• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S with RV6 R660 466WHP

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
The TLD;DR i got is: in response to the "why?" you say "why not?"

Ami right? If so, more power to you in both senses of the statement.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
How's the power curve with the 660? Does it feel same/better in street driving under 4k RPM? Did you get the new cam from hondata?

Last edited:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Thanks for the insight OP, that's pretty much what I figured. FWIW if this was a dedicated "build thread" I wouldn't have hijacked it, but this felt more like an "announcement" type of thread so I took the liberty. I tried to caveat that I wasn't trying to hate... I have my reasons.

The TLD;DR i got is: in response to the "why?" you say "why not?"

Ami right? If so, more power to you in both senses of the statement.
The list of "why not" is extensive. There's money, for one... some have more than others so that's actually pretty subjective and I don't feel like getting into telling people how to spend their money.

For me it's about the fact that this car can already overwhelm the front tires pretty easily. It just doesn't make sense to me to buy a car like this and use it to go fast in a straight line. If I wanted to do that I would almost surely have bought an RS3, or AMG... or Hellcat... and had nearly limitless potential. If the ceiling for this car is where other cars start out at, that's still just not that compelling to me... unless there's just some sort of sense of accomplishment for doing it IN THIS CAR. I guess I can understand that but it's not for me... but I'm also the guy who got out of my stock F82 M4 because I felt like it was too fast for the street.

So yeah. It really does just get down to how people want to spend their money... and who am I to judge when I'm pretty sure I've spent a couple grand on headphones alone in the past few years... and I'm not even really an audiophile. :dunno:

I feel like making this car too powerful would effectively ruin other elements of the car I really like. I've had this philosophy since the last car I modded, I'm just openly debating with myself (and by proxy other folks on this forum...) if it's worth considering getting back into the modding scene with this car. I guess what I'm trying to accomplish is whether or not I want to divert some of my future disposable income into making considerably more power in this car, and ultimately I still don't think I do.

So to each their own. As I said, the power figures are impressive. I'll keep tracking what people are doing with power out of casual interest but I think the ship has sailed for me.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
I guess my "why" would be lack of traction being FWD. Granted I only have a tuned Civic Sport Hatch, but I get very little traction in 1st and 2nd. I couldn't imagine having that much more power. You'd probably be able to break loose in 4th gear! 😲 Could you elaborate on that issue, OP? (Sorry if you talked about it already, some of those posts above were TLDR.) Thanks!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I find with a good tune borderline 400hp is good and 500hp would be perfect😉 waiting for the right combo on 93 octane

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
My opinion (worth very little, but offered freely) - I you really want a car with more power, save up your money and buy a car that has more power. Any dummy can turn up boost, add enough fuel to (hopefully) avert immediate destruction, and present an impressive dyno sheet. Just keep in mind that doing so reduces resale value of the car to about $0.00 for many of us.

Why you ask?? Well, people doing those simple mods forget the critical engineering that goes into developing all the related system components - which the manufacturer carefully balanced versus total system cost. What makes you think the clutch, transmission bearings, gears, differential, brakes, rod bearings, connecting rods, axles, CV's, suspension, chassis mounting points, and a host of other stuff will reliably tolerate a 70% horsepower increase?? I can guarantee you, Honda did NOT provide that much total system safety margin - so obviously you can expect to break lots of expensive stuff. Most people that go "mod crazy" are OK with that - it's part of the game - and fun (up to a point).

I've been in plenty of hot-rodded cars. Some were very, very fast.
But almost all of them spent a lot more time sitting broken in the shop than tearing up the road (or track). And being on a first name basis with your local tow truck driver gets old in a hurry.

Just hope you don't accidentally buy one of those modded turkeys on the used car market.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
There's a bunch of wet blankets in here.

Let people enjoy things.
Lol. Seems like some should buy a Mirage and stay in the right lane.

I'm waiting for the right combo to net 500hp on 93 octane.. then I can get a tune from ya.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There's a bunch of wet blankets in here.

Let people enjoy things.
I knew this was coming, surprised it took so long.

I'm mad at myself. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

play-stupid-games-win-stupid-prizes-238485.gif

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Exactly, next they're gonna complain about the way you please your wife.

Some people like what they like....
K. I'll remind people once again that this is an open forum. Literally anyone is allowed to post, assuming things stay somewhat remotely on topic, amirite?

So if you bust up in your office bragging about how you shake your jimmy a special way, are you gonna be mad if somebody asks a question or two?

I guess I'm just supposed to assume you're a deviant and move on with my life.

anchorman-the-legend-of-ron-burgundy.gif

I'm just saying. I even tried to offer a disclaimer because I knew feelings would be hurt, but sadly I'm still a wet blanket.

OP
OP
Trajectory009

Trajectory009

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra 6MT, 21 TLX Type S, 24 Interga Type S