• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S vs Type R

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I've seen too many of these to read through it all.

C/D notoriously had a slower test time out of the ITS, but that hasn't been duplicated virtually anywhere else that I've seen. Throttle House, Savagegeese, and I think that recent drag race with Jason Camissa with an NSX all had vastly different results.

Other than that, price and rear headroom were the differentiators from what I can tell.

Fact remains- the ITS only exists because some people just don't like the idea of paying $50k+ for a Civic.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
It exist beacuse Acura needed to replace the ILX and the integra platform suites the type S...CTRs sold before the Type S...So 50K civics are here to stay....Shit Type S and CTR are basically twins except for some body panels and seats....I would take either at MSRP....jmho...

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Second place is just the first loser. :(

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
OP
OP
Ministry

Ministry

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S (DE5), FL5(sold)
Yeah it's a bit puzzling...having owned both I cannot agree that the Type R is faster. All this does is help stir the pot. I'll look forward to their 2023 lighting lap results.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm sure it's an AI generated article.😂

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
It exist beacuse Acura needed to replace the ILX and the integra platform suites the type S...CTRs sold before the Type S...So 50K civics are here to stay....Shit Type S and CTR are basically twins except for some body panels and seats....I would take either at MSRP....jmho...
Nobody said the CTR is going away. The ITS just means that more people who otherwise wouldn't buy a Civic might buy an Integra. Tell me why a manufacturer would want to produce two nearly identical cars? The answer is marketing to different demographics.

They're the same car, always have been. It boils down to subjectivity, or in this crazy ass market, what you can get a better deal on.

I'll agree that when I was in the market I would have taken either at MSRP, and picked one over the other depending on the deal. I got my ITS at MSRP, the same day I was about to pull the trigger on a CTR at $5k over.

I'll add though that after now owning the car for a couple months, I'm very glad things landed where they did. I can't imagine owning a CTR now, but I think that's just the bias that I've built over 2 months of thoroughly enjoying this car. I'm sure there are at least some CTR owners who feel the same.

To be clear, again-

optronix many moons ago said:
They're the same car.

spyder

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 IS350, 2019 TT Roadster, 2024 ITS
Guys. The cars weren't tested together. They just mashed up two independent tests and spawned a new article.
The CTR was tested in cooler weather. Last day of November
The ITS was tested in a hot July.

Of course, the CTR will perform better.
What a waste of time.

How do I know?
The result metrics are identical.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a44212736/2024-acura-integra-type-s-drive/
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a41952459/2023-honda-civic-type-r-by-the-numbers/
This is the first thing that came to mind when I read it, which also means the numbers are based on 91 octane and not 93. I'd think a large publication like C&D would think to point out that very important difference. But if they're okay doing a comparison article based off of two separate tests on two separate days, then I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
This is the first thing that came to mind when I read it, which also means the numbers are based on 91 octane and not 93. I'd think a large publication like C&D would think to point out that very important difference. But if they're okay doing a comparison article based off of two separate tests on two separate days, then I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
I thought the same.
The writer of the article told me via email that both were tested using Michigans 93oct fuel.

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 9.27.57 AM.png

Last edited:

spyder

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 IS350, 2019 TT Roadster, 2024 ITS
I thought the same.
The writer of the article told me via email that both were tested using Michigans 93oct fuel.
That's pretty cool that they replied directly to you to confirm.

The article still makes me wonder how many other comparison tests are done with test data from different days.

Type S Zap

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I'M SO HAPPY THAT THE TYPE S CAME OUT. I WAS GOING TO BUY THE ASPEC BUT THE TYPE S LOOKS WAY BETTER. IMHO IJS ASPEC CLAN IS UPSET...IKN BC I CAN FEEL A TREMOR IN THE FORCE....LOL

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
That's pretty cool that they replied directly to you to confirm.

The article still makes me wonder how many other comparison tests are done with test data from different days.
They mostly do it.
**Attached screenshot of the email in the previous post.