• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Unpopular Opinions: Missing "features" you're happy about

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I love that the touchscreen is limited to infotainment and doesn't have any climate or vehicle control. My wife has a VW ID.4 and it's impossible to make a quick change to climate without messing with touchscreen menus.

Anything you should be expected to control while the car is moving needs dedicated switchgear.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I completely agree with OP, I’d add auto transmission and auto start/stop.
I second this. This car is too special to be running with Auto transmission. Manual gearbox for this incredible machine is how it should be driven.

Absolutely the sunroof. I've owned 4 cars prior to my ITS. All had a sunroof, 3 of them had issues with it
Agree with this. I had a sunroof with my 06' TL. Hardly ever used it and over time it developed strange leaks; rubber pieces wearing out and cracking. I'm glad I don't have to deal with any of that.

I love that the touchscreen is limited to infotainment and doesn't have any climate or vehicle control.
This has been a blessing. Too many cars have climate control and essentials buried within touchscreens. It isn't all that practical for drivers and passengers. Plus I love the quality clicky knobs and the feeling feedback we get. Keep it simple

First Name
Ryley
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6sp, white over red
This was a BIG reason I chose this car over the GTI. Not many left with traditional controls....and the ones in the Integra are pretty nice.

I love that the touchscreen is limited to infotainment and doesn't have any climate or vehicle control. My wife has a VW ID.4 and it's impossible to make a quick change to climate without messing with touchscreen menus.

Anything you should be expected to control while the car is moving needs dedicated switchgear.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
One missing feature that's nice is the car not having a remote trunk pop. That way if you accidentally bump the button on the key in your pocket it only unlocks the trunk instead of opening it for strangers to rummage around and possibly steal things like my Type-S mat or the hidden tire inflator. This along with the lack of Wi-Fi tracking ITS owners every moment really shows Acura values the security of it's most valuable customers.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
One missing feature that's nice is the car not having a remote trunk pop. That way if you accidentally bump the button on the key in your pocket it only unlocks the trunk instead of opening it for strangers to rummage around and possibly steal things like my Type-S mat or the hidden tire inflator. This along with the lack of Wi-Fi tracking ITS owners every moment really shows Acura values the security of it's most valuable customers.
Im actually now considering upgrading to stronger hatch support lifts and changing the actuator to pop the hatch. Then again I only have diapers to worry about in my trunk lol

First Name
Ryley
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you have a lead on that? I'm also interested.

Im actually now considering upgrading to stronger hatch support lifts and changing the actuator to pop the hatch. Then again I only have diapers to worry about in my trunk lol

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Do you have a lead on that? I'm also interested.
Yes, certainly. So our DE5 hatch support lifts are 380Newtons or 85 lbs of lifting force.

15A8AE69-6A95-433F-B46B-234A702E7C2C.jpeg
07C57C61-DEC9-4612-9F8B-69D4919AC8E0.jpeg
9F979B4F-F0FC-47A3-A60B-5BE9741A2B88.jpeg
812F119D-C813-45E1-817B-997283986C57.jpeg

I’ve come to find out today that the FL5’s are rated 700 Newtons:

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/weak-hatch-struts.52861/page-2#post-878544

They also have complaints about their supports being too weak. But our hatches are lighter without a large wing. Alternatively you can go with Stabilus and up to 1300N or lifting force.

1BF98751-85CC-4422-BBBD-C9C278D481D1.png
392DDD2B-F3DE-4829-800D-A4DD706FF1D3.png

51C491A1-A5B4-4C75-884C-4FDF24856BEF.png

these are 23” full extended length. So picking up the FL5 700 newtons supports or 900N would be huge upgrades. That would be 202lbs of lifting on each side of the hatches; 170lbs increased to 404lbs

trunk pop open actuators are widely available for Hondas. I’ll do some digging. These should push up our hatches without any assistance. If you want automatic closing hatch’s that’s will require some wiring.

Last edited:
First Name
Ryley
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is great! Did your digging dig anything up regarding actuators?

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
This is great! Did your digging dig anything up regarding actuators?
Yes I did do some digging. First let's start with what we have:

74800-TRN-H01.png
748-THA-H01-3.jpg

So our ITS OEM tailgate lock is 74800-TRN-H01. These have a very tiny motor and the way it works is with two control wires:
1. Motor operate to move to unlock position via Key Fob.
2. The button wired to your trunk hatch to release from the striker (hook).

There is no actuator that provides us with the 'popping' action. The tailgate is likely too heavy with support lift struts that are too weak anyway.

I started looking around and the Honda CRV/Odyssey(74800-THA-H01) & Acura TL(74851-SDA-A22) do have popping linear actuators:

748-THA-H01.jpg
748-THA-H01-2.jpg

74851-SDA-A22-TL.jpg

I have no idea what the motor ratings are on these but the CRV/Odyssey actuators can be used with the automatic trunk lifts.

Another aftermarket options for power tail gate electronic locks:
SuctionLock.png

Back to our original OEM tailgate lock, since the key FOB only unlocks we would need to swap the signal wire so that when we push the button the tailgate lock lets go of the striker(hook). Alternatively, wire them both to the keyfob.

The first method that should be tried is to build DIY tension release springs onto the support lift struts:
DIYSprings.png

Once the tailgate lock releases, the tension on these springs should be enough to 'pop' the hatch and with some stronger support lift struts with higher Newtons should be able to completely lift the hatch on its own. This would be the simplest method before buying a new tailgate actuator.

It's a lot to digest, let me know your thoughts and we can discuss further

First Name
Ryley
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm definitely up for trying struts with higher NM rating and springs. I think the VW golf crowd has been doing something like this.

One issue I'm noticing now that winter is here is that dirt and grime collects on the rear hatch area and the hole for your finders to activate/open the hatch is small. This means you're getting dirty every time you open the hatch.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I'm definitely up for trying struts with higher NM rating and springs. I think the VW golf crowd has been doing something like this.

One issue I'm noticing now that winter is here is that dirt and grime collects on the rear hatch area and the hole for your finders to activate/open the hatch is small. This means you're getting dirty every time you open the hatch.
so the first option is to upgrade struts to higher NM ratings, add tension springs Onto it and do some rewiring.

if that’s not enough and you prefer to have hands off for both opening and closing then you may have to go with the more bougie option of automatic electronic locks and motorized struts:

First Name
Ryley
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hands off would be great but is likely beyond my abilities. Struts and springs I could do. Basic rewiring is possible.

I assume the springs would require some rubber washers or something at each end to prevent marking things up.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
ddddddddd
Hands off would be great but is likely beyond my abilities. Struts and springs I could do. Basic rewiring is possible.

I assume the springs would require some rubber washers or something at each end to prevent marking things up.
They sell kits for the automatic lift/close and you could open it with your keyfob and interior buttons. It is a bit more involved but you won't have to worry about getting hands dirty during winter.

But the springs would need rubber and metal washers to keep it from sliding.