• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trunk stuck? Cold weather related?

Balefire

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX7
It was pretty cold yesterday here in Chicago. Trunk worked fine in my heated garage. After driving a few hundred miles it wouldn't open. Had to remove the gifts via the rear fold down seats. Anyone with this problem? Trunk worked fine as soon as I got home and defrosted in my heated garage again

Ps I hate the lack of an interior trunk release

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
There is a manual trunk release under the plastic molding at the latch.

I hate the useless electronic latch. I'd prefer a manual exterior latch.

If it makes you feel any better the mdx loaner I got today appears to have a broken hatch. It just unlatches then beeps that there's a problem. 9k miles on the loaner.

OP
OP

Balefire

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX7
Tried manual trunk release on interior of hatch crawling thru seat back. No luck either. No latch inside to move

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Tried manual trunk release on interior of hatch crawling thru seat back. No luck either. No latch inside to move
Look in the owners manual. There is a piece of plastic that is covering it that you have to remove.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Has anyone had trouble getting the hatch open button on the back of the car to work in cold weather? A few times I've tried it and the hatch would not open. I then used the key button and the hatch unlocked. This seems like a different, but possibly related, issue to the OP.

solman

First Name
Sol
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASPEC 6MT TECH, 2011 Ford F250
I had this exact problem. The button freezes and will not depress in freezing weather. The dealer replaced the button on the hatch and it seems fine now.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Unless you mean the unlock button itself is not working it sounds like the struts that open the hatch are to cold. I get this on my Mustang with its aftermarket trunk struts. When cold the trunk lid will bare/not move and I have to manually lift it. it may be a fix to move to a slightly stronger strut but also remember that means the trunk will open faster when its warm out.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had this exact problem. The button freezes and will not depress in freezing weather. The dealer replaced the button on the hatch and it seems fine now.
Yes, exactly this - the unlock button itself is not working. I will check with my dealer.

Thanks much!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
No issues here. -8 with a -30 degree wind-chill and I park outside. After cleaning off the snow I was able to open the rear hatch fine.

Curl2TheHouse

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT ABP, 2000 Civic EM1 EBP
I just had this happen over the weekend. I'm in Ohio where we had light snow and then periodic thawing and then re-freezing. For me, the button would not even depress, almost as if it's full of water and frozen solid. Ran it through the car wash to see if it was thaw and sure enough, it did and opened just fine. However, I also noticed a considerable amount of water inside the actual latch and deck lid area, assumingly left over from the car wash. It was even dripping from within the little plastic access cover mentioned earlier.

I did have the dealer install the CF spoiler kit and now I am wondering if they didn't seal it properly when installing. For those experiencing it above, did you still have the stock spoiler or the dealer installed CF? Trying to determine if this is a factory leak issue or something that possibly happened with the dealer. I'll be stopping there this week.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
For those experiencing it above, did you still have the stock spoiler or the dealer installed CF?
I have the stock spoiler and I've experienced the trunk issue. I've also had the driver's door not respond to the key fob. In both cases, I remember them opening after a minute or two without intervention.

Curl2TheHouse

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT ABP, 2000 Civic EM1 EBP
I have the stock spoiler and I've experienced the trunk issue. I've also had the driver's door not respond to the key fob. In both cases, I remember them opening after a minute or two without intervention.
Honestly, that's even more concerning, as it leads me to believe there are additional areas where water is getting into the actual deck lid. Was your trunk button unresponsive (similar to your driver's door) or was it also frozen to the point where you were also not able to depress it?

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Honestly, that's even more concerning, as it leads me to believe there are additional areas where water is getting into the actual deck lid. Was your trunk button unresponsive (similar to your driver's door) or was it also frozen to the point where you were also not able to depress it?
I've read of hatch leaks in the Civic hatchback. Was hoping it didn't make it cross platform.

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/water-leak-on-hatchback.50329/#post-849789

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I also have the stock spoiler.

I, too, have experienced the doors not responding to the key fob. However, it senses the fob because the puddle lights come on and I've had to open the door by pressing the unlock button which works. I started using my second key, another benefit of the manual transmission, which has worked fine so far. Anyone else experiencing the door handle issue other than KiloFTW and me? Anyone get it fixed by a dealer??

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
...I, too, have experienced the doors not responding to the key fob. However, it senses the fob because the puddle lights come on and I've had to open the door by pressing the unlock button which works. ...
Pressing the unlock button on the door handle you mean?