• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I know it doesn't travel well through the innerwebzies, but my post was dripping with sarcasm. This is the car I want. If the Type S does turn out to be that much better, I can always trade up later. For right now, I just need to get out of the Tacoma. For a truck it's pretty good; I'm just not a truck guy.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I know it doesn't travel well through the innerwebzies, but my post was dripping with sarcasm. This is the car I want. If the Type S does turn out to be that much better, I can always trade up later. For right now, I just need to get out of the Tacoma. For a truck it's pretty good; I'm just not a truck guy.
totally hear you. Iā€™ve been driving an MDX for 9 years. Itā€™s a fine SUV and doesnā€™t feel like a truck, but Iā€™ve never been a truck guy or SUV guy. So Iā€™m thrilled to be getting back into a smaller car as soon as possible. Iā€™d rather not wait another 1-2 years for a type S.

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
All I would like to see is CTR levels of zoot and their SH-AWD, and of course, a 6MT. If it's announced and they start taking reservations before I get an A Spec, I'll move my deposit to the Type S. I can wait. I'd prefer not to wait, but I can...I think.
I too was hoping for SH-AWD in the Type S, but Jonathan Rivers (project leader with Acura) has said the SH-AWD system won't come to the Integra--I believe this was on the AMA he participated in on IntegraTalk. If true, it'd be a shame. It has me expecting the Type S to come in a traditional automatic (rather than the CVT), no 6MT, with performance somewhere between the 2.0T Accord and CTR.... aka a CTR with a little more luxury (like a sunroof) for someone who doesn't want to row their own gears.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
I too was hoping for SH-AWD in the Type S, but Jonathan Rivers (project leader with Acura) has said the SH-AWD system won't come to the Integra--I believe this was on the AMA he participated in on IntegraTalk. If true, it'd be a shame. It has me expecting the Type S to come in a traditional automatic (rather than the CVT), no 6MT, with performance somewhere between the 2.0T Accord and CTR.... aka a CTR with a little more luxury (like a sunroof) for someone who doesn't want to row their own gears.
If the type S only comes in auto then I'll probably just wait for am updated integra with whatever new features they decide to give us and then give it my own type S treatment

dadcab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura RDX PMC, 2017 Acura MDX Advance
I absolutely love this thread. Here we are 8 months from the last post and what do we know?

- 320hp and a 6MT.

Some of you were close to reality.

We will know more in a week or so. I am hoping the original yellow will be available. I am not a fan of the tiger eye. I suspect the price will be $49k before the ridiculous markups. I am also hoping for the SH-AWD but that is very unlikely.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
If thereā€™s ADMā€™s no one should buy them. Thatā€™s the only way to stop this. But in keeping with the Jonesā€™sā€¦. Idiots will buy.

dadcab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura RDX PMC, 2017 Acura MDX Advance
If thereā€™s ADMā€™s no one should buy them. Thatā€™s the only way to stop this. But in keeping with the Jonesā€™sā€¦. Idiots will buy.
I agree. I won't buy if there is any kind of add on.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Lots of Acura dealers without adm.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
I have my name on 3 lists nearby. None of them said if there would be ADM which makes me think there is. Iā€™ll have to start calling around more I suppose , but Iā€™d prefer to just buy one nearby.

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I have my name on 3 lists nearby. None of them said if there would be ADM which makes me think there is. Iā€™ll have to start calling around more I suppose , but Iā€™d prefer to just buy one nearby.
Might be easier to call the 3 that have you on their list and ask them to commit to MSRP.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I think its been known for a while now Type S is Type R with more features like parking sensors, heated seats, leather and more sound deadening.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m hoping for.

Mike

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
Good to know. I hope it stays that way.

The first several Acura dealers I called in my area regarding the Type S are asking $5-15K over MSRP. All stating the reason behind the ADM was due to the asking prices for the Civic Type R and overall limited availability.

Luckily, I found an MSRP dealer less than 2 hours from me and they have confirmed MSRP for the Type S. I reserved their first allocation.

Mike

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Iā€™m predicting a reveal between this Friday & next Friday. šŸ˜‚

Seriously though, Acura. Cā€™mon wit it. My curiosities & anticipations are starting to affect my daily life.