• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

World Rally Blue Pearl 2022 Subaru BRZ Limited 6-Speed Manual vs Liquid Carbon Metalic / Red 2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6-Speed Manual - Help!!

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
World Rally Blue Pearl 2022 Subaru BRZ Limited 6-Speed Manual vs Liquid Carbon Metalic / Red 2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6-Speed Manual - Help!!

I’m currently carless, however, I do work at home and can Uber for food. For now anyway, however, it’s getting old fast. Yet I can hold out if I have to for something else. I just can’t properly live my life that way, get to the doctors or the gym as often ETC.

I can get the BRZ above tomorrow at a $5500 markup or wait for May for the Integra at MSRP. Both will run about the same money in the end as the cheaper BRZ is marked up ($40K or just under out the door) with the BRZ being a fair amount more upgradable, sporty, and faster (lighter, more HP even before aftermarket upgrades) the Integra being a fair amount more luxurious, safer with Acura Watch, and better on gas. Nicer stereo too.

The Integra is down in power and up in weight all while using the same engine from the Civic Si that was already down in power at a lower weight. And will the Acura suspension really be as tight as an Si or CTR or an upgraded BRZ? Or will it feel like a TLX non-Type-S, merely OK.

While the GR86/BRZ is a very known quality that is time tested fun, now with a bit more NA torque and power. And it’s going to be very fun to upgrade with all that after market support. A lack of stereo and driver aids though might kill the 2022 GR86/BRZ for me personally before the markups do. I do feel the 2022 GR86/BRZ is a nice car to have before it all goes electric.

Perhaps I should do nothing and just wait for more HP all around. Something like the GR Hot Hatch, the Type-R Civic, or the Type-S Integra. I just don’t trust the CTR to have a comfy seat. Those squishy seats and metal bars are a bad combo if you are a bigger person. And then you can’t tie your shoe hanging out the car with a metal bar in your seat side bolsters - completely unnecessary. Of course the Integra will have thebest seat comfort, perhaps the GR Hot Hatch too.

Last edited:

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.

I’m currently carless, however, I do work at home and can Uber for food. For now anyway, however, it’s getting old fast. Yet I can hold out if I have to for something else. I just can’t properly live my life that way, get to the doctors or the gym as often ETC.

I can get the BRZ above tomorrow at a $5500 markup or wait for May for the Integra at MSRP. Both will run about the same money in the end as the cheaper BRZ is marked up ($40K or just under out the door) with the BRZ being a fair amount more upgradable, sporty, and faster (lighter, more HP even before aftermarket upgrades) the Integra being a fair amount more luxurious, safer with Acura Watch, and better on gas. Nicer stereo too.

The Integra is down in power and up in weight all while using the same engine from the Civic Si that was already down in power at a lower weight. And will the Acura suspension really be as tight as an Si or CTR or an upgraded BRZ? Or will it feel like a TLX non-Type-S, merely OK.

While the GR86/BRZ is a very known quality that is time tested fun, now with a bit more NA torque and power. And it’s going to be very fun to upgrade with all that after market support. A lack of stereo and driver aids though might kill the 2022 GR86/BRZ for me personally before the markups do. I do feel the 2022 GR86/BRZ is a nice car to have before it all goes electric.

Perhaps I should do nothing and just wait for more HP all around. Something like the GR Hot Hatch, the Type-R Civic, or the Type-S Integra. I just don’t trust the CTR to have a comfy seat. Those squishy seats and metal bars are a bad combo if you are a bigger person. And then you can’t tie your shoe hanging out the car with a metal bar in your seat side bolsters - completely unnecessary. Of course the Integra will have thebest seat comfort, perhaps the GR Hot Hatch too.
Biggest question to ask is if you need it now and can’t wait then go for it. I will say though that if you can figure out to get MSRP on the BRZ then that will be great. The GR86/BRZ are both great cars. This generation is far superior compared to the first Gen version. The Integra also has a great potential to be something worth waiting for though. Although it will be a bit heavier then Si, the driving characteristics are still there. From Handling to the 6 speed manual, it’s going to be a great car. Type S could amplify this hopefully but like I mentioned before, it won’t be a Type R performance version.

As for the GR Corolla, keep in mind 6 speed Manual at launch, AWD, 3 Cylinders of 268 HP in a traditional hatchback sounds fantastic as well. Lots of variables to consider.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Tough call. Rwd vs fwd is a big thing too. I have a rwd car and I honestly prefer fwd for around town shenanigans. $5500 is A LOT of markup. Idk if I could stomach that.

I’m in a similar situation with keeping my new bronco sport or trading it for the integra. Pros and cons both ways.

From a value and resale pov the tegs is the obvious choice. Especially with an extra 5500 on the brz. But if you need it now and plan to keep it for a long time, neither might matter to you.

Comfort seems important to you. I follow this guy on YouTube who owns a CTR and new brz. He says the CTR seats are more comfortable which says a lot.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Tough call. Rwd vs fwd is a big thing too. I have a rwd car and I honestly prefer fwd for around town shenanigans. $5500 is A LOT of markup. Idk if I could stomach that.

I’m in a similar situation with keeping my new bronco sport or trading it for the integra. Pros and cons both ways.

From a value and resale pov the tegs is the obvious choice. Especially with an extra 5500 on the brz. But if you need it now and plan to keep it for a long time, neither might matter to you.

Comfort seems important to you. I follow this guy on YouTube who owns a CTR and new brz. He says the CTR seats are more comfortable which says a lot.
Cameron Hill is the one that owns both. Just saw his video the other night on BC coil overs that he did.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yep. He just moved close to me too. Hope to meet one day.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yep. He just moved close to me too. Hope to meet one day.
Super nice guy he moved on the western side of me so hopefully at some point could be cool to meet him.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yeah you and me are close as well. We should have some sort of meet up when the tegs comes out with him.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yeah you and me are close as well. We should have some sort of meet up when the tegs comes out with him.
Definitely would be nice to do especially with how many have ordered. Heck even if it’s a dozen I’m fine with that.

OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Seat comfort is a big deal for me. I suppose Integra or Lexus is the way to go for some comfort. Other than that you get into the Germans and I’m not sure how I feel about that. Then there’s Koreans and Genesis. I’ll probably pass on the marked up Brz just too much money and then I’ll probably see what I can get.

OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I figured the Integra would be the better Si. Especially on the seats. I still believe that I guess. So I told the Subaru dealer with the BRZ thanks but no thanks. I’m not wasting that much money on markups. I’ll keep the Integra down payment for now. And I’ll see what happens when the pickup time comes. Perhaps the GR Hot Hatch or another car will catch my attention in the meantime.

OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I found my tie breaker for cars, I just got in line for a GR Corolla. It’s looking off the hook. A real Civic Type R fighter from Toyota with 3-Cylinder 1.6L 300HP AWD Manual and a hatch. Or an Integra Type S without the wait for an official announcement. Plus LSD on the front and the back. Pure awesomeness.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I found my tie breaker for cars, I just got in line for a GR Corolla. It’s looking off the hook. A real Civic Type R fighter from Toyota with 3-Cylinder 1.6L 300HP AWD Manual and a hatch. Or an Integra Type S without the wait for an official announcement. Plus LSD on the front and the back. Pure awesomeness.
How do you get in line? I didn't see a reservation option

OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I called a local Toyota dealer that I know rarely charges over MSRP and I asked can I get on a list to get on the pre list for the pre order. They said they had one and I ended up 3rd in line and I put $500 on it asap. One of those guys on the list was a worker there getting in early. Then the videos hit on YouTube and they got 12 calls.

I’ll miss the idea of Acura entry level luxury with the Integra, specifically the power lumbar seats and the high end stereo already built in. But I can upgrade the stereo myself. And I think the shifter is still just a bit sweeter on a high end Honda or Acura than a GR Toyota. However, dual LSDs front and back, 3-mode AWD, 300HP Turbo, from a small gas sipping 1.6L 3 cylinder engine was too good to pass on. Acura needed that Type S Integra yesterday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Someone on a YouTube podcast pointed out a good point. As cool as the GR Corolla is, the base car is 5 years old or so, it’s not a class leader in cabin space or base handling abilities, and the interior is on the cheaper side. The GR team has to completely make the handling better and even then the interior is no Civic Si, much less an Integra on the inside. It won’t have power seats with lumbar, it won’t have as killer a stereo, the seats will not be as nice. Man, even the shifter might not be as nice. I need final reviews. How much is 300HP 3-Cylinder and AWD worth when giving up on the newer Honda and Acura interiors? Will it be better than the Civic Type R or Integra Type S? Will it really handle as well and be a nice cabin to be in? Well… I have a GR Corolla down payment, but I kept my Integra down payment just in case. Should I just get an upscale care with a fancy automatic as I’m getting on in years? I find the more money I make, the more choices I have, the more Covid and parts shortages make it rough, and I really just miss the days when I randomly walked into a Honda dealer and just walked out with my 2006 Si coupe and that’s all I ever wanted to be happy.