• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Tuned 2023+ Integra Experience & Reliability Thread

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
I'm on the Phearable tune, and I'm getting clutch slippage on even the medium-boost map. You can see from the RPM vs MPH graph that there's a bit of slippage on Map 2, and a ton of slippage on Map 3. Seems like 19psi is the upper limit for how my clutch can handle. Now to figure out if I should do the RV6-FK8 clutch upgrade, or hold out for the Type S...

phearable slipping.jpg
This is very interesting. Do you feel the slippage during everyday driving or is it more when you’re pushing the car and driving more aggressively?

I don’t plan to track the car or anything, but was interested in using the Phearable Map 2 for everyday driving and was worried about the clutch

Tux_Integra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
This is very interesting. Do you feel the slippage during everyday driving or is it more when you’re pushing the car and driving more aggressively?

I don’t plan to track the car or anything, but was interested in using the Phearable Map 2 for everyday driving and was worried about the clutch
[/QUOTE

I have map 1 on everyday driving and haven't felt any slipping, but I do plan on getting a new clutch just to have it.

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
Issue fixed….
it was my
Laptop this whole time 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT

No slippage during normal driving, and the slippage (for now) is minor on Map 2. In the real world, I'm unlikely to be going WOT at under 4000RPMs in 3rd gear or higher, so there's likely not going to be any slippage when driving it properly. What I've noticed is that boost is limited in 1st and 2nd gear, and seems to peak at around 16-17psi, so going WOT in 1st or 2nd is fine.

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
No slippage during normal driving, and the slippage (for now) is minor on Map 2. In the real world, I'm unlikely to be going WOT at under 4000RPMs in 3rd gear or higher, so there's likely not going to be any slippage when driving it properly. What I've noticed is that boost is limited in 1st and 2nd gear, and seems to peak at around 16-17psi, so going WOT in 1st or 2nd is fine.
Thanks for the additional insights!

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So a little update for people with a Cvt, I’ve had the vehicle tuned for over 2k miles . I stick with map 1 while driving and only switch to map 3 when theirs a highway pull or street pull needed . Car feels great , no issue with Cvt trans slip or power delay. Trans temp do get to 228+ with hard pulls but drop back down to 206 when driving . On map 3 with just a plr intake , I was able to pull a good gap on my coworkers wrx with intake,Dp with a Cobb tuner. At the moment I’m doing 100 miles each way for work, but with in the next few weeks I’m moving to 15 miles per day for work. Once that transfer happens , I’ll trying daily with Map2 and see if any issue.

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also side note, I know the CVt is one continuous gear, but if you put on the Ktuner tablet to show you what gear your in when using the paddle shifter , it usually shows 4th or 5th gear ,didn’t matter if I was in 1st or 6th “gear” while using the paddle shifter. Kinda a dumb concern for me to have, but if some how Ktuner could fix this, it would be great for my next track event , when taking a turn it would be easier for me to look at the tablet instead of down at the cluster when taking a turn . Should be doing streets of willow the end of this month with this car, we will see how it goes.

LCM23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A Spec Tech 6MT
Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec w/technology (manual)

Total tuned time: 1 month

Tuned miles driven: 500

Tuning device(s) used: Flashpro CARB

Tunes used: 250tq (the only one you can flash right now)

Fuel used: 91 octane

Additional related mods: none

Problems/issues: Turned off parking sensors after flashing. Just had to turn it back on again

Driving style: Lazy commute drive getting on boost for on ramps.

Tuning experience notes:
Car is definitely more peppy in the mid range. Can smell the clutch if driven a bit hard.

This is my second flashpro. MY08 S2K really loved a custom tune. Never had problems with Flashpro in the past. Easy to unlock from vehicle and sell to a new owner if need be. I just wanted a simple tune and not have to go to the dyno anymore. The 250tq tune is most noticeable in the mid range. Makes city driving a lot easier. Didn't notice much difference in MPG. Now as many others have pointed out the clutch is the weak point. It is not slipping on me but I can definitely smell it at times when pushing it hard.

If CARB laws were different here in CA I would've gotten the race version for a custom tune. Some shops won't even do custom tunes here just because of the ECU check for smog. So I'd say I got my monies worth with the CARB version as it's a simple flash and forget about it solution.

Tylershuman07

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
That description for the Clutch Damper Delete is super misleading. They’re saying that it’s only there to reduce vibrations coming through the clutch pedal which doesn’t make any sense at all. No one cares if the clutch pedal has slight vibrations coming through it for the 0.5 seconds they have their foot on it while they shift. The clutch damper is protecting your flywheel and other driveline components from taking too much shock. So be really careful if you decide to delete it.

***Edited since I incorrectly stated that the integra uses a dual mass flywheel.

Last edited:

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
That description for the Clutch Damper Delete is super misleading. They’re saying that it’s only there to reduce vibrations coming through the clutch pedal which doesn’t make any sense at all. No one cares if the clutch pedal has slight vibrations coming through it for the 0.5 seconds they have their foot on it while they shift. The integra uses a dual mass flywheel which is more sensitive to shock from the clutch being engaged too quickly. The clutch damper is protecting your flywheel and other driveline components from taking too much shock. So be really careful if you decide to delete it.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. The clutch I am getting also requires a flywheel change. I'll make sure to talk to the shop doing the work, and go with their recommendation regarding the damper delete.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
That description for the Clutch Damper Delete is super misleading. They’re saying that it’s only there to reduce vibrations coming through the clutch pedal which doesn’t make any sense at all. No one cares if the clutch pedal has slight vibrations coming through it for the 0.5 seconds they have their foot on it while they shift. The integra uses a dual mass flywheel which is more sensitive to shock from the clutch being engaged too quickly. The clutch damper is protecting your flywheel and other driveline components from taking too much shock. So be really careful if you decide to delete it.
I would like confirmation on this as I swear I read somewhere that the gen 11 civics and the integra were single mass. The gen 10 civics were dual mass.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I would like confirmation on this as I swear I read somewhere that the gen 11 civics and the integra were single mass. The gen 10 civics were dual mass.
Yeah I thought it was also single mass to reduce rev hang.. less mass rotating.

Tylershuman07

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Yeah I was wrong and it definitely seems that the latest Gen integra has a single mass flywheel. Thanks for finding that info and correcting me. However, there still will be additional drivetrain shock transmitted with the clutch damper delete. It feels disingenuous for pro import tuners to give no warning of this at all and act like it’s actually benefiting the reliability of your car.