• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Winter driving in the MT - First Impressions

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
I've taken my first trips on poorly-cleared roads with the stock 18s. Nothing dramatic to report, handles fine, not great, in the snow. Keeping speed way down until I have a feel for how it moves. It does better than my last car but that's a low bar.

How have others fared?

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
These all seasons are god awful. The LSD+6 speed is the only thing keeping me from hating this car in the snow.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
These all seasons are god awful. The LSD+6 speed is the only thing keeping me from hating this car in the snow.
Yeah I'm wondering how the tires are going to hold up, snow clearing is kind of an after thought here.

I didn't know about the benefits of an LSD in snow until you mentioned it. Did some reading just now, pretty cool.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Perhaps it was a happy accident that one of my tires took a nail and more or less made the decision to get Conti DWS 06+ tires before I probably would have. Although, by doing so I've probably just about guaranteed we will get no snow here this year.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Perhaps it was a happy accident that one of my tires took a nail and more or less made the decision to get Conti DWS 06+ tires before I probably would have. Although, by doing so I've probably just about guaranteed we will get no snow here this year.
Sounds like my snow blower experience. I might get the use of out it this year though.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
does anyone have any recommendations for all-seasons when it comes time to replace the stock ones?

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
I've always gone with all-seasons, but this car might make me switch to a summer/winter combo. Just wish I had a bigger garage.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
I had Michelin Pilot A/S 4 on my 2017 Civic and loved them. Great dry and wet performance and they managed light snow ok, but I couldn’t get out of my driveway when it was 6” deep.

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
i'll find out in the next couple of days, snow & high winds coming, i'm guessing i will never know
for sure as traffic will be packed & i'll be lucky to hit 30 mph

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
i'll find out in the next couple of days, snow & high winds coming, i'm guessing i will never know
Good luck. I’m starting to get a feel for it. Not a fan of the tire traction but the MT makes it more fun than my last vehicle.

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
update, traffic wasn't bad last night, everybody must have gone home early, the car seemed ok, didnt have
any traction problems, car did ok, this morning it was -9 with high winds & no real problems other than the
inside temp not getting that high, i did have it parked in garage so starting this moring was fine

update: 12-27-22

it was real cold on friday the 23rd, when i left work it was -9, car started fine, there was a little noise, in the gauge area ( sounded like a little
mouse squealing ) this went away after a few minutes, also i still had the plastic protector on the infotainment screen, well that
froze over, otherwise car ran fine

thumbnail_IMG_8456.jpg

Last edited:

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Just this - I find the heater real weak in this car. Anyone else?

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Just this - I find the heater real weak in this car. Anyone else?
1.5L probably doesn't make a ton of heat till youre
moving a while.