• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
It’s the gearing. Shifting into 3rd to hit 60 because 2nd gear peaks at like 58mph costs at least half a second. Straight line times isn’t something many care about anymore. They want low fat tq and gearing so they can ring out some gears legally on the street. This makes it more fun on the street but makes the times on paper disappointing.

If the gears were a bit longer and you could hit 60 in 2nd, it’s easily a mid to low 6 second car.
Eh, fair point.

Desert Driver

First Name
Simmons
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra ASpec Tech 6MT in liquid carbon metallic
... so you really have to be okay with paying extra strictly for the luxury amenities.
I'd suggest that's always been the case, even before the reviews. Throw on summer tires and, my take from the reviews, is that it's pretty much the same dynamic as the Civic Si. But yes, you're paying for the luxury. Acura is a luxury brand, after all (or at least premium).

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Yup. 37k isn't chump change. Great car for non-enthusiasts and any car with a manual is good for enthusiasts, but I'm not interested in the base Integra anymore because I'm not desperate for a car and the Type-S has to be a better value than the 200HP Integra's. Not at all impressed with how much some people are willing to stick their neck to defend a multi-trillion dollar conglomerate with excuses more than even Acura sale reps. Definitely not a bad vehicle, but I'm not excited for it anymore.
I mostly agree. The base, even in 6MT configuration, isn't exactly for enthusiasts.
It's for someone who want the badge, features, "luxury" without giving up the fun part.
Remember when a lot of compact luxury cars came in manual?
I'm actually a huge fan of the concept so I've been so close to buying one multiple times.
But every single time I just couldn't get over their base engines. G70 had crappy 6MT too but that wasn't the only reason.
I think the Integra 6MT is exactly like them with a little more sport compact flavor added to it. (minus the RWD dynamics)

I am still excited about the car and I will test drive one if possible, but I just feel like I'm gonna have to wait for the Type-S.
But that's just my personal preference so I still think the A-spec 6MT can be a very good option for other people.

I can't imagine the manual version to be that much more fun than a tuned fully loaded Civic Hatchback either so you really have to be okay with paying extra strictly for the luxury amenities.
The hatch doesn't come with the LSD. That's a huge difference.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
they just decided 200HP was a reasonable amount so long as they didn’t have to invest more money in the engine R&D budget.
This. Maybe if the market was better, like pre covid they would have put a bit more into it. But keeping core things the same on several platforms is important these days. The motor isn’t maxed out. Honda and their conservative nature just thinks it’s enough.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yup. 37k isn't chump change. Great car for non-enthusiasts and any car with a manual is good for enthusiasts, but I'm not interested in the base Integra anymore because I'm not desperate for a car and the Type-S has to be a better value than the 200HP Integra's. Not at all impressed with how much some people are willing to stick their neck to defend a multi-trillion dollar conglomerate with excuses more than even Acura sale reps. Definitely not a bad vehicle, but I'm not excited for it anymore. I can't imagine the manual version to be that much more fun than a tuned fully loaded Civic Hatchback either so you really have to be okay with paying extra strictly for the luxury amenities.
People do that everyday. Pay extra for luxury stuff. Some see value in it. Several car companies survive just on that alone. Some don’t see the value. But I don’t think anyone is defending Honda/Acura in their choices. Of course I would have loved more power and a different auto transmission. Things I’ve said are more related to bringing alarming concerns about things we’ve seen in reviews back to earth. Doesn’t mean it’s ideal or that Honda can do no wrong. But that the decisions aren’t that bad.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
One of the reviewers said they had a lot of idle time and really ragged on it and got 31mpg. On the way back to return it got over 40mpg... Decent tradeoff for only 200hp

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Just noticed on Raiti’s new video with CVT. He put it in manual shift mode with the paddles. Something Redline and Kirk didn’t do, they just smashed it in Drive.

But starting in “first” with paddles (which rumor has it unlocks the true sport mode), he got wheel spin! Nice.

It looks like it gets moving much faster than before with clearly a more aggressive launch. If Redline did this, that 7.1 might drop to around 6.9.

And he talked about it holding gears. And how it behaves very differently than even the CVT in the civic. Acura did a nice job tweaking it imo.

Last edited:

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
First non-tech A-spec review walk around. Nothing different other than the screen which he didn't really get into

Last edited by a moderator:

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
Anyone expecting more reviews to come out? Especially now that cars are starting to get out there in the wild? I'm hoping Savage Geese gets an opportunity to put it up on a lift and run their standard tests, but I imagine they wont touch it again unless there's a new talking point. (Type S?)

Desert Driver

First Name
Simmons
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra ASpec Tech 6MT in liquid carbon metallic
Has Doug DeMuro done a review? I think he and maybe a couple others haven't yet...

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The Straight Pipes and Throttle House both haven't either. Hopefully they do, but YMMV on their content though.
I do like Throttle House--they were a bit braggy (and rightfully so) about the much better equipped Canadian Civic Si. I suspect they'll have a lot to say about the price tag for the Canadian Integra.