• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What should I ask for my 2024 Integra?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A Spec Tech
I came across my dream 911 and my wife will only let me buy it if I sell my Integra. I plan to do private party in SF Bay Area.

Here’s what I have:
2024 A Spec Tech 6MT
4400 miles
Smells and looks new, no issues
Includes all weather floor mats and trunk tray
Liquid Carbon Metallic exterior
Ebony Suede interior

I plan to hit the market this weekend. Any opinions on what I should ask and/or what you think I will actually get will be helpful.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Sad day for the Integra but the 911 will be a great car! Whenever I sell a car, I usually get some quotes from Carvana, Carmax, etc. If you do a private sale, add a couple grand to those quotes (I've sold 2 previous cars that way and gotten $2k over what Carmax offered). I didn't want to deal with the hassle of a private sale when I bought my Integra, and I was happy with my Carvana offer, so I asked the dealer if they'd match the price on trade-in and they did. The benefit to trading in (and I believe this might vary by state) is they only tax you on the difference in price ($115k Porsche - $35k Acura = only taxed on $80k instead of the full $115k).

Good luck with the sale, and I hope you enjoy the Porsche!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I sold mine to vroom but they have since closed. I was offered $32k w/ 20k miles. With the current market I would think 30-33k is what you can expect. Like @akoza mentioned you might be better of trading it in for the tax incentive.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A Spec Tech
Sad day for the Integra but the 911 will be a great car! Whenever I sell a car, I usually get some quotes from Carvana, Carmax, etc. If you do a private sale, add a couple grand to those quotes (I've sold 2 previous cars that way and gotten $2k over what Carmax offered). I didn't want to deal with the hassle of a private sale when I bought my Integra, and I was happy with my Carvana offer, so I asked the dealer if they'd match the price on trade-in and they did. The benefit to trading in (and I believe this might vary by state) is they only tax you on the difference in price ($115k Porsche - $35k Acura = only taxed on $80k instead of the full $115k).

Good luck with the sale, and I hope you enjoy the Porsche!
Thanks for the insight. Unfortunately I live in one of the few states that doesn’t give a tax credit (California). Also, the 911 I’m getting is a 997.2 from a private seller and he’s not interested in a trade.

I was thinking I would ask $33.5K and then negotiate accordingly depending on what interest comes in.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
If you save on sales tax with a trade, factor that in. In NC, you only pay tax on the difference between the trade and the car you're purchasing. Like if you can get close to that with a dealer trade it may be worthwhile.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A Spec Tech
If you save on sales tax with a trade, factor that in. In NC, you only pay tax on the difference between the trade and the car you're purchasing. Like if you can get close to that with a dealer trade it may be worthwhile.
Unfortunately that doesn’t work in California. This state gets all the money they can!

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Carvana offered $29K. It’s tempting just to avoid the hassle of dealing with private buyers.
If you have the time and patience, call around to a few local dealers as well (doesn't have to be Acura) - see if they'll buy your car and can beat the Carvana price (even if you don't buy one of theirs). Worst that can happen is they say no or lowball you, and you walk away.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
I would take the higher amount between CarMax and Carvana and be done with it. Since the car you want is private owner, no ability to trade and I doubt dealers will give you more. Private sale would take a while and probably only net $1,500 over the Carvana number.

PeddlerDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra A-spec Tech MT 2024
I came across my dream 911 and my wife will only let me buy it if I sell my Integra. I plan to do private party in SF Bay Area.

Here’s what I have:
2024 A Spec Tech 6MT
4400 miles
Smells and looks new, no issues
Includes all weather floor mats and trunk tray
Liquid Carbon Metallic exterior
Ebony Suede interior

I plan to hit the market this weekend. Any opinions on what I should ask and/or what you think I will actually get will be helpful.
I just paid $33,900 + $358 doc fee for a 2024 A-Spec Tech MT in White w/black interior w/ 1400 miles from a dealer in Chicago. Vehicle was a service loaner (not sure why there is such thing as a MT service loaner, but they had 3)