• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Very Poor 2023 Integra 6MT Gas Mileage?

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I have not seen a high return on my gas mileage meter yet. I am starting to wonder. I tried resetting the counters, I’m filling up on premium at Wawa, I do idle a lot and I do use AC, but still, I feel 14-20 isn’t quite normal. I do rip the engine a bunch. Perhaps I am just leaning on the clutch too much, can someone explain this? Now I know what 14 miles per gallon feels like, and that’s bad, it’s like half a tank of gas driving from one end of Philly to another, this isn’t that. I feel I am getting better but perhaps it’s more the readings of it all are inaccurate? You can see in the corner there on the pic that I am reading 17 miles per gallon. I never see 30 or something. Now I didn’t do much to break in the car, my mistake, but from what I read online this should not happen no matter how I break in the car.
0ED7724B-19E2-42F6-A6A5-2F48C7B06B31.jpeg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Strange. I average 31 with mixed driving. If there is traffic I put it in comfort mode,this really helps the mpg. Otherwise I switch to normal mode and once in awhile sport. I'm running Phearable tune and usually on Map2.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
It sounds like you are doing everything you can to get the worst gas mileage possible. I have no idea what you mean by "leaning on the clutch too much," but that doesn't sound like it's good for gas mileage or your clutch. You can verify the accuracy of your meters very easily by just checking your mileage for a tank the old fashioned way: The next time you fill up either note the mileage on the odometer or reset a trip meter. Run through that tank then divide the miles you drove by the amount of gas needed to refill the tank.

Not to start an argument, but I'd never use Wawa or Sheets or any other non-top tier gas. Irrespective of gas mileage, the additives in top tier gas that help prevent carbon build-up are worth the extra pennies to me.

https://www.consumerreports.org/fue...r-gasoline-worth-the-extra-price-a7682471234/

OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I will give these things a shot, I feel even with noting all these things I should be in the twenties, I never had this issue with my 2013 Si non turbo 2.4L and or my 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT, I still drive the same, so it’s not all me.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Is yours the Liquid Carbon Metallic? If so, I'm going today to get in line for the exact same configuration.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
I have not seen a high return on my gas mileage meter yet. I am starting to wonder. I tried resetting the counters, I’m filling up on premium at Wawa, I do idle a lot and I do use AC, but still, I feel 14-20 isn’t quite normal. I do rip the engine a bunch. Perhaps I am just leaning on the clutch too much, can someone explain this? Now I know what 14 miles per gallon feels like, and that’s bad, it’s like half a tank of gas driving from one end of Philly to another, this isn’t that. I feel I am getting better but perhaps it’s more the readings of it all are inaccurate? You can see in the corner there on the pic that I am reading 17 miles per gallon. I never see 30 or something. Now I didn’t do much to break in the car, my mistake, but from what I read online this should not happen no matter how I break in the car.
0ED7724B-19E2-42F6-A6A5-2F48C7B06B31.jpeg
From my experience as the car breaks in the gas mileage actually gets better. Usually takes about 3 to 4 fill ups. But 17mpg is pretty bad. I avg around 35-40mpg mixed driving with my lifetime avg at 31.8 now. You only have 200 miles on the car and idling affects how the computer calculates mpg but doesn't necessarily translate to your actual gas mileage. The best way to really check mpg is like someone said. Fill up your car all the way. Reset your trip Meter. When your ready to fill up again divide the number of miles driven on that tank by the amount needed to top off. I can't remember my last numbers exactly but I believe I got 358 miles and need 10.280 gallons which equated to like 34mpg

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I’ve found that this motor has 2 extremes. Light driving will get you 45+mpg while any heavy acceleration is under 20mpg. Idle crushes it rapidly as well. As long as you mix it up, you should be able to avg around 30.

Last edited:

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
It's been super hot here, and Philly traffic sucks. I would see what your next tank gets you.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's been super hot here, and Philly traffic sucks. I would see what your next tank gets you.
Im in New york(Long island) and for sure this tank is going to be my lowest. Give or take 29 mpg vs 34 my usually. Car read 102f yesterday. Usually trip to work is around 31mpg. Yesterday it was 23mpg. Intake air temps were in the 160s

OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do have a tendency to sit in my car researching things on my phone with the air on, sipping some Starbucks coffee, perhaps I am ok then. I will keep monitoring.

And yes, mine is the LCM/Red 6MT.

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
I’ve found that this motor has 2 extremes. Light driving will get you 45+mpg while any heavy acceleration is under 20mpg. Idle crushes it rapidly as well. As long as you mix it up, you should be able to avg around 30.
I have the CVT and notice these extremes also. Even just breathing on the throttle for me and it dips below 20 or so.
Having the same exact engine in my past car, a 2017 civic, I'm not sure why this is because I'd be averaging 32-35mpg all day long in that without even trying and driving the exact same way and exact same area. Hope it gets better but I'm also 2500 miles in now and still have what I feel is subpar MPGs. About 27-29 overall

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do have a tendency to sit in my car researching things on my phone with the air on, sipping some Starbucks coffee, perhaps I am ok then. I will keep monitoring.

And yes, mine is the LCM/Red 6MT.
question at what rpm do you normally shift at? I shift around 3000 rpm

OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
And the clutch pickup spot is high… why not just put it in the middle like all then other good ones? I can’t feel where it grabs and I feel I am waiting gas for sure this way as I rev to meet the clutch.

OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gas was supposed to be better though, I might have reconsidered the TLX Type-S at this point with 355HP at 19 City in gas mileage.