• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OP
OP
vicembn

vicembn

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 acura integra
Are those the stock springs (blk)? I thought Eibach Sportlines where red springs?
Yes , sorry for the bad picture. The ones in the pic are the stock springs (black). And the eibachs are indeed red I just never snagged a pic

OP
OP
vicembn

vicembn

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 acura integra
Love the look. Going to order my Eibach lowering springs soon!

I saw comments about spacers, what size spacers you going for? And would there be a possibility of needing longer studs to ensure proper tightening of the lug nuts?
Love the look. Going to order my Eibach lowering springs soon!

I saw comments about spacers, what size spacers you going for? And would there be a possibility of needing longer studs to ensure proper tightening of the lug nuts?
if you scroll up and look at “JC-RH” profile he has a really detailed post about what spacers he ran for perfect fitment. I went with aftermarket wheels if you want to see my new post. As for needing longer studs that would only be necessary if you go with a small slip on spacer like a 10mm, but for example if you use a 25mm spacer the wheel will bolt on to the studs on the spacer

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Did the Eibach springs come with at least adequate instructions? Eibach has "instructions" on their website, but they are only 2 pages. Page 1 tells you you will likely kill yourself and your car will assplode, if you try to DIY and aren't a rocket surgeon, and page 2 only tells you to trim the bump stops, which I think at least one person has said is unnecessary. So, no help at all.

I've watched the AHC Garage video, and am relatively confident I can do this myself. I have access to a lift, so that will make it much easier. The most important bits of information I don't know are the torque values for all the fasteners. There are no instructions listed for the camber arms.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Does it give a reason why to trim bump stops? Bump stops exist to protect the dampers.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It does not. I'm pretty sure someone who has done them here said trimming them isn't necessary. The guys at AHC garage trimmed them on the video I watched.

OP
OP
vicembn

vicembn

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 acura integra
Did the Eibach springs come with at least adequate instructions? Eibach has "instructions" on their website, but they are only 2 pages. Page 1 tells you you will likely kill yourself and your car will assplode, if you try to DIY and aren't a rocket surgeon, and page 2 only tells you to trim the bump stops, which I think at least one person has said is unnecessary. So, no help at all.

I've watched the AHC Garage video, and am relatively confident I can do this myself. I have access to a lift, so that will make it much easier. The most important bits of information I don't know are the torque values for all the fasteners. There are no instructions listed for the camber arms.
Zero Instructions came in the box with the springs. Besides recommending to trim the bump stops, which I did. I actually installed these springs myself at home with the help of a friend. I relied on the AHC Garage video and also some videos on spring installs from the 2022 civic si. I bought a Strut spring compressor to ensure safety and do the job “right”, which I’ll paste the link. For Torque specs, I found a PDF on specs for a 2022 civic si and I just used the same for my Integra. Rear camber arms were the most pain (driver side) because it’s so crammed. I have 2 torque wrenches, one being fairly small, on the driver side wasn’t able to torque one of the main inner bolts so I got it as tight as possible with an offset wrench and also a ratchet wrench . No direct instruction videos so I just tried doing everything correctly.

(Spring Compression Tool)
8MILELAKE Macpherson Strut Spring... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DP2CDJU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zero Instructions came in the box with the springs. Besides recommending to trim the bump stops, which I did. I actually installed these springs myself at home with the help of a friend. I relied on the AHC Garage video and also some videos on spring installs from the 2022 civic si. I bought a Strut spring compressor to ensure safety and do the job “right”, which I’ll paste the link. For Torque specs, I found a PDF on specs for a 2022 civic si and I just used the same for my Integra. Rear camber arms were the most pain (driver side) because it’s so crammed. I have 2 torque wrenches, one being fairly small, on the driver side wasn’t able to torque one of the main inner bolts so I got it as tight as possible with an offset wrench and also a ratchet wrench . No direct instruction videos so I just tried doing everything correctly.

(Spring Compression Tool)
8MILELAKE Macpherson Strut Spring... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DP2CDJU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Thanks for the information. Would you mind posting a link to the torque specs you found?

morjx

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I'm a little hesitant to install aftermarket springs because of the adaptive suspension.

Any issues with the adaptive dampers?

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
The system will continue to work as expected. Except the inherent CHANCE that the OEM shocks will prematurely wear due to using a lowering spring.