• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vibrations/rattle around 3-4k

SharpAndy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6spd
I am a Honda tech, and my project this week has been a 2023 integra with the rattle at 3500-4K. This vehicle is a manual transmission, and it only happens at that RPM range. I just found it yesterday. We found it to be the heater core rattle against the heater box. Also found that the heater box’s mount was broken. The whole dash is out, and we are waiting on parts now. You can see if this is your issue by revving the car to the point it makes the rattle and have someone wiggle the coolant lines that come out at the heater core.

C123E004-39A4-41BD-BF62-BF1E66EDF120.jpeg

I noticed that my Integra JUST started doing that about two days ago. So I now have three completely different squeaks and/or rattles...this new rattle sounds like it's coming from under the dash and occurs between 3000-4500 rpm. There's still the squeak from the bezel around the HUD, and the hatch rattles. So it's definitely not a quiet ride at any given time. I guess I just couldn't hear the newest one until I took the roof bars off, because they will drown out even your most inner thoughts.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
number 9 is the heater core pipe retainer. they call it a stay. The top tab was broken off allowing the pipes to touch together.

B8C2E126-FB65-4B7E-845A-E7FF12CEE7DF.jpeg
Is this also to say that it may likely happen again with the same kind of fix & parts until Acura/Honda find a better solution towards a forever fix?

zachristo

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I’ve found that turning the heater on full for 10 seconds or so then returning to the desired temp alleviates the rattle usually for the length of the drive. That will hold me over to the next service where I can bring it up with the dealership. Maybe that trick can help others being driven crazy by this.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I’ve found that turning the heater on full for 10 seconds or so then returning to the desired temp alleviates the rattle usually for the length of the drive. That will hold me over to the next service where I can bring it up with the dealership. Maybe that trick can help others being driven crazy by this.
That to me sounds like an issue with the blend door or the blend door actuator.

AceRaiden

First Name
HUS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic Si
Hey guys, I have the same issue on my 22 Si. Goes away when I do the full heat trick. Did you ever find a solution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Hey guys, I have the same issue on my 22 Si. Goes away when I do the full heat trick. Did you ever find a solution
Do the same thing, but this time start with the heat on the lowest setting and keep the blower on the lowest setting too, and rev it up. Then turn heat to highest setting with blower still at lowest setting. I think your issue is a blend door rattling in a certain location. I don’t think it has anything to do with the actual temperature or the blower action. Could be wrong though.

AceRaiden

First Name
HUS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic Si
Do the same thing, but this time start with the heat on the lowest setting and keep the blower on the lowest setting too, and rev it up. Then turn heat to highest setting with blower still at lowest setting. I think your issue is a blend door rattling in a certain location. I don’t think it has anything to do with the actual temperature or the blower action. Could be wrong though.
Good idea! Will give it a try and report back.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
You can get to the blend door actuator mechanisms with a little work. Removing the lower driver side trim and knee airbag gets you in on that side, while removing the glove box and lower dash trim gets you there on the passenger side.

My car had a lot of play in those mechanisms when I explored down there, but I didn't actually make any adjustments to them and my car is quiet. I may have been lucky.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
You can get to the blend door actuator mechanisms with a little work. Removing the lower driver side trim and knee airbag gets you in on that side, while removing the glove box and lower dash trim gets you there on the passenger side.

My car had a lot of play in those mechanisms when I explored down there, but I didn't actually make any adjustments to them and my car is quiet. I may have been lucky.
For a 22 i would just take it back to the dealer. But it helps the dealer when you go in with all the info possible.

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I know this is an old thread, but looks like my car had some similar heater core issue. There is still some sort of rattle, but it doesn’t seem as persistent. I’m also just trying to increase my tolerance for a little rattle.

The notes from the dealership mentioned a heater core issue.

IMG_7001.jpeg

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Just wanted to update everyone. So my rattle seemed to come back, or it was a different rattle. I went hunting in the infotainment area but found nothing.

I bumped my head on the area around the rearview mirror and heard a rattle!!! Turns out the sound was coming from the area around the rearview mirror assembly! I pushed everything together and then drove about 10 miles. The rattle is gone!

All in all, I do not know if I had two rattles or just this one. But if you are searching for a rattle try tapping around the rearview mirror assembly to see if there is a rattle there. Hopefully this post helps someone in the future.