• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S Winter Wheels / Fitment Specs

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Aw shoot - Alexandre in the FB chat suggested around 275-35-18 @ ET 47, which these wheels are. I should've provided more specs.

So maybe 295, 30 thru 40 be a better fit.
Yeah unless you want to stretch them

Not sure how many have ran 295s.

Screenshot_20230816-203334.png

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Yeah unless you want to stretch them

Not sure how many have ran 295s.

Screenshot_20230816-203334.png
Well, now I feel extra dumb bc apparently Apex has a recommendation that I glossed over:

IMG_2937.png

IMG_2938.png

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Well, now I feel extra dumb bc apparently Apex has a recommendation that I glossed over:

IMG_2937.png

IMG_2938.png
I saw that same article and forgot about it. So 275 or 285.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I saw that same article and forgot about it. So 275 or 285.
I forget everything... I have to save screenshots to different photo albums. šŸ˜‚

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
So am I crazy for thinking this suggests one could do a 275/40/19 setup using the OEM wheel? Assuming the suspension is OEM, this calculator suggests the wheel will ultimately sit 1.2" closer to the fender (it appears there's room) and the inner sidewall will be .2" closer to the frame (I assume there's room), though the speedometer will be off ~9%: https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

My reason for wondering: There seem to be better "Grand Touring All-Season" options in 265 and "Performance Winter/Snow" options (Blizzaks, even) in 275 for reasonable prices On TireRack, so something like this could allow me to use OEM wheels for winter while saving the OEM tires for a set of dedicated/aftermarket summer wheels TBD.

We get enough winter in central Ohio that I'll need to put away the OEM tires for a few months, I don't drive much (maybe 3,000 miles in winter?) and I can/will drive conservatively when I need to, and this is a secondary vehicle that can stay in during the roughest winter days... I can deal with the speedometer being off for a few months out of the year, but do you reckon they'll rub?

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S White
Iā€™d gladly take any winter 265/35/19 tires if it does not rub against the car or fenders.

now would there be any safety issues running 275 or 255? Everyone suggested running 18ā€™s but I donā€™t want to spend on third set of wheels while the OEM ones sit there when they look great. But I want proper winter tires on 19ā€™s for snow grip and stopping. Iā€™m not a fast driver anyway.
same here did you decide what to do?

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
same here did you decide what to do?
Iā€™ve elected to go with 265/35/R19 dedicated winter tires for the following reasons:

1. many have lowered their ITS about 1ā€ or so and have no (known/reported) issues with rubbing during driving and bumps.

2. going from 30 to 35 ratio will raise your car about 1.3ā€ inches, so weā€™re looking at the tires .7ā€ closer to the wheel wells. Considering that we retain OEM wheels with proper +60mm offset, if you go over bumps the tire will still clear the fender anyways. For others that have +35-50mm offset, their tires are flush with the fender so more important they keep overall diameter the same.

3. being that weā€™re buying these tires for winter safety, having a thicker sidewalk will really help with potholes, ride comfort and raising our vehicles so that weā€™re not just plowing snow with that beautiful bumper.

4. our overall diameter will increase, so speedometer will be off 1-2mph and tires are more expensive. The trade off is weā€™re not driving as much, winter tires should last a long time; we get to put oem wheels to use, and retain the proper offset for maximum torque steer elimination just as Acura has designed for.

your options are, in order from priciest to lowest:

Nokian Hakkkapellita R5 (best winter tires on snow and ice) $400-530 a tire
265/35/R19 275/35/R19. Very hard to find though

Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 $390-$428 a tire
255, 265, 275mm width options

Pirelli P zero Winter $360+ a tire
255, 265mm width options

Continental Wintercontact TS860 $270-$300
255,265,275mm width options available

There were two others but these four are the best rated and tested. If weā€™re going for winter safety and keeping our family+ITS safe, I wouldnā€™t go cheap.

18ā€ considerations: smaller wheel will give you sidewalk height with narrower tires to cut through snow better. The cost of a new quality wheel set is pricey plus more torque steer with the scrub radius affected.

Id like the idea of having two oem wheel sets with summer and winter tires I can easily swap myself each season without bringing it in to have them swap tires and rebalance every time. Hope this helps!

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S White
Iā€™ve elected to go with 265/35/R19 dedicated winter tires for the following reasons:

1. many have lowered their ITS about 1ā€ or so and have no (known/reported) issues with rubbing during driving and bumps.

2. going from 30 to 35 ratio will raise your car about 1.3ā€ inches, so weā€™re looking at the tires .7ā€ closer to the wheel wells. Considering that we retain OEM wheels with proper +60mm offset, if you go over bumps the tire will still clear the fender anyways. For others that have +35-50mm offset, their tires are flush with the fender so more important they keep overall diameter the same.

3. being that weā€™re buying these tires for winter safety, having a thicker sidewalk will really help with potholes, ride comfort and raising our vehicles so that weā€™re not just plowing snow with that beautiful bumper.

4. our overall diameter will increase, so speedometer will be off 1-2mph and tires are more expensive. The trade off is weā€™re not driving as much, winter tires should last a long time; we get to put oem wheels to use, and retain the proper offset for maximum torque steer elimination just as Acura has designed for.

your options are, in order from priciest to lowest:

Nokian Hakkkapellita R5 (best winter tires on snow and ice) $400-530 a tire
265/35/R19 275/35/R19. Very hard to find though

Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 $390-$428 a tire
255, 265, 275mm width options

Pirelli P zero Winter $360+ a tire
255, 265mm width options

Continental Wintercontact TS860 $270-$300
255,265,275mm width options available

There were two others but these four are the best rated and tested. If weā€™re going for winter safety and keeping our family+ITS safe, I wouldnā€™t go cheap.

18ā€ considerations: smaller wheel will give you sidewalk height with narrower tires to cut through snow better. The cost of a new quality wheel set is pricey plus more torque steer with the scrub radius affected.

Id like the idea of having two oem wheel sets with summer and winter tires I can easily swap myself each season without bringing it in to have them swap tires and rebalance every time. Hope this helps!
Wow yes this is super helpful, yea just trying to find a 18 inch rim seemed daunting and not worth the time and money to do.

thanks for the breakdown on the 265 35 only raising the car .7 inches to the fender. Glad you worked out the math there I think this seems like the best option in terms of keeping our black wheels as well and keeping it more stock I may go with the pilot alpin but if not prolly the pzero

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Wow yes this is super helpful, yea just trying to find a 18 inch rim seemed daunting and not worth the time and money to do.

thanks for the breakdown on the 265 35 only raising the car .7 inches to the fender. Glad you worked out the math there I think this seems like the best option in terms of keeping our black wheels as well and keeping it more stock I may go with the pilot alpin but if not prolly the pzero
No problem at all, just here to help one another out. 18ā€ wheels might be worth considering if there were a +60mm offset. But then youā€™d need the right color, the right look/style that you like and quality. Maybe in two years or so, I just didnā€™t see any right now.

OEM wheels look great, we like them, they have a very good color finish and performs great. Enkei is quite reliable, we already spent a lot on this car, gotta get value out of it :)

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
03 S2000 original owner, 24 ITS ABP/Ebony
No problem at all, just here to help one another out. 18ā€ wheels might be worth considering if there were a +60mm offset. But then youā€™d need the right color, the right look/style that you like and quality. Maybe in two years or so, I just didnā€™t see any right now.

OEM wheels look great, we like them, they have a very good color finish and performs great. Enkei is quite reliable, we already spent a lot on this car, gotta get value out of it :)
See https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/type-s-winter-wheels-fitment-specs.51006/post-836160 and the post w/ video below it. Note ARC-8 18x9.5" ET58 will not fit without at least a 10mm spacer effectively making the wheel an ET48 offset.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
See https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/type-s-winter-wheels-fitment-specs.51006/post-836160 and the post w/ video below it. Note ARC-8 18x9.5" ET58 will not fit without at least a 10mm spacer effectively making the wheel an ET48 offset.
Interesting. I wonder if this is specific to apex wheels? I donā€™t have any experience with wheel spacers. But Iā€™d have to make sure they are well made, installed correctly and doesnā€™t affect safety and performance of the car

Brian G

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RLX
was looking for the Michelin 275/30/19 All Seasons. A couple weeks ago Costco sold the A/S3+. That tire is no longer advertised at Costco.com or on the Michelin website. Looks like if I want to keep the factory wheels and want Michelin A/S, it is going to be 265/35/19

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto
was looking for the Michelin 275/30/19 All Seasons. A couple weeks ago Costco sold the A/S3+. That tire is no longer advertised at Costco.com or on the Michelin website. Looks like if I want to keep the factory wheels and want Michelin A/S, it is going to be 265/35/19
Michelin has deleted most of the AS3+ sizes since the AS4 came out.

We have the AS3+ on two other cars, and I just had to replace a rear pair. Had to go with the AS4.

Brian G

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RLX
I wouldnt mind the AS4, but they dont carry the same sizes as the AS3+ which is annoying. Going with the 265/35/19 (AS4) my speedo will be off 4% compared to the 275/30/19 (AS3+) which is only a 1% difference.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Iā€™m a real noob when it comes to wheel offsets and stuff, but Iā€™ve been following this thread and have learned a lot (I think)!

So if I understand correctly, if I were to get a winter tire & 18ā€ wheel package from Tire Rack (235/40/18 tire size and 18x8 wheels w/+45 offset), then theyā€™ll easily clear the fenders, right?

I know thereā€™s considerations for performance with such a setup, but Iā€™m generally not driving nearly as hard in the winter.

Last edited: