTR and that it'll be produced in and exclusively for the North America market. I will wait and buy whichever can be had for closest to MSRP between the CTR and ITS. A lot of folks in the CivicXI forum are having a difficult time to find a CTR w/ less than 8k ADM and that already puts the car at 52k. That will push people to ITS if Acura NA is pumping these out but we'll soon see what impact it has on prices.
Man I feel like I made this post lol but I agree with everything you said.

I also changed the flimsy plastic shifter in my FK8 to a fully adjustable stage 3 Acuity shift kit (https://acuityinstruments.com/products/v2_10th_gen_civic_stage_3_shift_kit). The quality and feel of this thing is unmatched. Honda did not want to admit to the horrible gear grinds in the FK8 but seemed to finally have it dialed in for the FL5.

I was on a mission for the past 2 months and finally got a deal for 55K OTD for an FL5 that lands in the next coming weeks. In the beginning 57/58 would've been a steal. I have no problem paying this 5K ADM but no way would I have done it for the ITS since 52/54 OTD is where I thought I’d be for a car that won’t be limited at all. Anyone can go Acura and have their pick at multiple Type S models and A Spec Integras.

Last edited:

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
The facelift is already revealed in Korea for base Elantra, which shares most of the interior with the N. No major changes, minus a few software tweaks (phone as a key and built in dashcam). Also wouldn't count on more than 10-15 more hp if any. Hyundai and engine reliability do not go hand in hand and given how cheap they sell it for they probably don't have a ton of margin to pay for engine warranty work.

I don't understand why you'd say the ITS is a bargain compared to the M3 when the M3 is one, if not two tiers above the ITS in literally every metric other than perhaps shifter feel.
You don’t understand bc you’re looking at metrics. By the spec sheet, sure, maybe they’re at the right spot. However, shifter feel is a big, big factor for people looking to still buy manuals. Also, some may place value on a hatch vs sedan.

However, the biggest category where the ITS might have the m3 beat is “fun”. That’s the x-factor that a lot of people overlook when they’re reading spec sheets. it’s highly subjective and hard to describe or quantify. It’s also hard to explain to people who only look at features, performance figures etc. but everyone values all this stuff differently, so just because it’s worth it to me for these things, doesn’t mean it will automatically appeal to other people in the same way. And that’s okay!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Man I feel like I made this post lol but I agree with everything you said.

I also changed the flimsy plastic shifter in my FK8 to a fully adjustable stage 3 Acuity shift kit (https://acuityinstruments.com/products/v2_10th_gen_civic_stage_3_shift_kit). The quality and feel of this thing is unmatched. Honda did not want to admit to the horrible gear grinds in the FK8 but seemed to finally have it dialed in for the FL5.

I was on a mission for the past 2 months and finally got a deal for 55K OTD for an FL5 that lands in the next coming weeks. In the beginning 57/58 would've been a steal. I have no problem paying this 5K ADM but no way would I have done it for the ITS since 52/54 OTD is where I thought I’d be for a car that won’t be limited at all. Anyone can go Acura and have their pick at multiple Type S models and A Spec Integras.
Production numbers will be interesting. I have read that dealers don't get too many TLX Type S in a year maybe 8 to 10 at most. The first 2 years they were only making 2k of them. It's still a rare car I have only seen 1 on the road. Even the standard integra I have only seen 2 or 3 this year. Now Civic's I have seen a bunch, no FL5's yet. But to the average person the FL5 looks like a riced up Civic if they don't know any better.