• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

World Rally Blue Pearl 2022 Subaru BRZ Limited 6-Speed Manual vs Liquid Carbon Metalic / Red 2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6-Speed Manual - Help!!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Someone on a YouTube podcast pointed out a good point. As cool as the GR Corolla is, the base car is 5 years old or so, it’s not a class leader in cabin space or base handling abilities, and the interior is on the cheaper side. The GR team has to completely make the handling better and even then the interior is no Civic Si, much less an Integra on the inside. It won’t have power seats with lumbar, it won’t have as killer a stereo, the seats will not be as nice. Man, even the shifter might not be as nice. I need final reviews. How much is 300HP 3-Cylinder and AWD worth when giving up on the newer Honda and Acura interiors? Will it be better than the Civic Type R or Integra Type S? Will it really handle as well and be a nice cabin to be in? Well… I have a GR Corolla down payment, but I kept my Integra down payment just in case. Should I just get an upscale care with a fancy automatic as I’m getting on in years? I find the more money I make, the more choices I have, the more Covid and parts shortages make it rough, and I really just miss the days when I randomly walked into a Honda dealer and just walked out with my 2006 Si coupe and that’s all I ever wanted to be happy.
My thoughts exactly. Interesting how your dealership took a down payment. I just came back from one of mine and they told me their not doing reservations. This dealership only had 3 new cars on the lot and said it's a year away from being released. That once they get allotment from the dealer then you can reserve it.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
I called a local Toyota dealer that I know rarely charges over MSRP and I asked can I get on a list to get on the pre list for the pre order. They said they had one and I ended up 3rd in line and I put $500 on it asap. One of those guys on the list was a worker there getting in early. Then the videos hit on YouTube and they got 12 calls.

I’ll miss the idea of Acura entry level luxury with the Integra, specifically the power lumbar seats and the high end stereo already built in. But I can upgrade the stereo myself. And I think the shifter is still just a bit sweeter on a high end Honda or Acura than a GR Toyota. However, dual LSDs front and back, 3-mode AWD, 300HP Turbo, from a small gas sipping 1.6L 3 cylinder engine was too good to pass on. Acura needed that Type S Integra yesterday.
I'd be surprised if it gets close to 30mpg combined EPA.

This Corolla is really not a sensible comparison with the teg at this point. Totally different animals serving differing purposes for each auto maker.

OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
To be fair, the GR Corolla down payment is for a dealer maintained list to get a preorder first when the preorders eventually come out. I’ve found some dealers do this and some do not.

OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I really just want to skip to the Integra Type S with 300HP, SH-AWD, and Brembro Breaks. Between the GR Corolla and the Si level Integra I am excited for both for different ways. The Integra cabin will be a far better and comfortable space to be in, while the GR Corolla will be far more fun with amazing traction and raw power.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
I really just want to skip to the Integra Type S with 300HP, SH-AWD, and Brembro Breaks. Between the GR Corolla and the Si level Integra I am excited for both for different ways. The Integra cabin will be a far better and comfortable space to be in, while the GR Corolla will be far more fun with amazing traction and raw power.
I'm 90% sure there won't be SH-AWD and it'll have more like 270HP maybe even 250HP. At least that's what I'm expecting. Wouldn't it be outperforming the TLX Type S if it even had one over the other with more cabin space and less weight?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I kinda want to drop in a Civic Type R engine in the first run of the Integra.
Yeah. I will upgrade once the Type S drops.. maybe a 2024?