• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trailer Hitch?

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
F-Up?
I believe the tongue weight is 200 lbs if I'm not mistaken.
Even if the weight of the bikes and the carrier doesn't exceed the max tongue weight, that much weight out back might squat the rear enough to maybe drag the hitch on aprons, etc. I had the same issue when towing my motorcycle trailer with my Mk6 GTI, until I installed a set of airbags into the rear springs. I could load all my trackday stuff in the car and on the trailer and pump the car back to level with my bike pump.

I'm looking for a set for the Integra, but no luck yet. When I find a set, I'll post it here. Hopefully, it won't come down to me measuring the springs and contacting a manufacturer.

EDIT: I was stuck on Firestone, because that's what I had on my GTI, but it looks like Air Lift is going to be the place to go.

https://www.airliftcompany.com/products/air-springs/air-lift-1000/

On their website, you can use the spring measurements to find an application that will fit.

Now, I just need the car to show up. ;)

Last edited:

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09
I got hitched today!
Thanks to the folks at Hiley Acura of Fort Worth that were willing to roll the dice with me and give the Civic hitch(draw-tite 24954)install a try.
Taking the bumper cover off is even easier than seen in the Civic videos. The backup camera and parking sensors have one shared connection that's easily undone.
I decided not to trim the corners off the bumper beam since a '22 Civic hatch installer said he was successful without doing so.
That probably should be done on the Integra too since while the cover went back on and looks factory two clips that go on the bottom of the cover don't line up any longer. So we just ziptied them. Not ideal but should be fine.
Took about 90 minutes to complete.

20220715_113041.jpg

20220715_114653.jpg

20220715_115111.jpg

20220715_120239.jpg

20220715_123457.jpg

20220715_123535.jpg

20220715_122526.jpg
Did they wire up for trailer lights too? Is it the same harness as the Civic?

OP
OP

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
No, since it's only being used for bike racks.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My hitch showed up yesterday. The wiring is the same as the Civic - or it's supposed to be. That showed up earlier this week. I need to measure my rear springs for airbags and get those ordered before I dive in.

cdubz

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
jeep wrangler
Mounted a rack and bike this morning and when reversing the rear parking sensors freaked out and applied the brakes aggressively even engaging ABS. I think I shifted into neutral then back into reverse and it allowed me to move backwards.
Definitely will reference the owners manual to see if I can temporarily turn those sensors off.
Were you able to solve the issue with backing up?

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
Were you able to solve the issue with backing up?
The sensors can be disabled both through the menu inside of the speedometer on the gauge cluster, as well as through the vehicle settings. I had some slush buildup that required disabling them a few weeks back.

OP
OP

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Yes, TY. It is easy but as much as I have the rack on and off it can be a bit of a hassle to remember. When the ABS kicks in hard it's a harsh reminder to disable it.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I took my car and parts to the dealer to get an estimate for installation. It's going to be expensive. I don't have a good history with bumper covers. The only other time I tried to remove/reinstall one was with my GTI and I broke one of the most important clips - on the corner - and the cover never sat flush there again. I'm also worried about removing the tail lights to connect the wiring harness.

I made an appointment for next Tuesday to have the dealer do it, but since I'm retired military, so I can go to the hobby shop on my local base. I'm going to go down there this week. Worst case is that I get everything installed except for connecting the wiring to the lights. That would save me a bit of $$$.

If anyone has removed the tail lights from there Integra, please post up how it's done. It looks like for recent model year Civics, they are fixed by external bolts. Once you have those out, the light comes out easily, but having never done it I can't be sure.

Smalls

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A-Spec Tech
I took my car and parts to the dealer to get an estimate for installation. It's going to be expensive. I don't have a good history with bumper covers. The only other time I tried to remove/reinstall one was with my GTI and I broke one of the most important clips - on the corner - and the cover never sat flush there again. I'm also worried about removing the tail lights to connect the wiring harness.

I made an appointment for next Tuesday to have the dealer do it, but since I'm retired military, so I can go to the hobby shop on my local base. I'm going to go down there this week. Worst case is that I get everything installed except for connecting the wiring to the lights. That would save me a bit of $$$.

If anyone has removed the tail lights from there Integra, please post up how it's done. It looks like for recent model year Civics, they are fixed by external bolts. Once you have those out, the light comes out easily, but having never done it I can't be sure.
If you look at post #9, he didn't have to remove the tail lights.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You are correct, but he installed it only to use a hitch mounted bike rack. I will be towing a trailer, so I have to get the lights out to connect the wiring harness for the trailer lights.

cdubz

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
jeep wrangler

Let us know how your install goes, thanks for sharing what folks are doing with their integra

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I installed my hitch today. It went pretty smooth until I went to install the trailer wiring. The hitch for the Civic XI may fit the Integra, but the wiring harness does not. The lights come out easily enough. There are 4 bolts along the bottom and one on the top outboard corner. Remove those and take it out a little sideways to get the one little peg out of the grommet on the side.

Apparently, the Civic uses two connections per side. One for the running lights and brake and another for the turns. The Integra combines all lights into one connector. I think I can still use the harness, I just need to tap directly into the car's wiring. The only teeny-tiny problem I have is I don't know which wire does what. Need to find a wiring diagram.

Other than that, it was a pretty productive day. In addition to mounting the hitch, I also go the air bags into the rear springs. I'm a little concerned they are a bit short. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'll test them out Friday.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I installed my hitch today. It went pretty smooth until I went to install the trailer wiring. The hitch for the Civic XI may fit the Integra, but the wiring harness does not. The lights come out easily enough. There are 4 bolts along the bottom and one on the top outboard corner. Remove those and take it out a little sideways to get the one little peg out of the grommet on the side.

Apparently, the Civic uses two connections per side. One for the running lights and brake and another for the turns. The Integra combines all lights into one connector. I think I can still use the harness, I just need to tap directly into the car's wiring. The only teeny-tiny problem I have is I don't know which wire does what. Need to find a wiring diagram.

Other than that, it was a pretty productive day. In addition to mounting the hitch, I also go the air bags into the rear springs. I'm a little concerned they are a bit short. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'll test them out Friday.
You can use a multimeter to pin out the harness.

Ie. Test which pin has power when brake is applied, test which pin has turn applied, test which pin has tails applied.

Electricals aren't the wizardry some may have you believe.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
You can use a multimeter to pin out the harness.

Ie. Test which pin has power when brake is applied, test which pin has turn applied, test which pin has tails applied.

Electricals aren't the wizardry some may have you believe.
Obviously test for DC voltage to tell which is applied. It may not be 12v exactly but if there is voltage when you apply the input, there will be voltage at the pin (likely 6-12v)

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, I know I can do that, but I'd rather see a wiring diagram that tells me which is which. At the very least it would save me having to make an extra long set of test leads.