• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Tuned 2023+ Integra Experience & Reliability Thread

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
Haven’t had a ton of updates or adds to this thread lately. Just wanted to check in and see how everyone’s tunes have been running? Any issues? Still 100% worth it?

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
Haven’t had a ton of updates or adds to this thread lately. Just wanted to check in and see how everyone’s tunes have been running? Any issues? Still 100% worth it?
Still good on my end, Cvt trans and all I have a Ktuner with a PRL intake. Vehicle is my daily with 5k+ miles with tune. I daily on map 1 but will switch to map3 when some spirited driving is needed. Still waiting for someone to make a turbo inlet pipe so I can swap that out with a downpipe. Don’t plan to go to crazy with this car , I’m still saving for a corvette

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
Ended up pulling the trigger on the Ktuner with the Phearable 1.5 tune, but would anyone be able to help me find the ECU number on the Integra? I looked under the hood for a bit but couldn't find anything

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I installed the Phearable tune through a KTuner yesterday. It does seem to perk the car up a bit, but it's hard for me to say because I almost never drive it very hard. As long as I can tow my bike on its trailer without the car "feeling" the trailer, I'll be happy.

Some notes:

If you don't drive your car much and it's been sitting all week, take it for a good blast on the interstate before trying to load the tune. Otherwise, the warning that asks if you want to erase the ECU will also say something like "your car should be connected to a charger." If you ignore that bit of the warning, you'll sit there like a complete idiot for 30 minutes while nothing happens.

If you downloaded Tuner View, the pass code to connect it to your KTuner is the last 5 digits of the KTuner number printed on the unit and on a label on the box in which it came.

I've never done anything like this before and I was scared to death of bricking my ECU, but it turned out to be quite easy - once I had the battery charged up - just follow the instructions and the on-screen prompts and you'll be good to go.

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to leave the KTuner attached to the OBD port (V1.2). I don't like the way it sticks down into the footwell. It appears to be well enough out of the way, but I'm afraid I might kick it getting in or out of the car. If I keep it attached, I may throw a zip-tie around it, or maybe unmount the OBD port and stuff the whole thing up under the dash.

Fngslim

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
TSP vs Phearable? I had phearable stage 3 on my 18 accord 2.0 and it made it fly with a downpipe. I noticed after like 10k miles it started to feel kinda jerky the transmission. I didnt step on it all the time because it really felt like the car was an animal would really keep up with a lot of cars, q50s included. Is phearable too aggressive of a tune on the car? Wanted to get it for my integra but worried it may cause issues. I did have a 10 speed and it was always jerky but got worse with the tune don’t know if maybe was needing a new mount or maybe trans was going bad traded it in before finding out

Tylershuman07

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I installed the Phearable tune through a KTuner yesterday. It does seem to perk the car up a bit, but it's hard for me to say because I almost never drive it very hard. As long as I can tow my bike on its trailer without the car "feeling" the trailer, I'll be happy.

Some notes:

If you don't drive your car much and it's been sitting all week, take it for a good blast on the interstate before trying to load the tune. Otherwise, the warning that asks if you want to erase the ECU will also say something like "your car should be connected to a charger." If you ignore that bit of the warning, you'll sit there like a complete idiot for 30 minutes while nothing happens.

If you downloaded Tuner View, the pass code to connect it to your KTuner is the last 5 digits of the KTuner number printed on the unit and on a label on the box in which it came.

I've never done anything like this before and I was scared to death of bricking my ECU, but it turned out to be quite easy - once I had the battery charged up - just follow the instructions and the on-screen prompts and you'll be good to go.

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to leave the KTuner attached to the OBD port (V1.2). I don't like the way it sticks down into the footwell. It appears to be well enough out of the way, but I'm afraid I might kick it getting in or out of the car. If I keep it attached, I may throw a zip-tie around it, or maybe unmount the OBD port and stuff the whole thing up under the dash.
I have mine in the footwell and I kick it at least like once a week. The thing is solid metal so I’m pretty sure the only thing that’s being harmed is my leg.

Tylershuman07

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec w/technology (manual)

Total tuned time: 8 months

Tuned miles driven: 7500

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Phearable 1.5R

Fuel used:
93 octane - Always brand name gas

Additional related mods: None

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: If I’m the first person in line at a red light or it’s a stop sign outside of a neighborhood where there aren’t too many people around I’ll generally be pretty aggressive with the acceleration. I’ll also go full throttle quite a bit when getting on highway on ramps. Other than that mostly just cruising.

Tuning experience notes: I haven’t had a single issue. I stuck the Ktuner on at 500 miles on the odometer. Ran map1 of Phearable until 1k miles and switched over to map2 and have been on it for the last 7000 miles or so. Occasionally I will throw on map3 for a pull but you can definitely smell a little bit of clutch so I only do this on rare occasions. On map2 I haven’t even once experienced clutch slipping or smelled clutch when getting out of the car. Even when I go on dedicated cruises with friends where I’m going full throttle like 50% of the time. Where I feel the benefit most is in gears 2-4. It used to feel like the car would fall off at the higher end of the rev range in these gears but now it does the opposite and just keeps getting quicker as the revs climb. It honestly feels like a genuinely quick car now. 1st gear still sucks but that’s because of the stock tires on the car. Eventually I’ll upgrade the clutch and just run map3 all the time instead of map2. But that’s $$$ so I gotta wait awhile.

I know the guys who makes the tunes occasionally hop in this thread so I want to shoot out a question that I haven’t seen discussed much. Do you have any opinions on the clutch damper deletes for these cars and how they would affect longevity and reliability of the flywheel and driveline components? I know clutches aren’t your specialty but I figured you guys have more knowledge of the cars than most so I wanted to get an opinion. I really hate how hard it is to get the clutch engagement to be smooth and I feel like the damper delete would help with that quite a bit.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I have mine in the footwell and I kick it at least like once a week. The thing is solid metal so I’m pretty sure the only thing that’s being harmed is my leg.
Surprisingly enough, I haven't kicked mine yet.

Fngslim

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Anyone have any recent mods or tunes done to their vehicles?

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle: 2024 Integra A-Spec w/technology (manual)

Total tuned time: 06-26-2023

Tuned miles driven: 800mi ODO average 500 miles a week.

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Phearable Stage 1.5 RACE Tune

Fuel used: 93 octane

Additional related mods: K&N air filter

Driving style:
City map 1: shifting around 2.5-3k every time.
Highway map 2: ACC is life! But will manually pass and weave to get back to using ACC

Tuning experience notes: tuning will always be the best performance per dollar spent. Too scared to try map 3 without upgraded intercooler.

Tried map 3 (246HP/291TQ) today (06-30-2023) and oh my god what a difference. I didn’t push to hard because of people claims of clutch slipping but I did 2 small pulls in 2nd gear and didn’t smell any clutch or anything. Crazy I felt sucked into my seat a little haha it was fun! Drove on highway for a good 100 miles afterwards and in 6th gear def experience something abnormal. Around 4K rpm car just kind of stopped accelerating. A problem I saw listed when clutch is slipping. Still no burning smell. 08-10-2023 3k miles. Noticed clutch slipping in 6 gear trying to weave through traffic on highway with map 2.

Last edited:

Lunaaa

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Manual
Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec w/technology (manual)

Total tuned time: Few weeks, tuned at around 11k miles

Tuned miles driven: 750

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Starter 18, Phearable 1.5R

Fuel used: 93 octane

Additional related mods: PRL HV Intake, PRL downpipe + frontpipe, PRL intercooler

Driving style: Slightly speedy, bit of fun on a free on/off-ramp or a twisty road

Tuning experience notes: The starter 18 made the car feel significantly faster but it wasn't super smooth at low speeds. The Phearable tune is amazing, feels like butter in comparison. I have noticed a bit of clutch slip with map 2 on the highway.

Last edited:

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
Trying to get some input, I’m running a Ktuner with Phearable 1.5R tune. The only mods at the time were a PRl Hv intake and front pipe. My question is, now that I have a pRl intercooler installed and I have a 27won downpipe on the way, would it make any difference to get a new tune done by Phearable?!? Reason why I ask , is I have a CVT and I don’t think I can pull out any more power/torqe from a tune since I have a Cvt , compared to just installing the items and sticking with the first tune. Thanks in advance .