• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

1 year of ownership a-spec

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
yesterday was my 1 year of ownership of an a-spec CVT, everything is good with the car
zero problems ( i know some people have had issues ) nothing has been defective for me,
other then some rattles, all on the passenger side, dash, speaker cover(s) coming from a TLX
i thought the ride & noise would be a problem, but it's nothing that is to extreme, overall i really
like the handling & the gas mileage, very good handling car, i do think the seats need a little more
padding & side bolstering, the stereo is top notch ( wish it had a cd player )
i've had all kinds of cars want to race me, i guess they think it's a " hot rod " ( wish i had
the type s for that ) & it's not, overall it's been a very nice car, very few complains with this car,
i am surprised with the CVT, i wish it was the dual clutch, but up & down shifts are quick, not the
kind of trans to race with, but with all the cars on the roads i don't get much chance to really open it
up, that's why the handling is nice, that's my fun, seeing how fast i can go around corners,

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I'm sure the car is great but I wouldve gotten a civic if it was CVT and saved 15 grand.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm sure the car is great but I wouldve gotten a civic if it was CVT and saved 15 grand.
How do you figure? Sport touring hatch is $32k

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2022 RDX A-Spec
Civic Touring Hatch is 32545 Integra A-Spec Tech is 37695, So lets say more like 5 grand. Plus you get a HUD, ELS, Active Dampers, sound deadening, more power, and extra year of warranty...The whole debate of the integra not being worth the cost and just buy a Civic is just getting old the cars are really not that far off in price.

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
The Civic EX Sedan is $26,801 no mark ups. You can live without HUD, ELS is decent, cant really feel anything with active dampers. I need to drive my friend's CVT but I agree with OP that the transmission should have been the dual clutch from the old ILX or even a ZF.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The Civic EX Sedan is $26,801 no mark ups. You can live without HUD, ELS is decent, cant really feel anything with active dampers. I need to drive my friend's CVT but I agree with OP that the transmission should have been the dual clutch from the old ILX or even a ZF.
It's a base model sedan not a hatch.
I can't wait to see your take on the FL5 or DE5🤣

wagood

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra 6MT
I don’t think it’s that comparable to the regular civic sedan. You’re getting the improved platform bits from the si, it’s a “hatchback” body style, and like others said you’re getting a more premium ownership experience with acura’s warranty, roadside assistance, and dealership.

Like I wouldn’t compare a non-GLI jetta to a GTI and say get the jetta since it’s cheaper, totally different cars.

OP
OP
Wojo

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
i can't do stick anymore on a regular basic ( hand injury ) so the CVT was it, i do miss
a stick shift, when i was pricing the civic was marked up to almost the same as a-spec,
so no to the civic, also acura gave me about $1,700 off for a loyalty discount, i'm getting
old now, so this might be my last car, i wanted all the bells & whistles, with 16k of driving the
first year, no issues at all, even most of the rattles have gone away