• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Where's Teggy?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Anyone here placed an order late? I reserved my integra on the 15th and my dealership, (Auto Nation Acura) says they didn't have anything under my name.
When I went to the dealership, the sales guy told me they will probably see the reservation when the 2nd wave of cars come instead of the 1st wave.
(I guess they said that because they have so many orders already)

I feel like its a bit odd that they couldn't even confirm my reservation even though the payment went through. The payment states the dealership as well.
You think I should wait with this dealership or try to reserve with another one?
Definitely odd. Mine saw it immediately. Although they are right about the waves. The initial preorders were all ordered by the 14th. So any preorders after that will have to wait to be ordered until whenever the next round of orders is. But I don’t think that would dictate when they’d see the res. It would only affect when they’d order it and subsequently when the car arrives.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I hate to be the “my dealer told me,” but I was told the reservation system was done through a third party and was nothing more than a lead for the dealer. The dealership would need to contact you and get the order placed. Just my two cents
100% inaccurate. The system sent the dealer your specific order. The trim and color. And then Acura allocated that specific trim and transmission combo and allowed only the number of orders as reservations. And then the orders had to match the reservation and they are linked. So when your order is built Acura will send your email a VIN. Your email and the res and the order are all connected. For example, if you ordered a blue tech cvt, and 3 other people ordered the same to your dealer, you won’t show up and be grabbing whichever one from a selection of 4. You will specifically have one of them assigned to you.

Allocation is quite specific. I remember when my buddy was ordering an M3. He wanted a 6 speed manual and had to find a dealer with a manual allocated as most only had autos allocated.

Last edited:

Beefchowfun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rsx 06 base
Definitely odd. Mine saw it immediately. Although they are right about the waves. The initial preorders were all ordered by the 14th. So any preorders after that will have to wait to be ordered until whenever the next round of orders is. But I don’t think that would dictate when they’d see the res. It would only affect when they’d order it and subsequently when the car arrives.
Thank you for confirming the order thing. At least I know they are not just BSing and saying just random stuff at me. But judging from what you guys are saying, Maybe I should go check out another dealship and see what they say.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Thank you for confirming the order thing. At least I know they are not just BSing and saying just random stuff at me. But judging from what you guys are saying, Maybe I should go check out another dealship and see what they say.
I can’t see why that would hurt being that nothing is ordered yet due to recently reserving. But I also wouldn't hurt to ask a manager at the current dealer. Could just be a dumb sales person who doesn’t know where to look. If you have the confirmation number with that dealer listed, they have it for sure. Just gotta find it.

kevonmylevel

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI
Is the 14th cutoff a real thing? Ordered mine on the 15th and the dealership didn't mention anything about rounds of orders or specific dates. It also seemed like I was either the first or second person to order through them since I basically had to walk them through the process oddly enough.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Is the 14th cutoff a real thing? Ordered mine on the 15th and the dealership didn't mention anything about rounds of orders or specific dates. It also seemed like I was either the first or second person to order through them since I basically had to walk them through the process oddly enough.
Most dealers did as I believe that was the first day they could, but I’m sure is their choice depending on the order amount. It’s not a formal cut off. Just a date I’ve gathered from hearing from others who’s dealers placed orders. The 14th was when mine ordered as well with only 3 reservations.

Beefchowfun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rsx 06 base
*Update*
In another forum, there was 2 others who reserved the car from the same dealership as me. Both had a worse interactions. One went as far as asking to cancel the reservation, and they said they couldn't even do that because they couldn't find the reservation. He immediately went to call his credit card company and asked for a charge back. Totally feels like they are being shady, and trying to keep people to stay reserved with them without the means of great customer service.

So after work, I took the liberty to go to the next nearest Acura dealership (Acura Fremont) to make another reservation and I had a great interaction/transaction. The sales guy even called the manager in front of me to let him know that I want to reserve with them. His manager told him, my Integra (Apex Blue Pearl A-spec Tech MT) would be apart of the first allotted cars that the dealership gets. It immediately sold me to stick with them. I asked him that the word around the street was end of May to June for first set of cars and he retorted that is only the best best best case scenario. He said realistically, my car would get to the dealership around end of June to July. He also said the demo unit would be for sure June as well.

I guess I got to call my credit card company to do a charge back from the first dealership as well.
Funny though, California law states license dealers must honor 100% refund for deposits, so I don't know why they are beating around the bush. They can get in serious trouble lol.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Wow. Glad you found what sounds like a significantly better dealer. Doesn’t matter if it’s shady or incompetence. Neither one gets my business. Let us know how the charge back goes through. I’d assume the dealer will be calling you to try and make amends.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
My dealer is saying I can still change the color of my order.. might go Apex Blue from the Liquid Carbon..

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
My dealer is saying I can still change the color of my order.. might go Apex Blue from the Liquid Carbon..
I fully understand that color is totally subjective, but go for it and take
A BOW (Apex Blue Orchid White) - you will not look back. If you go LC then you’ll look back and you’ll be in the red/seeing way too much red.
IMHO, the blue/white combo is unique/the AB sort of speak - and I don’t mean Apex Blue here, but I mean the Absolute Best! Welcome to ABC (Apex Blue Club).

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I fully understand that color is totally subjective, but go for it and take
A BOW (Apex Blue Orchid White) - you will not look back. If you go LC then you’ll look back and you’ll be in the red/seeing way too much red.
IMHO, the blue/white combo is unique/the AB sort of speak - and I don’t mean Apex Blue here, but I mean the Absolute Best! Welcome to ABC (Apex Blue Club).
Your talking me into it..

Beefchowfun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rsx 06 base
Wow. Glad you found what sounds like a significantly better dealer. Doesn’t matter if it’s shady or incompetence. Neither one gets my business. Let us know how the charge back goes through. I’d assume the dealer will be calling you to try and make amends.
Just to update, I had the time to actually call and cancel the reservation on Sunday and it went fairly smoothly. Got my money back today.
Although they aggressively asked me twice why I was canceling lol.