• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I have 2 questions:

1. Possibly voiding warranty. I had a Mk6 GTI with an APR Stage 1 tune. The place that did the tune left the stock tune on and made it so I could switch to the stock tune using the cruise control buttons. Apparently VW dealers hated tunes and would delete them if they saw them. If I had to take the car to the dealer for warranty work, I could switch to the stock tune and then switch back after I retrieved the car. It would also have worked had I not been able to find premium fuel. Can something like that be set up, or is it possible to switch via the app, or will the tune automatically compensate for less than premium fuel, if I needed gas and couldn't find premium?

2. Rev Hang. It looks like Hondata can tune it away, or at least reduce it, so that's good. I was going to ask about flat foot shifting, but the Googlez had the answer. It seems similar to what the quick shifter on my motorcycle allows me to do. Seems okay, but would be much more fun if the Integra had a sequential shift transmission. ;)
My local VW dealer was at one point ALSO an APR dealer.

Tux_Integra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
No Jailbreaking is needed. Just connect and upload a calibration. The calibration we provide is tuned to make the maximum torque (with a safety margin) within the capabilities of the stock clutch. So, it is a race tune, but tested in a stock daily driver Integra.

The CARB FlashPro does not allow changes to emissions related parameters like fuel and ignition, but you can change everything else. You can increase the boost and power though. We make the software freely downloadable so you can see for yourself.

The calibrations will automatically adjust to higher octane fuels and give more power.
How many calibration do you have now? I want to make sure that everything is safe for my engine to drive for the daily user and not pushing my engine to hard so it's not damaged.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Car(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
We have one tested calibration. More will come, but the limit is the stock clutch. The calibration is safe, We have 10s of thousands of users happy with their Hondata tuned calibrations. The calibration provides a 12% increase in mid-range torque and a 2% increase in peak power.

Tux_Integra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
We have one tested calibration. More will come, but the limit is the stock clutch. The calibration is safe, We have 10s of thousands of users happy with their Hondata tuned calibrations. The calibration provides a 12% increase in mid-range torque and a 2% increase in peak power.
This is only when the car is in sport mode and the other modes are on stock?

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I know nothing about these things, as you could probably tell. Does the Flashpro remain attached to the OBD port, or is it just attached for tuning, then removed?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I know nothing about these things, as you could probably tell. Does the Flashpro remain attached to the OBD port, or is it just attached for tuning, then removed?
Just attached for tuning.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
This is only when the car is in sport mode and the other modes are on stock?
I’m almost positive the hondata tune is all or nothing. It affects all modes. So once flashed, the drive modes will only change suspension and steering feel. The “engine” setting will be the same across the board.

Ktuners has multiple base maps. They offer an all or nothing as well. But also offer dual tunes which makes normal/comfort different than sport.

And then Phearable’s tune affects all drive modes like hondatas. But you can change the boost via cruise control buttons.

Lots of different flavors available.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Just attached for tuning.
Thank you. I would imagine you would also have to have it attached to view diagnostics or any of the wazoo gauges on your phone or the head unit that I've seen in some of my poking about.

Yep...now I think I want to unlock Android Auto, or whatever it's called to allow it to act like it really should. ;)

I’m almost positive the hondata tune is all or nothing. It affects all modes. So once flashed, the drive modes will only change suspension and steering feel. The “engine” setting will be the same across the board.

Ktuners has multiple base maps. They offer an all or nothing as well. But also offer dual tunes which makes normal/comfort different than sport.

And then Phearable’s tune affects all drive modes like hondatas. But you can change the boost via cruise control buttons.

Lots of different flavors available.
For someone starting at square one, the only thing I can say for sure is there appears to be too many choices to make an uneducated guess. Of course, trying to decide in an Integra-less vacuum doesn't make it any easier.

Right now, I think I'd spend most of my time driving around with the car set to the individual mode. I would set that up similar to what the "Nurburgring Mode" is in the Golf R. Basically just about everything in Sport mode with a softer setting on the dampers. Apparently "the ring" is a little bumpy - just like most public roads.

I'd probably need just one map with a little more zoot that applied across all modes alongside the stock one, so I could switch to it in case finding 93 was a problem.

Thanks again for all the help.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Thank you. I would imagine you would also have to have it attached to view diagnostics or any of the wazoo gauges on your phone or the head unit that I've seen in some of my poking about.

Yep...now I think I want to unlock Android Auto, or whatever it's called to allow it to act like it really should. ;)

For someone starting at square one, the only thing I can say for sure is there appears to be too many choices to make an uneducated guess. Of course, trying to decide in an Integra-less vacuum doesn't make it any easier.

Right now, I think I'd spend most of my time driving around with the car set to the individual mode. I would set that up similar to what the "Nurburgring Mode" is in the Golf R. Basically just about everything in Sport mode with a softer setting on the dampers. Apparently "the ring" is a little bumpy - just like most public roads.

I'd probably need just one map with a little more zoot that applied across all modes alongside the stock one, so I could switch to it in case finding 93 was a problem.

Thanks again for all the help.
Yes to the above. I plan to get Ktuner v2 and run the stage 1 18psi tune across the board. Simple and safe.