• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trunk stuck? Cold weather related?

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Honestly, that's even more concerning, as it leads me to believe there are additional areas where water is getting into the actual deck lid. Was your trunk button unresponsive (similar to your driver's door) or was it also frozen to the point where you were also not able to depress it?
I can't recall whether I could depress the button. Will pay more attention if/when it happens again.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Fridge temps a few weeks ago and freezing temps here recently. No issues with the hatch button or doors unlocking.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
The door handles wouldn't work - I had to use the key fob remote buttons.
Gotcha. In my case the proximity sensor didn’t immediately open the door and neither did the button on the key fob. After a minute or two of fumbling in the cold it decided to open.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Worst I've seen with the proximity lock/unlock is having to try twice with frost on the door handle. When we got winter hard, I was in loaners so my winter experience with the integra is still rather minimal.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Gotcha. In my case the proximity sensor didn’t immediately open the door and neither did the button on the key fob. After a minute or two of fumbling in the cold it decided to open.
Did you bother the dealer about this? It kind of falls under the "if they don't know" clause.

OP
OP

Balefire

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX7
Just got it back from dealer today.
Dealer confirmed trunk stuck closed only in freezing temperatures.
They replaced the latch but this didn't fix it. Still stuck closed in freezing temps.
Upon further review, they found moisture in the new latch that froze in the cold. They found that the OEM spoiler wasn't sealed correctly and may have allowed water and moisture. They replaced latch and resealed spoiler.
All working for now...
Hope this helps

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Thanks for this update. It's been warmer here recently so I haven't experienced the symptom again. If it returns, now I know what they should do.

Curl2TheHouse

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT ABP, 2000 Civic EM1 EBP
Just got it back from dealer today.
Dealer confirmed trunk stuck closed only in freezing temperatures.
They replaced the latch but this didn't fix it. Still stuck closed in freezing temps.
Upon further review, they found moisture in the new latch that froze in the cold. They found that the OEM spoiler wasn't sealed correctly and may have allowed water and moisture. They replaced latch and resealed spoiler.
All working for now...
Hope this helps
I just dropped mine off at the dealer this morning with the exact same issue. Button was frozen solid when I dropped it off. I also provided them with a nice little video clip of the water dripping through the latch and even out of the little access panel as well after taking it through the car wash twice. So hopefully I don't get the "well we couldn't get it to replicate the issue..." We shall see.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
I also have the stock spoiler.

I, too, have experienced the doors not responding to the key fob. However, it senses the fob because the puddle lights come on and I've had to open the door by pressing the unlock button which works. I started using my second key, another benefit of the manual transmission, which has worked fine so far. Anyone else experiencing the door handle issue other than KiloFTW and me? Anyone get it fixed by a dealer??
I think I've finally figured out what is behind this scenario. If my key fob and iPhone are in the same pants or jacket pocket, the smart access system will not lock or unlock my car. If I move one of the items, it subsequently works.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Rhinoplasti78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I just dropped mine off at the dealer this morning with the exact same issue. Button was frozen solid when I dropped it off. I also provided them with a nice little video clip of the water dripping through the latch and even out of the little access panel as well after taking it through the car wash twice. So hopefully I don't get the "well we couldn't get it to replicate the issue..." We shall see.
I’m experiencing the same collection of water in my hatch after having the CF spoiler installed by the dealer, did they figure out what the issue was for you and get it fixed?

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I think I've finally figured out what is behind this scenario. If my key fob and iPhone are in the same pants or jacket pocket, the smart access system will not lock or unlock my car. If I move one of the items, it subsequently works.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Actually, yes. When my phone and keys are in the same pocket, proximity functions dont work.

I’m experiencing the same collection of water in my hatch after having the CF spoiler installed by the dealer, did they figure out what the issue was for you and get it fixed?
its clear your issue is related to the spoiler install. Take it back and tell them